Forum › Posts by elevown

elevown
Image Comments 19 Jul 06:22
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
54315228_p0

It reminds me of a disney or ghibli film - great style.

I love the doll in the background struggling to separate the wet dresses :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Behind the card? It's a checkered shoe.

LOL - I was seeing it totally wrong - I see it now. If you look at it right it looks like a girls chest area, wearing some kinda lace up corset top thingy (at about a 45% angle) with the left side of the legs empty space looking like a tank top thingy half covering the left side.

It makes sense now though, thankyou - it's showing that she kicked the card as she was walking along :)

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 6:16PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I liked this one :)

But I'm confused about the first pannel.

Am I missing something? What is that behind the wedding card and why is it there?

It looks like a front tying corset type top - yet the school girl obviously isn't wearing that in the next panel - and neither is the teacher in the panel after - and even if they were, why would you show it there?

It annoys me lol that they drew something on purpose and I have no idea why or what it's meant to be.

On another note -

If I was her I'd of gone to that wedding and introduced myself as her Ex lover - and say to the guy I hope she doesn't cheat on you too since she has a history of that kind of thing - or that she doesn't go back to girls - make a little scene and leave.

What kind of bitch would cheat on you then invite you to the marriage?

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 1:04PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

16?? This is way less creepy than I thought. Isn't the age of consent in Japan something ridiculous like 13?

Like Nya-chan said thats just internet rubbish. The age of consent in Japan is 18 - everywhere - in practice.

The min age it's not illegal with someone close in age is 14 - i.e a 14 year old girl with her 15 year old boyfriend - he isn't gona end up in prison. Lots of countries have such a 'cinderella' clause for age of consent. But If she is 15 and you were like 25 then you'd be off to prison.

From what I remember the age gap can't be more than 3 years for an under 18 year old.

She says wait a year for me - but it says she is 16, so my guess is she is nearly 17. So in just over a year she will be legal - and once she graduates and isn't her pupil any more she will be in the clear :)

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 1:06PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I can understand them, in essence, I absolutly love this but damm, some of those panels are choosen very poorly

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/yuzumori_san_ch0_2#4

I don't think it's chosen poorly at all - I don't like that panel but I mean it was deliberate - like nez commented I think the author, while mainly staying in the cute funny side, wants a few bits that seem a bit creepy so the reader feels a bit uncomfortable with it.

And the panel is over the top deliberately i think - it's not a very realistic mental image of hugging lol - and Mimika resisted the temptation to do so either way.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ Just to point out a few things regarding your points - firstly, I'm sure some lolicon series have such posts - but a) some predate the forum update and thus will have zero or very few posts of any kind - and b) All those other series have lolicon tags - and people who find that mostly objectionable would avoid them. This series didn't have a lolicon tag - though I see it has been added in the last few hours - so all the posters before this could have read it without realising it's nature.

And not all the posts are just pointless 'it's creepy' and I just wanted to post that - some say it's creepy but I can't stop reading it - or it's a bit creepy but I like it still etc. A lot of people are also joking about it being super pervy with the hand holding thing just in case you missed that running joke.

Myself I don't see her as creepy at all :) I don't think the gags will be about her being creepy but being totally hung up on her and the girl causing her kiniptions in various unintended ways.

They might even go down the route where Yuzumori is aware of mimika's feelings and is playing with her because she likes it. Not sure if it will get to anything serious even like kissing - personaly hope it does by the end!

last edited at Jul 17, 2016 1:05AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

This is getting really creepy, like predator alert here.
And this is coming from someone who unashamedly enjoys loli stuff.

I don't see it personally - dosn't Mimika seem pretty timid and an M type? She could barely ask to be friends. Sure she is super into her but it looks like she's the type to be super happy just being around Yuzumori.

All the interactions came from Yuzumori - I don't see a single predator like thing with Mimika - there are no thoughts of tricking this girl into sex etc - she seems pretty much a genki moe type girl who can't hide her emotions not some evil player / predator.

How I'm reading this is any advancements will be from Yuzumori - either innocent stuff or deliberate - and Mimika will be the one being pulled around and discombobulated - and probably never takes a single liberty with Yuzumori.

