Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 27 Nov 22:43
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

At the hot springs! (so says the artist)

OrangePekoe Admin
Citrus discussion 27 Nov 19:52
joined Mar 20, 2013

... I'm worried that drawing in that type of audience would lead to mostly yuri anime that would interest an audience of only that type.

Rather than ushering in an era of generic Citrus clones, I think we'd probably just see more "yuri for girls" types. Unless you're counting Sabagebu - which I wouldn't begrudge you for based on its source - the last attempt at that demographic on TV dates back to the 90's and is probably named Sailor Moon (honestly that's just a guess, but I'm feeling too confident to fact-check). There is plenty of good yuri that falls in this category already on the reader.

On the subject, if I were actually wishing something were to be animated, it'd probably be Notes from the Garden of Lilies or Miss Sunflower. Either would slay me.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:53PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Citrus discussion 27 Nov 19:03
joined Mar 20, 2013

wow! almost 65k views. do you guys think we're gonna see a citrus anime next year/2016???

As much as we need more yuri to be animated, please God not Citrus. The only thing saving this manga is its art, making it an anime would kinda make that moot, and therefore suck.

Citrus anime now please!!!!!!!

As a yuri fan you should be entirely for this idea. Trashy marketable yuri becoming an anime? Good for the industry! More interest in yuri!
Trashy marketable yuri anime appeals to trashy mainstream audience? Good for the industry! New yuri fans!
Trashy marketable yuri anime sells to said mainstream audience? Good for the industry! An actual yuri show sells, meaning more yuri anime!

Yuri begets yuri. Meaning a new yuri anime, especially one that may do well, is always a good thing if you want more yuri.

Bow down and let Citrus save the industry!!!!!!!

(Ahem. I'm only being moderately facetious.)

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 7:04PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 27 Nov 18:45
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't believe that just happened. It's just a translation error right?

Too bad, it's nowhere near April Fools' and I can read Japanese, and so can tell you there's nothing wrong with the translation. ;)

That new avatar though. I have no words.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

No worries. I wanted to post a few scanlations of them but couldn't finish in time because I'm busy feeling bad about not getting other things done. I also uploaded my faves first which resulted in them being at the bottom(!!) because I'm a dunce. Oh well, I'll do do better next time~

OrangePekoe Admin
Yuri discussion 27 Nov 11:52
joined Mar 20, 2013

I'm rereading almost everything... I bet if I lived in Japan I would have an endless supply of yuri manga...

I wonder this too,,, how much are we not getting? We get a decent supply of yuri manga and doujinshi, but I wonder how much we aren't getting because scanlators didnt like it for whatever reason.

It's nice to think of it that way, but realistically you'd be spending something like $40+ to have monthly access to the published yuri series on the reader, and those come in magazines that are huge, low quality, and mostly not yuri. That's not to mention the cost of tanks ($8) or doujinshi ($5-15).

You would certainly have a wider range of options to choose from, but actually amassing that type of collection just sounds crazy. Unless you just don't have many other hobbies, those costs add up pretty quickly.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I could add in information by editing MrEngenious's first post, if that's fine. Or I could just post relevant details to the thread?

Either is probably fine, but it seems like it'd be best to make a new post.

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 9:43AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

That aside, don't most groups keep an updated list of their projects on their websites? Seems like even less of an excuse for views to go to the groups' websites, y'know?

If the object of the thread is to get help, then...

Is there any real possibility of expanding the scanlator thread to include a list of projects that are being worked on?

Yeah, opt-in only, you can write up whatever you want and we can add...wherever. Or you could add it, I don't think anyone minds. Unless you meant in the "So people aren't conflicting with each other" thing, which I know for a fact certain groups are against due to typical scanlator drama.

ALSO WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LAST SUGGESTION :(

Refresh my memory?

last edited at Nov 27, 2014 12:31AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 26 Nov 18:44
joined Mar 20, 2013

...I have achieved enlightenment...
It really is transcendental overbait...it has ascended too far and reached into the antibait zone!
We were all "but it's so yuri" at start when it wasn't, and now we're all "but it's still not yuri yet" when it totally is!
Everyone went into reverse mode and didn't even notice!

