Forum › Posts by Apocryphal

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Milf ship let's go! Good lord, that was something. This series constantly pushes buttons I didn't even know I have.

I love how the reveal about Mio's mother happened, especially since I did have an image of her being... you know, for lack of a better word, normal? Then she pulls out the goddamn whip. The gap is chef's kiss marvelous.

In all seriousness, I need the mothers to have their happy ending. Honestly, I'm not sure how to feel about the whole story of them drifting apart for whatever reasons, but I care not, it is now paramount they end up together. The setup is there, there are no obvious obstacles to overcome - milf ship set sail!

Also, I can't wait for the hopefully eventual reveal that all of them are debaucherous. The reactions, and whatever it'll lead up to, just thinking about it... I need this to happen.

I have a love of that trope where it's like "the new generation turns out to just be the same thing as the old generation"

Same. Not sure why, but I have a strange fondness for it. Particularly in scenarios like this.

last edited at Apr 14, 2022 5:11AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This chapter was... like the first chapter of an entirely new manga, lol.

No brothels, no prostitutes, no sex, just pure and wholesome fun with two girls who start living together, go through lots of awkward doki-doki moments, and little by little start having feelings for each other.

And I am honestly more than okay with this; hell, I'm all for it. Loved the chapter. Nanao (wasn't it Nao before? Probably mistranslated and got fixed) is adorable, the gay panic is absolutely golden, and unwitting keeps-rolling-nat-20 Asumi the seductress is hilarious as well. Plus we weren't "robbed" of the lewd, with the lengthy bath scene and tension between the two. Also did I mention gay panic? Nanao is down bad (correct usage?) and I'm loving every second.

Though I wouldn't say Asumi's developing any feelings just yet. She's a friendly and affectionate gal by nature, add to that all the stuff rubbing unto her from prodigious amounts of brothel visits, both literally and as far as mannerisms and habits go, I'd say that she most definitely is unaware of her seductive prowess, or just her power level in general. Girl's practically a living, breathing women melter.

last edited at Apr 10, 2022 4:41PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Every time a batch of chapters drops feels like it's my birthday. First two chapters were a blessing full of fluff (I adore the little wolf candy that Momo made, and maid Aki is chefs kiss, also tails wagging everywhere,) and I'm a big fan of how things are shaping up in the following chapter, though I'm not seeing this turn into anything particularly dramatic. I'm not seeing a whole lot of drama in general, really, as the series has been rather swift about turning those into fluff. Biggest thing that might happen is Momo thinking that things are turning out like with the maid that took advantage of her.

I love how Momo was able to actually piece the puzzle together and read the situation and go all-in for it, especially with the pro-player move of using her authority... that sounds kinda odd, but it actually works really well contextually. She was absolutely correct and I hope she realizes that and doesn't start thinking she's made a big mistake and messed up beyond repair.

I believe the next chapters will delve a bit into Aki's background. It's clear to me that something has happened to her that might have been catastrophic, and may even relate to her lupine traits and the full moon, hence why she says she's come to the Sheep country seeking peace. I'm inclined to believe the mentioned sister has passed, her entire family has, probably. Both Aki and Momo carry some luggage from previous occurrences in their lives, we've learned about some of Momo's, and now it's time for her and the audience to learn about Aki's, once this happens I expect things to realign quickly and smoothly.

Sort of as an aside, based on the map shown on chapter 14 page 13, Sheep country is pretty much not-France, right? The marker parallels Paris' location, I think. Might be related to Aki's background, then, assuming she's come from the not-Germany area?

last edited at Mar 16, 2022 8:52AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I'm a guy and have been a fan of Yuri for many years...

I'm a guy as well, wanted to hop on the "confession" train. Was always afraid of pointed fingers and damning labels, so I've kept being a yuri fan on a low fire for the longest time. I still am afraid, to be honest, since I do admit that --for me-- part of the appeal does come from the "lesbian sex," but it's far from being the primary factor. Amusingly, though, for better or worse, I believe my first exposure to "proper" yuri was the Sakura Trick anime. Or maybe the gateway into yuri would be a better description for that. I remember that "flip of a switch," feeling, "this is a whole new horizon before me" kind of thing.

I saw a comment somewhere around that said something along the lines of "I just like seeing girls being happy with each other," and that kind of struck a chord with me... for better or worse, I guess? Kind of afraid of making the wrong impression here, honestly.

On the subject of this manga, I'm a big fan of meta-humor and especially the usage of art-style shifts as emphasis, and I'm a big fan, in general, of how things are shaping up, so yeah, I'm a big fan. Looking forward to seeing where things go.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...graduate from client to prostitute... Looking forward to it.

He speaks the language of the gods.