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 5:56PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

where's the "pedophile" tag

Presumably if it starts moving more toward the sexual and not just in her head thoughts, it will get a lolicon tag - it dosn't really need it yet since nothing has happened.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Second year of hs 16/17ish
4th year of elementary like 10ish

So like a 10 year age gap

You mean 6 or 7 surely by your own math.

Checking on Japanese schooling ages I see 4th yr elementary makes her either 9 or 10 - so given the right birthdays their could be as much as, or close to 8 years between them - or as little as a bit over 6. Without knowing their exact birthdays I'm gonna go with somewhere in the middle at 7 yr gap.

I really like this so far I've got to say :) Even though there's a big age gap and Mimika is seriously into her, I don't think Yuzumori is in any danger.

It seems to me Yuzumori is far more proactive and bold than Mimika - If things develop I'm kinda expecting it to be mostly Yuzumori's doing.

Maybe I'm seeing too much in so few chapters but Mimika seems a bit of an 'M' to me - at least in this situation - and while I wouldn't call Yuzumori an 'S' type, she does seem like the more dominant of the pair.?

last edited at Jul 16, 2016 5:55PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I have heard the Bad ends are pretty disturbing and dark so i'd advise skipping them if you hate that kinda thing.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

A number of those are otome game with just one yuri route, though, so be careful. Roommate, for example, is such an example. And personally, the avaible girl for the yuri route doesn't suit my taste, so I'm not buying that game.

Yup - I'm very glad quite a few dating sims include a yuri path these days - but if it's just one girl like in some, it's not much good if she doesn't appeal to you - so you should check up the dating options before you buy such a game (myself I quite liked the girl in room mates.)

Also with such games, if you have no interest in the guy routes that means a lot less replay value ofcourse.

Some have 2 girls , like magic diary, planet stronghold, seasons of the wolf etc - which is better.

For all yuri goodness check the 3 I listed in my last post though.

last edited at Jul 11, 2016 8:30PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Quite a surprise, I thought there are like only 2 yuri LN. The Sono Hanabira with multiples parings and Kindred Spirit on The roof. Is there more English-translated yuri LN? Or more coming out that I should take note of?

There are lots of VN's and similar games with at least one or 2 yuri routes - (a lot from winterwolves ) - like room mates, planet stronghold, c14 dating, hustle cat, etc - see the list I linked for some of those.

There are also a few total yuri ones you missed besides sono hana and kindred, like A little lily princess, Heileen 3 sea maidens, and spirited hearts girls love.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Thanks for the heads up - I'm a bit concerned by the 'bittersweet' love description - hope it's not too angsty - but will be getting it for sure :)

Btw a good way to find Yuri games / games with yuri is to subscribe to the steam curator - Hella Yuri - and check their recommended list of like a 100 or so games with yuri of some sort :) And you wont miss new ones either.

Be sure to read their notes on each game - Like for this one they say 'You play as a girl, 4 girls to date, 100% yuri :)

Some games might be like '1 date-able girl' , or even some side characters are yuri etc so the amount of yuri varies a lot but I found it a very useful list, that seems to be mostly accurate.

http://store.steampowered.com/curator/6864182-Hella-Yuri/

last edited at Jul 10, 2016 3:37AM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I hope the author dosn't skip the health issues that go with Albinism so it's more than a gimmick. She should have bad eyesight, so have glasses - (that don't fully fix the issues) and always wear sunglasses outside due to photosensitivity etc.

Seems ok so far though.

last edited at Jul 3, 2016 4:00PM

elevown
Love Laika discussion 02 Jul 01:27
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Lol - such perverted hand holding :)

elevown
Image Comments 30 Jun 22:40
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013
46074774_p7

Haha - Eli must of done something real dumb :)

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

age gap? Mc's like in middle school and Yuzumori seems like be in grade school. It could just be like, a 1 year diff tho, but mc seems taller and all, idk. Will have to wait for more chapters for confirmation of some kind

Ye, I called it. Age Gap with grade schooler indeed
I like mc, I like main characters who are super expressive, getting all flustered and worked up like that c:

Unless i misunderstood what you mean, you called it wrong - main character is a second year HIGH school student - she says so twice - the gap is a lot more than 1 year - more like 4 to 6 year gap - depending what year the younger girl is in.

last edited at Jun 30, 2016 5:51PM

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

If it's in the stretch magazine

Welp time for 200 pages of people getting their hopes up only for them to be dashed at the last second, good thing I stopped getting invested in subtext stuff a long time ago.

