Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

No problem, glad to know I was freaking out over nothing (no sarcasm intended).

last edited at Sep 13, 2014 11:44PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Your Fault discussion 13 Sep 01:03
joined Mar 20, 2013

Changed from Cheating to fresh-off-the-presses Netorare.

B- but this isn't NTR at all!

YP mentions NTR in their release post, Exhentai tags it NTR, many comments in some way mention the story containing NTR elements. We do not aim to categorize every bit of content perfectly - we aim to reasonably capture the content of a story so that it may be noticed or avoided by persons interested. If that means stretching a tag definition ever-so-slightly or catering tag usage to what the majority of readers feel fits, then so be it.

I've made at least 10 times more business-like posts than I'd like to today. I'll see you all in the next thread when we use Netorare, because I'm sure it'll be another controversial tag use.

last edited at Sep 13, 2014 1:07AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Happy End discussion 13 Sep 00:49
joined Mar 20, 2013

Have not read this chapter yet but spoileriffic tag much?

Not much more than tragedy, is it?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Tagging yuri because I felt it fit (and it was requested). I know nothing about this series beyond chapter 6, but maybe with future chapters coming up I'll have something more substantial to say on the topic.

For transsexual tagged stories I typically think it's best to leave the romance aspect untagged - lest everyone discuss nonsense instead of focusing on the story - like Sazanami Cherry, but we're extremely inconsistent on this note, and it feels a bit unfair to have only a Het tag on the whole series with no mention of the yuri aspects. (So, yeah.)

last edited at Sep 13, 2014 1:04PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Why was this even uploaded? Someone got a thing for Watashiya Kaworu or something?

Yes. I WENT THERE.

Edit: Really ought to save everyone the trouble and just add the Het tag too.

last edited at Dec 5, 2020 2:52PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is a great comic but it should be noted that
No one asked the artist (Kuma) if this, or any other one of Kuma's art that is on this site if it could be put here.

I'd love to know where you got your information. I asked Kuma back in June if she would be okay with this and she said it was "[her] pleasure" for her to work to be shared with others (Note: This comic was uploaded under another artist's name by accident long before I even knew who Kuma was). I'd gladly screencap it for you if that didn't feel like a somewhat icky thing to do.

If she for some reason feels that we undercut her or went beyond what I said we would, then I would certainly be happy to get back in touch with her. I would feel especially sorry about it since she's ESL and I know communication is difficult enough even with a full vocabulary.

(Of course, I can't worry about it a whole lot right now, since I've no idea why you would say such a thing.)

last edited at Sep 12, 2014 9:00AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I was thinking a prequel and a sequel tag would be good to have. These tags can be included for one-shots that has two parts. I was reading this manga http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/even by Miman and there was no next chapter but there was a sequel which is this one: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/step_in

It's a heck of a band-aid, but I'll do this and proper tagging for it over the weekend.

Also, I think a search function on the forums would be kinda cool (but not really a necessity). So you don't have to find the manga/doujin you commented on to check if someone replied to you, you just have to search on the search bar, eliminating the need for finding the manga>then clickin on the discussion button.

I do believe this has been accepted as a suggestion in the past, though it's yet to be implemented.

There are stills bits that I'm missing (the rest of Game and Love Flicker most prominently), but looking through the Jin I've got

Wow! Awesome.

Adorable to Me (Love Flicker), Worrying (Sayuri-hime 5), Sweet Temptation (Perfume of Love) and Sweet Desire (Perfume of Love) form something of a four-part series—though I couldn't figure out what to call it.

They just had to be in different anthologies, huh?
I'm not sure of this one. Crossing-over characters aside, each of the two main stories are fairly self-contained, and with the way the anthology pages are set up, getting to the second part of each isn't troublesome in the slightest.

Though given that you did go to the trouble of looking through everything, I'd fall back on your judgement here. If you would like them in a series I can come up with a name - would the order you posted them in be most appropriate?

Love*Aroma, Love*Preparation and Love*Aroma 2 (all from Perfume of Love) get continued in Steps with Step Up, Step Forward, Leave Hickey? and Step by Step, Steps extras. I'd tentatively call this Love*Steps, since I can't find an official name for it. Of course, this won't really matter much until we get around to releasing Steps, after KiLa KiLa.