Honestly I like the way Itsuki Kuro draws breasts a lot more than Homura Subaru. This series consistently has what I’d consider to be some of the best anatomy and sex scenes in any nsfw comic I’ve ever seen.

100% in agreement.

In any case, this side-chapter is some good shit. That's another one to the inevitable harem, yes?

last edited at Feb 18, 2022 6:41PM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

My greatest issue with the way the plot panned out is not the lack of a threeway ending, although that was my preferred route, but the way it was handled and how practically every other potential thread of a plotline was dropped for the sake of the current ending, and how there were so many loose ends that were plainly unsatisfactory either due to their halfhearted resolution or to the complete absence of one. Most glaringly is Rinna, they didn't even show her whole face on the final page, where the fuck did that come from?

I'm very much inclined to believe that this is the work of an axe, a chainsaw, even, a chainsaw firing machine gun, even, and operating under this assumption I can somewhat let things slide, but the series should have, could have, and very much needed to have gone on for longer, there are no two ways about that. There was a lot to develop, explore, and dive into, most importantly to me would've been potential developments in the dynamic between Rinna and Sayo, which was well over the stage of a mere idea already.

Now, having blown some steam and despite the above negativity, I can definitely say that ending and resolution aside, this has been a wonderful read. Very wholesome and heartwarming, with very endearing characters and great dynamics among and between them, and terrific art style. I enjoyed it a lot for the substantially greater part of its runtime, and this cannot be taken away despite the bitter taste left in the end.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

At this point, I'm very much inclined to believe, if not outright convinced, that the answer to the end-game question is "yes."
I'm also inclined to believe, and honestly very much hoping, that the maid job goes completely off the rails and ends with the two going to town, and I'm all for it. Nao is very interested in Asumi and very clearly parched, very adorably so might I add, and Asumi... is pretty much a neverending fountain, really.

On a bit more of a serious note, it does almost feel like the whole original premise was put aside at the moment, and I'm saying almost because it's only been 10 chapters and whatnot, but I legitimately do not mind those 'side stories' and digressions. On the contrary, I wholeheartedly approve, since every character newly introduced and reintroduced was top-tier and every scenario presented absolutely golden, so long as the series keeps up this quality of presentation and execution, and so long as Mai doesn't actually get completely forgotten/sidelined, I'm all up for this wild ride.

last edited at Feb 4, 2022 7:57PM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Any romantic connection between Sayo and Rinna was very weakly set up in a panel or two and quickly dropped...

I think that's the biggest problem, it was simply dropped. The arrow and the (accidental yet very real) kiss could have and, in my opinion, should have led to the two of them getting closer to one another on a basis that is more than just Mei's existence (and I believe there were more opportunities for that,) but it was dropped like it was nothing; the potential was there, the narrative opening into the possibility was there. I wouldn't necessarily tie that to the teacher's romantic dynamic, but hot-damn does the timing and p(l)acing seem intentional. Maybe the author was testing the waters of whatever sea they'd like to navigate the ship through, or something like that.

On another note, I've spent a good chunk of my day catching up on Watanare's manga adaptation, which is another work by Teren Mikami, and honestly, I can't say I'm the biggest fan of theirs, or rather, the way their stories are constructed. Like honestly, the fluff both in this series and in Watanare is absolutely fantastic as are the character dynamics. Not gonna go to into too long a tangent, but I feel that there's a lot of forced contrivances and forced shoddy in-universe logic and some simply interesting to "why is that even needed" type of decisions in plotline/character developments, and those appear very glaringly in both mentioned series.

last edited at Jan 14, 2022 6:03PM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

This turn of events feels somewhat sour. I'm happy for Sayo, obviously, but I definitely thought the story's gonna go big and not home. To me, it felt like there was a lot of focus specifically on the threeway route, and it was more than just the thing with the teachers, which in itself was really more part of Mei exploring and witnessing the various ways in which love and relationships can take form than it was foreshadowing. That said, I could definitely see Sayo and Mei's kiss being the so-called nail in the polyamorial coffin. Or I don't know, maybe I gotta reread the series again, which there's no reason not to since I think it was pretty good regardless.

I will also say that the turn of events coming now seems like a sprint toward the finish line and feels like a very sudden and sharp turn too, the pace of the last few chapters felt kind of rushed as well. Both of which suck on their own since there was a lot to explore and continue with in the series that would just go nowhere. And honestly, I just enjoyed the fluff, really.

Rinna also got the very short end of the stick which sucks pretty bad. I definitely don't think her relationship with Mei was explored and delved into the same way as Sayo's was. And in all honesty, I mean, really, both Sayo and Rinna are absolute sweethearts, there was no reason not to go for the whole pot there.