Yup.

Wow what the hell!

Now that we've seen this, I think we're up to 5-6 chapter of stretch and trolling.

Trolling you say? That was fulfilling as shit if i might say Damn it rhyming with the same word is pitiful i say

Three straight Kyonne posts without mentioning stretchings?! What the hell indeed.

As fulfilling as this is, it'd be real nice if their relationship just slowly developed afterwards. The series' strength is its implicit subtlety, and I would much rather have it follow the example of something like Hidamari than the typical "and now they're fucking."

Of course everything I just said is probably moot. As rejuvenated as I feel at the moment, I'm sure next chapter we'll be back to square 2.

OrangePekoe Admin
Yuri crush discussion 26 Nov 17:58
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't really think the
"this tag is meant particularly for non-yuri series"
part should be there.

It kind of states it as a fact, and there's a good amount of yuri series that can have this tag.

Hmm, would it be more acceptable to say, "this tag is meant particularly for series without a yuri tag"?

Not sure if your point relates to semantics or something else, so pardon if that's not what you meant.

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 26 Nov 17:05
joined Mar 20, 2013

https://plus.google.com/photos/+DelgerLhamsuren/albums/6086128162251380849
Translations are up.

Yes, yes. Sorry for the delay, sorry for the delay~

Yuri tag when?

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 5:05PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 26 Nov 15:45
joined Mar 20, 2013

while the the scanlations are WIP, could anyone help me decipher the following page?
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/stretch_ch22_5#12

I just realised I never properly understood why Keiko got mad there? Was it because the guy was undressing and suggesting sex? Or was it because he got home late despite her getting in the accident? Or was ot because she realised she never liked the guy at all and just used him to fill the void? But what was it that she wanted so badly that generated the void then? A proper family? A baby?

I think it's fair to assume, based on his earlier discussion with Ran, that she was simply grieving and lashed out.
I was going to blow off the "undressing and suggesting sex" line, but his expression is pretty strange, so it's possible you're on to something. On the other hand, he may have just been inappropriately cheery - seeing him handle it so well may have pushed Keiko over the edge.

Also, the comments on the latest are hilarious, can't wait.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh, speaking of new tags—I added an Abuse tag to one of our chapters of Girlish Sweet a while back. Previously it had been tagged with Violence, but since that tag also gets used on things like Murciélago it seemed a little off the mark.

That's good, thanks for the heads-up. I can think of a few other things that should be tagged with it, I'll get to those soon.

Suggesting tag: Yuri Crush

Done. I have a preference for Schoolgirl Crush, but am not really sure about it. One-sided doesn't work, because I don't believe the tag should be a duplicate for all stories involving unrequited love.

Edit: Going to post more in the next few minutes. Feel free to shore up anything missing. Will probably go over some more through the week.

Assassin
Alien
Deity
Ninja

last edited at Nov 26, 2014 1:26PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Flashback

And then we can tag SK with that exclusively...

Regarding this: Does it really make sense to begin tagging things based on character types/expression/appearance? That feels like it could get out of hand really fast.

I don't really think so. While there are some clear reasons we haven't been tagging this specific character type, there are very few that are unique enough to really get into. Tagging Onee-sama or Useless Protagonist, for instance, wouldn't serve much purpose due to their commonality. Conversely, something like Dandere comes off as too specific for both its subjectivity and relative rarity.

I'll think about it regardless, and if I go ahead with it and screw up - as I usually do - then we can always write it off as a failed experiment.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Suggesting tag: Yuri Crush

This is getting done, absolutely. Though I may change the name.

There's also a type of character I'd love to tag, but I have difficulty putting it into couple of words, could use some help...
Basically, it's a character that's expressionless, but absolutely not emotionless. They feel as much as everyone else, it just doesn't show on their face. Instead, they are also often super-blunt with their words. I mean characters like the author from One Who Depicts Love, or Toono from Othello.
Somehow just Expressionless doesn't feel like the right word here...Blank Face? Meh...

Either way, I absolutely love this kind of character. Would be great to have some stories from their point of view, rather than from the observers.