I like that name and am happy to make an unofficial page for it when we get there.

There's also going series spanning KiLa KiLa and Steps, and I believe Game as well, which Jin herself has helpfully referred to as the My Beloved series. I wouldn't bring it up now at all, except the chapter we're working on right now is the first in that series, so I thought I'd at least get the ball rolling and see how you wanted to handle that.

I'll figure it out as we go, handy to have a name ready for it. I think I'd like to go the unofficial series page route and we'll use a cover page that isn't already taken to keep it from getting too confusing. Sound good (this can apply to the previous two as well)?

KiLa KiLa (the chapter) also has a direct sequel, Rin Rin—but there are three unrelated chapters between them in the tank, so if you were thinking of implementing some sort of sequel button, that might be a place.

This is what the tags will be for, for the time-being, thanks.

Hello, is there a way to search within your own list? Or filter your list by tag/author/etc... ? If this hasn't been suggested already, I'd like to suggest it.

No, but it has been suggested. Best alternative for now is using ctrl+f.

last edited at Sep 11, 2014 5:41PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 11 Sep 12:27
joined Mar 20, 2013
Tumblr_n9fz2gioex1shl41eo1_1280

"A friend in plurk said: Little ruby said to weiss ,don’t leave me.When she grow up she might say,I’ll never let you go.

Grow up to be a bossy person,ruby.(Like her girlfriend."

From the source.

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 11 Sep 12:21
joined Mar 20, 2013
41383486_big_p19

Can't...breathe...too...cute...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I originally uploaded the work to Danbooru and soft-translated it there as I uploaded it...I had thought that would be it for the translation, but now that it's here I feel a certain degree of responsibility for this version. So if possible, the translations could indeed be much better improved...If what you say is true though, and Dynasty Scans could be an outlet for C > E translations, then I can upload some myself in the future perhaps.

I understand where you're coming from. If you do choose to iron out the details of this translation, or eventually work on more translations in the future - with someone else or by yourself - we'd be happy to take them. Typically the quickest way to get something up is to submit an upload request. Alternatively, if you have any questions, need some assistance or want to get in touch for some other reason, you can always e-mail me, and I'd be happy to help however I can.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Then how many requests are there to have this tagged Marriage?

Three.

OrangePekoe Admin
Mira discussion 10 Sep 23:42
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks, added.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

That honestly makes no sense. The whole point to tags, especially once the series has scrolled from the first page of Recent Changes, is to find stuff you're looking for. So if you're looking for manga with marriages in them, you're not going to find this one which reduces the usefulness, doesn't it?

I agree, what's the point of tags if they're going to skip over content which actually contain the tag?
Considering what kind of content this site has the most and who reads it... I would even go so far as to say that you have a duty to put that tag on.

For the record, I was answering a question; not endorsing the response.

I'm in no position to disagree with either of you, and I can certainly sympathize with the points made. However, when the first request was made, at least two uploaders and one staff member agreed that spoilers took priority over relevance.

Not much else for me to say.

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 10 Sep 21:01
joined Mar 20, 2013

This is actually Tomoko x Akane

Sorry, but the artist's tags on Pixiv clearly say Akaze Akari* and Chinatsu Yoshikawa*

last edited at Sep 10, 2014 9:03PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

So... "now" was back in June. September is here, and still no more Scrollery. What's going on here?

ittookmesometimetomakeatvtropsaccountandthenittookawhiletogetaresponseandthentherewereserverproblemsandweeren'tallowedtouploadanynotyuriandthenIhadsomestuffbackeduptodoandthenIwentonvacationandthenIhadcompletelyforgottenandnowheereweare.FromnowonIshoulddefinitelyputeverythingintheto-dolistsomaybethiswon'thappenagain(butitprobablywill)

Quote for full explanation. Mostly I'm just really forgetful, but thanks for the reminder. All of it is up now.

last edited at Sep 10, 2014 7:50PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 09 Sep 22:53
joined Mar 20, 2013

That intent stare and nosebleed...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I've suggested that the final chapter should have the marriage tag a couple of times, but they were both rejected. I can't understand why though. They get married for pete's sake. You see them standing outside of a church wearing wedding dresses talking about how they just got married. What else do you need to qualify for that tag?