In any case, there's still one more chapter, if the above reports are true, so there may be some hope for a bunny out of the hat. Go big or go home, goddamnit. At least give Rinna an appropriate happy end, man, she doesn't deserve to be done this dirty.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Oh baybee, yes! Recent developments on Chiaki's side have been terrific, but this was just chef's kiss marvelous, and I'm dying to know where this leads. I am a bit worried that the fast pace might mean the end is near, though.

last edited at Jan 5, 2022 2:13PM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

There's so much wrong with all of this that I wouldn't know where to begin...

I mean, in a vacuum and out of context, sure, but I'd say that at this point, especially with this chapter's... uh... events, it's already well established that not only she willingly doesn't resist (or has ever actually resisted, really), she's also getting more and more into it/fond of it, both the act(s) and the idea of it.

All that to say - yeahehe, buddy, shit's pretty damn hot.

In any case, I'm interested in seeing where things go now that things actually developed. I'm in the go big or go home camp.

Unrelated meta-question - do quotes count as mentions? Is it actually possible to directly mention or @ someone in this forum?

last edited at Nov 17, 2021 8:06AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I know there's far more far more important things going on in this chapter, but nothing quite stings like that "That family loves you, huh?"...

That and the few parts that paralleled the two families' dynamics. Felt like a twist of the knife, in a way. I believe and hope this is a future plot point to unravel, and I'm kind of anxious/excited for it.

In any case, one thing I particularly like about the chapter is the dream being a reveal of Shion's true motives and feelings and how it was used. I mean, from a meta-perspective, it was pretty much obvious, but as a reveal in and of itself, I felt it was very appropriate and very nicely executed - short, clear, and concise.

I feel that in this story it's absolutely reasonable and relatable that Shion hasn't confessed, as well as her actions and behavior up to this point. If nothing else, for me, I can feel the pain she's feeling, and I can both understand and forgive her actions up to now. Now it's a matter of how things unfurl from here, especially with Toribami showing seeds of jealousy/doubt.

last edited at Nov 3, 2021 8:37AM

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Jesus fucking christ, this is making me really goddamn anxious. Doesn't even matter how obvious the story's direction may seem to be, it just pushes the right buttons really fucking well. Especially right now.

Goddamnit... I've lost a close friend to suicide just the other day... not the best place to share, sorry.. but yeah, so this whole thing hurts so much more. I don't want to be reading anything this tense, but at the same time, I'm here with some hope of brighter horizons. It may be naive, foolish, or unreasonable, but I'll still hold out hope for some sort of a happy ending. Be it the assiest of ass-pulls, I don't mind.

last edited at Oct 7, 2021 9:21PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

... but any situation that forces one person to bear the responsibility or negatives in a situation like Mimi’s is one I can never go along with...

I'm with you. Mimi is supposedly immortal (I wouldn't even say that she is per se), but not a soulless automaton or a tool of war, yet very much treated that way. It's incredibly upsetting to think about, honestly, even imagining a bit of her life before meeting Shiina -- could anyone even say she was actually alive and living? I wouldn't.

On a more practical level, too. So long as there is something to fuel the raging conflict, it'd never see its end. Mimi, in her state of being, is stuck in this dumb loop of carnage and undeath for which she has no ties or responsibility and over which she has no control or say, and even more upsettingly, for the whole deal to end, Mimi's existence would have to as well, or maybe deus-ex'd into proper mortality and living happily ever after which for the love of all that is fucking holy, man, I'd love this route to be taken; I am not ready for the alternative, I never was ready.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

...This girl is like 20cm above the top of the range of what is considered normal for her age. That's not an early bloomer, that's gigantism.

Which folks gotta remember is the center, the hook of the entire series. The whole thing is aware of and messes with the ridiculousness of its content - the main character has her fated encounter with a silky-smooth temptress and, for lack of a better word, the rather "mundane" romance shenanigans that ensue juxtaposed with the fact that said temptress is a literal ten or eleven-year-old. The whole thing within itself gets a kick out of the "I'm going to jail!" jokes and the imminent punchline is constantly looming over the horizon - "ah yes, a fifth-grader, obviously."

There isn't much of a reason to put, really, any weight into what's shown, no reason to try and connect it to reality; it's just an exaggerated story for laughs. This one is definitely more of a hit or miss than most, and in my opinion, it's okay if it's one and it's okay if it's the other.

last edited at Sep 8, 2021 9:01PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Dude, I love those "meaningful looks", like another comment perfectly describes, I can't get enough of them; always give me the butterflies. In Usui Shio's works, in particular, there's something about how they (she?) do those looks - a passion, a fire that sets me alight as well.

Apocryphal
Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Could you fucking not, please? I'd most appreciate if you fucking didn't. Screw all the signs till now, I'm hoping for a happy ending.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Holy crap this is adorable. Top-tier pure saccharine cuteness. Absolutely blessed. Also Juju MVP; she knew, she knew from the get-go.

last edited at May 13, 2021 11:41AM