Forum › Posts by Nevri

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

celeste posted:

Goggled Anon posted:

You think that title's weird, just wait until the other Nana Yuri doujin titled Let's Die Together

It has some asphyxiation play.

Asphyxiation uh? Mmm... Yeah, not looking forward to that xD that's very off-putting to be honest, at least for me :S

Nothing to worry about. They just wanted to see how dying at the hands of your lover feels like ;3 Totally innocent ♥

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LumberingCrane posted:

Oh yeah, sorry that I forgot to mention the thing that would probably be a huge deciding factor for a lot of people. It's kinetic. I am gonna say though as someone who prefers the presence of choices, the lack of them here helps make the story feel more focused; it's still understandable though if it being kinetic will make some people dismiss it.

I used to dislike them but after reading one that was really good, I started to appreciate them more as they are sort of mix between book and anime (I know it is kinda the point of VN), but without interactive part it is much less demanding on "player" so reading them once in a while isn't a bad thing. What I'm more concerned about is lack of actual yuri as from what I understood it has strong subtext at best. I guess it is worth considering if the story itself is at least good.

last edited at Oct 1, 2016 12:12PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Is it kinetic novel by chance?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

blopa posted:

I wonder where that "running water" weakness came from... I only see it in Japanese media, while western depiction only mention holy water at most.

I'm pretty sure there was western stuff that mentioned not being able to cross rivers as well. Don't remember where right now though, but I did hear about this weakness from western sources. Actually I think it is the first time I heard it mentioned in japanese tale of vampires.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

muteKi posted:

I love that every story by this author has at least one line that's incredibly messed-up sounding despite an otherwise seemingly innocent or sweet tone (in this case the line about literally sharing a body).

YES

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nah np xD I used to read/watch anything but since some time I also started to prefer only all female cast series or at least ones that have female mc and preferable if there are any males there is not too much of them and/or they are not that important. So yea, I become really picky as well so I can totally understand you ;3

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Rye posted:

And it clearly is just for variety of characters and there are all kind of cliches.

And stupid names, don't forget about those.

Whaaa? You mean naming a childhood friend, Childhood Friend in japanese isn't cleaver?

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That is a lot of girls.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Goggled Anon posted:

You think that title's weird, just wait until the other Nana Yuri doujin titled Let's Die Together

It has some asphyxiation play.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

You guys think exchanging panties was weird? I was totally weirded out by Hinoko wanting to be born in the same body as Kaharu just so they will always be together ^ ^"

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

drpepperfan posted:

I very much appreciate the release, but yeah, you could do with a proofreader. Might be worth asking in the recruitment thread if anyones interested.

We technically do a proofreading but since neither of us is native... ^ ^"

last edited at Sep 30, 2016 6:26PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Faust posted:

I don't want to be that person either but
https://snag.gy/IewCMD.jpg
Don't let it rub you the wrong way Nevri, thanks for the release ^^

I knew it should be "to too" but it just sounded so bad ^ ^" If you want you can check future releases xP

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I hope it is good enough:

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

In that case I give mods the power to use magic (to add that "the").

EDIT/ Thanks

last edited at Sep 30, 2016 5:51PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

blargh201 posted:

And, I'm sorry for being that person, but the title is missing a definite article: The Inside of the Person I Love.

Actually I had problem deciding if I should add it or not. I thought it didn't flow well and wasn't necessary, but as not native speaker I had no way to be sure.

Nevri Uploader
Mono-Eye discussion 30 Sep 12:13
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Goggled Anon posted:

It would be nice to add a "females only" tag.

Pretty sure that's not neccessary since we already have other tags for Het, Futanari and Yaoi. Sadpanda only has it since their Yuri tag specifically refers to lesbian sex.

It is unnecessary cos we have it. It is called 404: Men Not Found. I appreciate the joke, but I said in discussion of tag that first and foremost they should make looking for stuff easier so we should just name it "females only" cos it is best description for it and clarity should be main priority, but I was told it sounds more like hentai site tag this way and my proposition was rejected (I'm saying from memory). I think there was some confusion as when it should be used as well, since as you mentioned hentai sites label anything that have 2 girls having sex as yuri, regardless if they do it in middle of being raped by group of males.

