Forum › Posts by KawaiiSuika

joined Oct 27, 2018

This manga is new to me. I enjoy the concept of the girl who wants to be a magical girl turning out to be an evil magical girl, hell if anyone knows about another manga like that I'll be happy for the recommendation. Unfortunately, I'm not into the sexual assault angle of this particular manga.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

The two leads are almost starting to seem like weird robots to me, with no actual human desires of their own, they are just robots who where programmed to stay near each other, and that's it that's their entire personality. Although I am aiming this more towards Sakurako, Kasumi has it too but to a lesser extent, at least she has the laziness thing going on, while Sakurako is nothing more than her servant android who does whatever Kasumi wants and has no actual desires of her own. The side characters are consistently more interesting than the leads, even ones that barely appear like Sakurako's older sister.

joined Oct 27, 2018

i do find it funny that she has such low strength and endurance, yet has infinite attack and defense.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

The angst tag on a sports manga made me nervous, but it was actually really sweet, and nobody suffered a life destroying injury this time either.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Can Shimamura get any more oblivious? Adachi is practically drooling all over her and she still hasn't figured it out? How? It literally makes no sense.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm trying to be better about pigeonholing other people's interpretations, but I do think the series seems to be doing it's best to reasonably reflect young people struggling with nuanced questions of identity, so It makes me a little sad to see so many people on here being harsh on it for whatever reason.

Personally. I appreciate what this manga is trying to do, I really do, and I enjoy Hime's new butch look, that said, I'd be lying if I said the writing wasn't seriously flawed. Even looking back at previous chapters, knowing what they where leading up to, Im still confused. Like the chapter where Hime talks to her parents, should be one of those chapters that you look back on and go "of course", but I just looked back on it, and I'm still confused what that chapter is trying to say. I'm, not even sure what it is, but there is something about the way this manga is told that I have difficulty following.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Whatever it is we can be sure the manga will repeatedly hammer it in the coming chapters, no need to worry.

And ppl still won't understand it. That is the fundamental problem with the storytelling in this manga, it goes on and on and yet still can't seem to effectively communicate any thing its trying to say to the audience.

KawaiiSuika
Mousou Envy discussion 15 Aug 03:33
joined Oct 27, 2018

Wow, I just happened upon these comments forever after the manga was posted, and wow, im seriously disgusted, I had no idea these forums where a hive of rape apologia.

KawaiiSuika
Still Sick discussion 15 Aug 00:26
joined Oct 27, 2018

on 19 shimizu says "her" but as far as i remember she didn't specify the sex?
So i guess that's either a typo or the translator implied that the guy didn't hear it? I thought he did.

Japanese has gender-neutral pronouns, English doesn't.

English has they/ them pronouns, which they actually use throughout the conversation, which is why the random "her" is so confusing.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I'm getting bored of this manga.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Yeah, I think we're done here.

So, bottom line, they’re going to have a sleepover and get cuddly, and they might have sex and they might not.

Stunning critical insight, I must say.

That isnt what BugDevil was originally saying, if they had I would have agreed. Whatever though, this conversations over I guess.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Not sure if BugDevil is trolling or just legitimately confused.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Yamada and Kase-san has set the bar pretty high for cute, wholesome, lovey-dovey sexy sex, so I’ll be interested to see how Nakatani handles the intimacy issue.

And I agree, physical desire has been a significant aspect of Touko’s character from the start, and Yuu has been fairly on-board with it herself, within the quirky parameters of their (previous) relationship.

I must admit I wouldn’t mind seeing one of those by-now conventional Internet-search “How do two girls have se—OMFG!!!!” scenes, with Rei as backup.

OMG, I totally want a scene where Yuu asks Rei about sex, but tries to play it off as casual conversation like she did with the confession.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Um, did you even read the last two chapters?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bloom_into_you_ch43#4
That is literally the furthest Yuu imagined anything.

Yeah, imagining touching someone with her shirt open and her bra showing is pure enough. It would be degenerate if Touko had been fully naked.

Now actually proof to me that she was thinking of something lewd there. All she did is touch her throat (whatever that is about). She was imaginig something further than kissing there. Not exactly "Oh I wanna do this now".

Y'all are silly.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

Yuu's actually still pure. The worst she could imagine is sleeping in the same bed.
And Touko also didn't reveal her true thirst yet. Maybe the readers are projecting just a little. Of course nobody knows what will happen once they are alone in an empty appartment. All alone~

Um, did you even read the last two chapters?

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

So, which translation is more accurate?

• "I want to sleep over with you" (Kusoshop)
  • "I want to stay over at your house" (4s)

Because the implications are not the same. First case, she just want a sleepover, second case, she invites herself in someone else house.

I kinda find the 4s translation weaker this time. "Please do your best" vs "Break a leg!"... Meh... I can't imagine Yuu saying "Break a leg!"

I don't have the original to compare.

Yuu literally only says she wants to stay over. That's it. There's no "with you" "at your house" "sleep" or whatever. The verb used has no connotations besides "spending the night outside your house". Make of that what you will.

Well, considering context. I think it's pretty clear what Yuu actually wants. So I think either translation is fine.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

That said, given Haruko is gay, at least, and Natsuko probably is at least bi, they should have made far more progress.

I mean the manga refused to even commit to this, with it always being stated that Haruko is just jealous of large boobs, despite the fact that, that isnt generally how jealous ppl act.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Loved when her mom noticed the hickey.

joined Oct 27, 2018

transgender, genderbender, yuri
Hmm. Really?

Isnt it great? I wish this was like a full series and not just a little web comic.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Hey the sword will only turn you into a girl if you truly desire it, so if it did work on y'all, well then, I have some news.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I love how supportive girlfriend-san is. The best girlfriend a transgender lesbian hero could ask for.

KawaiiSuika
joined Oct 27, 2018

I know it's been a while since that topic came up, but, if anyone is curious, a great example on this site of a manga that seems to conflate being trans with crossdressing is Sazanami Cherry, two of the characters read VERY heavily as trans women to me, it's even made clear that they intend to live as women for the rest of their lives, yet the manga still refers to them as men.

joined Oct 27, 2018

I love Tetsu, hes such a good guy. This series overall is just sooo good. So many feels in this chapter that put a smile on my face, and seeing Mogumo happy at the end just warmed my heart.

Tetsu's realization that he's been a bad ally and his efforts to do better, make me happy, I dont think I've seen that in anything before.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Aww wish Mogumo explained what being agender is but take time they barely know gay and binary trans. Though why translate as he when Mogumo would likely use they

To be fair, this is something that is only an issue in translation, though it shows up in that they aren't sure whether to say "Mogumo-kun" (masculine) or "Mogumo-chan" (feminine). Pronouns are not exactly gendered in Japanese, and are rarely used anyways. You might refer to someone as "kare" (which is literally almost like guy/dude/bro but can be used as he/him in reference to a person) or "kanojo" (fem version) in some contexts, but you can always substitute their name naturally where English leans heavy on pronouns.

I don't particularly like translating (so I don't do it as a hobby) but in cases like this there is a lot of context, and some of the nuance is not always exactly the same between English and Japanese.

Yeah, I know it was a translation decision, I just think it was a bad one. It actually violates the canon of the story, we have seen how Mogumo reacts to being called boy, Mogumo would not like their boyfriend to use those pronouns.

joined Oct 27, 2018

Aww wish Mogumo explained what being agender is but take time they barely know gay and binary trans. Though why translate as he when Mogumo would likely use they

Yeah, they managed to avoid problems for mogumo up to now. Why did they suddenly start using he/ him pronouns for mogumo.