I want this, but I don't know either. We had a short-lived Kuudere tag for it (as in type 1), but there was some debate before it was removed. I'll work on ironing out the details.

Also adding these for consideration (via AudioErotica in chat):

Pirate, Assassin, Alien, Sheep girl (really?), Police/military/enforcement, Deity/Goddess, and probably some that I missed.

Also not from AE: Too Many Dicks

Lastly, sorry for the delay in response. Nice work!

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 10:52PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 25 Nov 22:41
joined Mar 20, 2013
Nozoeli3_zps73c0c66f

Hilarious but why is this tagged yuri?

Dude they're two girls touching. Does it get any more yuri?

No but really I just tag everything by certain artists yuri. M- my bad.

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 10:42PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Butterfly discussion 25 Nov 21:37
joined Mar 20, 2013

It was a bit funny–there was a big rush of people who started following her right before The Robot Next Door was released, and she was worried about disappointing them because normally she only tweets to her friends about KanColle developments. My initial reaction was something like this before and after, but really, there's nothing wrong with some Ship Girls now and then.

Haha, very nice illustration.
I...don't really like KanColle for reasons entirely beyond its control. I'm just being a hipster.

That said, if we were picking up something by her it would be the Robot Next Door, not KanColle.

That would be super cool. Imagine the surprise I had when Ignorant Me Who Doesn't Follow Artists noticed she was releasing a book like that, just a few weeks ago. Hopefully whoever picks it up does it justice!

OrangePekoe Admin
Citrus discussion 25 Nov 14:09
joined Mar 20, 2013

The official yuri hime twitter recently revealed a Citrus PV in the making.

This might be a sign of an oncoming anime adaptation hooray!
Yuri Review's post about this: http://yurireviews.blogspot.sg/2014/11/possible-citrus-anime.html

It's here! Citrus Volume 3 Promotional Video. yeahyeahjustaPVthoughstill Source

Matsuri's voice slays me, I'm just so happy. Imouto spin-off when?!

OrangePekoe Admin
Butterfly discussion 25 Nov 13:26
joined Mar 20, 2013

Golden. But do you really want it fixed, Kouhai?

Group labels are like virtual ribbons—and what kind of Kouhai wouldn't want their ribbon fixed?

Of course of course! Fixed now.

I wonder what the reaction would be if we translated one of Nishi Uko's KanColle doujins...

indistinguishable cursing

God, KanColle.

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 1:27PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Butterfly discussion 25 Nov 01:56
joined Mar 20, 2013

NOT LOVING ALL OF MUSE'S
YOU FUCKING POTATO

On an unrelated note, it seems that your earlier wish to get was I was getting was taken rather literally.

youvekilledmeimdead

Golden. But do you really want it fixed, Kouhai?

last edited at Nov 25, 2014 1:58AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Though grinding has always bugged me, i get that "it looks hot lol" but lesbians don't do sex like that......or at least i don't so its just odd whenever i see it.

morishima akiko angelic girl extras

Not something I'd put any effort into "defending," but it does seem to work for some couples.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 8:32PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

Oh. That's not an error or anything; those aren't doujinshi - they're officially endorsed releases - so they aren't marked as such. We hope to eventually have a way of marking those as well, but it's not something we can do currently.

joined Mar 20, 2013

^This topic is fine, we're probably doing some forum re-organizing this week, so that won't be the go-to topic in the future. Thank you for looking out for us though.

At least not on the Recently Added page.

Mind posting a screenshot or describing the problem further? I'm not seeing anything like that on my end.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:13PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

Well, that was much faster than expected. Love the slice of life feeling in the first few chapters, hopefully it holds up. Thanks much, Payapaya!

Aoi tho.... Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking this.... She's just so.... Hnnng...

Yes, yes she is.

last edited at Nov 24, 2014 4:06PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I forgot to ask but where should I(or anyone) put the reminder? here. on the image gallery, IRC?

Anywhere is good, I'll notice it if I don't otherwise see.

I'll double-check the AnR's some time soon. Also sorry about Amelie, I don't know much about SW :S