Maybe - but hope not.

The mistake is getting invested in subtext stuff. Just enjoy the ride. Also, I didn't even twig the loli was in primary school in the preview chapters, I thought she was just tiny.

This - This is how I handle series that are mostly subtexty and you don't know how it will go- I don't assume or get my hopes up and just enjoy each chapter for what it is and if it gets a yuri end then bonus :)

The only ones that piss me off is if it does seem like a deliberate troll - where it seemed like the readers are mislead into believing it is going one way then pull some out of the blue sudden switch at the end like the writer enjoys pissing people off.

Why's everyone saying it's gonna end in subtext? This is gay as hell, if you'll excuse my language.

Because it is in the same magazine as stretch was - that built up peoples hopes over a lot of chapters and then had a total troll ending. Maybe people think one series constitutes a pattern - maybe the manga is ok with subtext but not outright yuri? - I dunno because I don't keep track of what magazines series release in or what their target market is - I dunno if this magazine has run an outright yuri story before?

Personally while maybe it won't be full yuri I'm not expecting a troll ending really.

elevown
St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Looks very interesting and unique - I don't recall high school girl x elementary school girl before.

Ofcourse maybe she's in middle school and just small. If it's in the stretch magazine It might not go into loli territory and stay fairly safe? I'd still enjoy some cute subtexty interactions :)

And hopefully it wont have a troll ending lol - no particular reason it should.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I assume they mean the other stuff in there like they can't wear a watch, have sleep overs at friends, go to karaoke or an arcade without parents, can't wear a brightly coloured coat in winter, etc.

last edited at Jun 28, 2016 10:25PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

As you suspected, Hana indeed uses 花 (flower). Hinako just uses katakana, but "hina" means "chick", and "-ko" is the usual feminine name ending you see everywhere.

Thanks for the info :) I'm suprised Hinako is in Katakana - I thought they only did that with foreign names, or modern names where there was no suitable Kanji? I'm sure I've seen Hinako multiple times and thought it was a common traditional name - it sounds like a meiji era empress or something?

last edited at Jun 27, 2016 5:47PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I guess they do follow very similar 'plot beats' - though in half her stuff it's the small Mari like girl who has feelings first not the blond :) I guess Since I really enjoy the general high school girls falling in love setting I don't notice / mind those similarities :)

On another note - to the translators or anyone who's seem the raws, what do Hana and Hinata's names mean (the Kanji) ? I guess Hana uses the flower Kanji? Authors often like to use related names for couples so I was curious.

last edited at Jun 27, 2016 12:55PM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Malibu and Ropponmatsu, thank you so much for translating chapter 7. You guys are the best.

That being said, After reading a few series from Morinaga, it does start to feel that they all follow the same structure. Thankfully she hasn't gotten to the point where reading one series is like reading all of them but is still kind of distracting.

You think so? Certainly there are some similarities in her works - mainly visual style, setting, and using the same / similar character archetypes - but each series feels pretty different to me.

The closest 2 to girl friends would probably be After school, and kisses sighs - which would since it was the for-runner to girl friends and where those characters originated. After school - beyond the story being not very similar, has a different feel for me for various reasons.

Secret princess felt quite different in tone too - and secret recipe even more so since it was more comedy based.

And I don't think it's possible to write a manga MORE different from her other stuff than Mare is.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

also already vol2 and still no hint of a kiss :(

comeon she invite you alone in her room when her family is (supposely) away and wearing a miniskirt that almost show you her panties, get a clue ! :D

If we compare it to girlfriends, the first kiss there was the end of chapter 7 - and chapter 10 till Mari figured out she was in love - so this manga isn't particularly going slower as yet - lets see if we have a kiss - or an Epiphany, by chapter 10 :)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

what is gyaru

Says a few times in the earlier chapters -

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hana_and_hina_after_school_ch01#2