I'm rejecting the Marriage tag because spoilers. It's better used for oneshots/doujinshi, not concluding chapters of a series.

(So said Troid a few posts above yours)

last edited at Sep 9, 2014 8:22PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

so I went to a completely different internet network, logged onto a completely different computer, used Internet Explorer 11.0.11 and it still blew up the images to huge sizes. so I think there is an incompatibility between you guys and IE 11. i hope the dynasty people can figure something out. in the mean time i will be using firefox (even though i hate it)

*edit: I am not mad, impatient, or anything I just want to maximize my yuri experience XD

Yeah, I was aiming to test that when I originally asked, but you're just too fast~
Seems like a pretty simple bug, though we have a similar - much less persistent - hitch with Firefox that also needs fixing. I've added it to the bug list, at the very least.
Sorry and thank you!

What do you think of somehow tagging guest artists that do a page or two in a doujin?
Tagging them as Artist for the work would be wrong, but it would be nice to know where they have some art.

It would probably be more trouble than it's worth, but some separate system for guest art and the like would be kind of nice.

OrangePekoe Admin
Happy End discussion 08 Sep 10:47
joined Mar 20, 2013

Makes you wonder if maybe the artist hasn't really read any yuri released since the 70's.

Ah well. I really like Chako, that's about all there is to it. If you finish chapter 8 in a rage-induced state, at least give the Omake a chance.

Will happily take tag suggestions to capture the utter disappointment that chapter 8 leaves us with. Somehow making a tag Sad end didn't seem very accurate.

last edited at Sep 8, 2014 10:48AM

OrangePekoe Admin
OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Delicious fuwa-fuwa kissing time. Do want more...

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Thanks. Unfortunately omnscient0 is the one who will be of real use here, and he hasn't been around a whole lot lately.

That said, last question, what browser are you using? Does changing browsers change the problem at all (if you've tried)?

last edited at Sep 6, 2014 11:06PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

You can take screenshot and upload it to photobucket, imgur or whatever image hosting site you prefer...or take a screenshot with puush. Then post the link/pic here.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^Well, it's a FAQ of sorts. The idea of them being together is that before anyone asks for blank, they read the FAQ and see if it's been covered already. I do think there's some merit in them being separated, and maybe that's something that will come into play for the next thread. This one's getting pretty unwieldy as-is....

and I am the only one that has been having new releases load up in ridiculously large formats? like "Stretch" will load up in regular dimensions, about 800 pixels wide, but then I go to chapter 13 of "Yurika's Campus Life" or the new release of chapter 7 of "Honey Quartet" and they load up in insane sizes, 1200+ pixels across. its really cumbersome to read like this. ("Sweet Melancholy" is another one I am having problems with)

is this a problem with my computer? I would think if it was a problem with my computer it would be the same for all manga, meaning that stretch would also be blown up to 1200 pixels across, but its not.....

Any chance for a screenshot of this?

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Don't know if its related to the slowdown we're experiencing, but I noticed when pinging dynasty-scans.com that one (the second) of the pings fails (request time out). If I ping the IP address 2 out of the 4 fail. A tracert on dynasty-scans.com suggests areas with problems in the route may be: 80.231.152.66 , if-1-2.tcore1.nyy-new-york.as6453.net , and 107.12.17.250 . Anyone else able to confirm these results?

Sorry for the late response. Are things any better now? I've had no issues - I can say with certainty the site has been running faster for me in the last few weeks - and both pinging the site and its IP gave positive results nine times out of ten.

my original question bordered on rediculous, so lemme be specific. it'd be nice if "this" FAQ were more boilerplate and not mixed up with user request. for example, it might be nice if it were on the main menu or as a sub menu item in the user dropdown.

The FAQ, as in the first post?

I was thinking a prequel and a sequel tag would be good to have. These tags can be included for one-shots that has two parts.

Thinking about it.

last edited at Sep 11, 2014 2:36PM