Nevri Uploader
Mono-Eye discussion 30 Sep 10:47
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I was considering doing it too xD

It was pretty good. That ending got really dark really fast though.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Purple Library Guy posted:

Akira_YL posted:

please why the sun thing always has to turn vampires to ash? Why cant they just have frail skin and deficiencies and get like cancer or heavy burns if they stay too long, which they could cut out or heal after some time anyway since theyre immortal.

Wouldn't it be just easier to be unaffected by sun then? Like the classic vampires?

What's a classic vampire? Vampires have only a tenuous claim to origin in folk beliefs or whatnot. They're mostly a fiction thing. Serious popularization (although not origin, even fictional origin) pretty much starts from Stoker, so his rules would count as "classic" as much as any. And his vampires don't like the sun much.

That is what I meant. The first depiction of vampires. And no. Stoker's Dracula didn't like sun and was weaker during daylight but wasn't turned to ash by it. He had no problem walking outside during day. Only later sunlight actually become deadly for vampires and it stuck. Originally it didn't kill them.

last edited at Sep 29, 2016 7:05PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Akira_YL posted:

please why the sun thing always has to turn vampires to ash? Why cant they just have frail skin and deficiencies and get like cancer or heavy burns if they stay too long, which they could cut out or heal after some time anyway since theyre immortal.

Wouldn't it be just easier to be unaffected by sun then? Like the classic vampires?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Wow. It still keeps the freshness and is funny to boot. Moar!

N30S posted:

Those twintails in ch.3... way too adorable.

Totally agree ♥

Btw, does that count as age gap?

Technically yes, but I guess in this case it is more based on their appearance and how mature they are? I mean it doesn't really give you the usual age gap feeling so tagging it like that could be really misleading.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Sweet ♥

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

majere posted:

About aromantic thing. I'm not fan of labels myself. To me, especially in young age, calling yourself aromantic or asexual etc. is just drawing a hard line and limiting yourself. Sure you can really feel that way, but especially as teen you can't really be sure cos your experience is really limited. And I know it annoys people, but "you just didn't meet the right person yet" is a valid argument.

You realize that's pretty much the exact same thing straight people have been saying to queer kids since forever right?

I meant it specifically in case of aromantic and asexual for reasons I stated.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

flips posted:

It saddens me that female senpai isn't available yet though. :( (maybe she is, this is the first Yandere Sim video I've watched in a while). With the gender-specific dialogue and stuff, it seems like she's not gonna be here for a while. :(

I am not aware of this. Has it been said that senpai can be a girl? like, officially?

Yes. It was confirmed by creator that there will be female version of senpai. He just didn't get to it yet since he is doing everything else and he is just 1 guy. It is still in QA since it was one of more frequently asked questions.

Q: Is there character customization? Do I have a selection of boys to stalk? Can I have a female "Senpai" instead of a male "Senpai"?
A: The player will be able to decide their Senpai's gender at the beginning of the game. I would also like to allow the player to customize the appearance of Senpai, as well as the appearance of the protagonist.

Minutoh posted:

Yandere Simulator Rivals
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa7ovZGvY6o
bunch of characters.

Soooo, it looks like it's going the incest route with the little sister character (unless she's not actually the little sister, I guess). This kind of turns me off from wanting to get the game

Idk why it turns out off. It isn't like you (Yandere) are dating her. And it clearly is just for variety of characters and there are all kind of cliches. Also from footage it clearly seems like it is more like one sided love/admiration so I doubt it is even a proper romance. She probably will just tick off Yandere cos she is too close to Senpai.

last edited at Sep 29, 2016 6:32AM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

That was really good. Loved it all the way through.

infinest posted:

Is it just me or did Selene turn male in the lower left panel here? At least that's what the text states
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_princess_and_the_slave#14

Seems to be simple mistake. I'm surprised it isn't fixed yet.

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 7:20PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Nidienne posted:

It was a little creepy. If she were trying to enamor Nozomi with cuteness, Maya could have greeted her in some way or at least struck a pose as Nozomoi answered the door. Instead she was just standing there.. staring.

Well it was a natural conclusion of "Nozomi likes stuffed animals" taken to extreme. I agree it overall fit with the story and made sense in context, but I just can't help my inner cringe when character does something cheesy so I feel embarrassed for them.

last edited at Sep 28, 2016 6:17PM