Forum › Posts by Kiana

Kiana
SHY discussion 23 Apr 02:50
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

I look forward to Kfufu's de-indoctrination. Grats to Spirits, she's just adopted a side kick. (Maybe.)

last edited at Apr 23, 2021 2:50AM

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

That's really cute.

And credit page is a whole feel, too.

Kiana
Image Comments 21 Apr 05:49
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Eyp6rg-u8aa8qyf-orig

This continues to be the ship I didn't know I needed until it was given to me.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Can always count on Garun to provide the hnnnngs

So very much. Fastest click of my life.

Kiana
SHY discussion 15 Apr 01:44
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

...say. Do I remember wrong or wasn't Stardust, like, fighting atop that thing the last we saw him and is thus now presumably in free fall towards a sudden date with the ground?

Century flew up there a couple chapters ago, so he can probably catch Stardust. So there's another shipping moment I can get behind. :)

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 1:44AM

Kiana
SHY discussion 15 Apr 00:44
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

The magic ninja plot powers are especially jarring for me because the chapter where Teru has to keep practicing and practicing until she works out how to use her power is one of my favorites.

We don't even see the ninja trio practice anything other than shuriken throwing in the flashbacks, as far as I can recall. Maybe some swordsmanship? Certainly nothing that explains growing wings or fusion dancing.

Kiana
SHY discussion 15 Apr 00:01
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Obligatory: Praise the sun! \o/

Though I really wish ninjutsu in this setting had any kind of definitive rules, because it just comes across as plot magic.

Also I'm counting https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shy_ch71#16 as a shipping moment. Hoping we get a nice downtime chapter for a repeat of https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/shy_ch05#4

last edited at Apr 15, 2021 12:02AM

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

The die has been cast.

Koguma has a talent for "accidentally" getting into these situations. I'm absolutely convinced her subconscious is doing a lot of heavy lifting to make this ship happen.

Kiana
Image Comments 10 Apr 22:01
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
53265772_p44

Miqo'te face markings. Those are catgirls in disguise!

And apparently in character, since... well, paper eating.

Kiana
SHY discussion 10 Apr 12:02
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Calling it now: The swords sacrifice themselves to save the girls. They become completely noncombat side characters because of this, keeping them from overpowering future threats.

Or bird boy bites it instead; who knows? I don't want him to die, but it's a possibility.

Honestly, I'm getting annoyed at the anime ninja attack calling stuff. In moderation, it doesn't bug me. But it feels like it's taking up a lot of panel space and is used in a kind of handwavy manner.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Some compromise must have been reached between dad and daughter over covering the medical bills.

Dad and son.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Title and drama tag had me worried it would end in tragedy. It was an emotional roller coaster, but I'm glad I read it.

I'm conflicted how the narrative seems to support the thinking that scars and hunting are manly but I think overall it's a moving piece.

I think the idea is that scars and hunting are part of Chiaki's personal view of masculinity, not necessarily that they're inherent manly; the manga does make a point of stating female hunters exist. And Chiaki's clearly viewing his dad as a template. Which, given the ending, not a bad call on his part. But that's just my interpretation.

The dream surgery scene was especially powerful; I have had similar daydreams, though as a trans woman they instead had doctors stretching my hipbones and sewing my vocal folds tighter and stuff like that.

I had similar dreams as well. Some were even more surreal. Comforting to learn that it's more common than I was led to believe.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Ox-demon has made a grave error. As in he's going to wind up in a grave.

Kiana
SHY discussion 25 Mar 05:39
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

...As far as combination attacks go, wasn't expecting that. And yet it fits that trio so perfectly.

I will second hyrushoten's question, though. Much as I love SHY (It's definitely in my top ten) I've been feeling arc fatigue for a few chapters now. Please don't let this turn into another Soul Society arc. Or Namek. Or every massive crossover in superhero comics.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Lovey-dovey lesbian moms, happily adopted kid, wholesome childhood romance... yeah, this is an instant fave for me.

Kiana
Image Comments 08 Mar 23:10
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
18233914_p0

Megaman Zero yuri continues to be a pleasant surprise.

Kiana
Image Comments 08 Mar 23:10
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Pas was and still is a blessing.

Kiana
Image Comments 02 Mar 20:06
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Ee86aelvaaag71s-orig

Hmmmm, interest piqued. Getting close to wanting to watch the series

Same. On my list, but it's a heck of a backlog...

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

Aww, Kogu's pov on things is always so pure.

She's so precious.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

What a cute Rule 63 Good Omens doujin.

Yes!

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

...why do I have a sudden sense of dread that Taro is going to die and she'll inherit an eye from him?

The series can be melancholy, but c'mon, brain, stop that.

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

"We're not a married couple!"

Yet. You do have great chemistry...

Kiana
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stardust_telepath_ch20#2

Panel 4

Is it possible to learn this power?

last edited at Feb 17, 2021 3:10PM

Kiana
Image Comments 16 Feb 17:55
Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020
Risui_1227924200737759233_2

[dives for cover]

Teru%20frown
joined Jul 9, 2020

This author has the weirdest notion about where's a good place to end a chapter.

I'll second that. Side character seemingly gets a relationship... okay? Not a lot of tension and not really an end-on-a-laugh page, either, at least to me. Almost feels like a filler page, like a chapter#.1 sorta thing.

That "If you love me, kiss me" part is a microcosm of everything wrong with their relationship; they're trying to use their physical connection to compensate for their lack of trust and a mental/emotional connection.

I'll also second that. Which simultaneously makes it a very realistic college relationship and frustrating (maybe tense would be a better word?) to watch. Like removing a splinter; it's going to hurt but hopefully the end result is worth it.

At least the translation makes the dialog a fun read. Appealingly quirky without ridiculous exaggerations, really works with the plausible slow motion train wreck relationship.