Forum › Posts by Faust

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wow looking back, this is the part Seol A and Norae kinda feel each other out.
Tensiooonn...

joined Sep 21, 2014

Poor mom sob sob.

She's going to her high school reunion :)

last edited at Nov 13, 2015 3:37AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Hmm..
A is in love with B and by her own borderline yandere logic bullies her.
B is in love with A and knows she bullies her, has come to terms with it, keeps the letters in a precious box.
It sounds really unhealthy, but they seem to have both very different mindsets from the average teenage girl.
It's an interesting dynamic between them.

"Why did the condemned queen leave letters of proof in a casket?"
Very interesting analogy.
At first glance, who would have guessed, because she's in love with the sender?

last edited at Nov 13, 2015 2:52AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

omg that ending..
ouff... Tonogai is basically pulling a Homura for Anna.
This whole thing is basically her story
But wow, those timelines.
1. Mc lives shitty life, dies.
2. Wakes up a kid again, rapes Anna, "good" life, murdered by "daughter"/Tonogai.
3. Both wakes up, basically timeline 2 but with Tonogai knowing everything and becoming his foil.
The plot was pretty much the 3rd timeline. If they ever wake up and relive everything, Tonogai will aim to kill him over and over again. That was a satisfying death threat.

And I guess that when Tonogai mentioned the fortune teller girl was the end of Anna's hope, that makes a lot more sense now, seeing how Kyou might also be compatible with her during the school trip, and that in an alternate reality that's what happens. Nice reference.
That reminds me that we never knew Tonogai's original name. In the end, when asking about her future daughter/kid's name, her happy expression and realisation that she was loved was probably because Anna called her by her very name.
That.. was beautiful.
Tonogai is an exceptional character. What she lived, everything she's done. And she's only 17-18 at most. Really, hats off to her.

tl;dr
I LIKE THE ENDING A LOT.

last edited at Nov 13, 2015 1:52AM

Faust
Sumika discussion 11 Nov 22:11
joined Sep 21, 2014

This manga is very stream-of-concsiousness. Especially how the recurring water imagery enforces that impression. Also, yes, it seems the feelings are mutual but unexpressed.

I love the sea

Said the whale and later

I love whales

Said the sea. And of course this

there's a Ryou in the Umi

All of this manga's poetry whirls around that wordplay.

It's absolutely beautiful isn't it
I read it like 4 times, the two first to understand, two more to appreciate that soft feeling of angst, the pain of unexpressed love.

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

OMGGGOOOODDD <3333
That was adorable :')

joined Sep 21, 2014

This was really funny, should make an anime out of this
The author's right, the characters really changed from what they were initially

Faust
Octave discussion 08 Nov 19:11
joined Sep 21, 2014

This was great. Deeply satisfying to read, to see the growth of the relationship (dating-wise) for once

joined Sep 21, 2014

Probably an unpopular opinion, but I don't hate Chika. She isn't getting much feelings of antagonism from me, given how clear it is she doesn't have a chance with Hoshino at all, and despite how forceful she was at times, I feel deep sympathy for her pain. Chapter 9, her second rejection, was the angstiest chapter of this series. If she had been the main character, despite the way she went about it, the readers would have probably been more understanding and sympathetic.
This is one of my favourite yuri manga, one I was following in 2011, came back 2-3 years later. I'm glad it was completely scanned, would have wished for some chapters to flesh out Hanai's feelings more. The confused relationship between Hanai and Hoshino is simply wonderful, a great pleasure to read. Definitely one to reread. If licensed and released in English, I'd definitely spit out the money I do not have to buy it. 10/10 would read again <3

last edited at Nov 8, 2015 4:08AM

Faust
Sumika discussion 07 Nov 23:33
joined Sep 21, 2014

^ Fuck.
Also,
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sumika#5
Beautifully poetic confession of love.

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

This is such a good story. I first hesitated reading this because it wasnt completely scanned and the last updated was more than half a year ago, but no regrets. I'd wait for it. It deserves at least that much

joined Sep 21, 2014

hehe Tooru making a pervy face when getting on the couch

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

I kinda like the Honoka/Alicia parts though
From being isolated, Honoka became pretty spiteful and for once, there is someone like Alicia in her life, behaving friendly and affectionately and its sad because we can tell she is not used to it at all, becoming rather defensive, not wanting to get hurt. Honoka thinks pretty insulting things in her head, but I'd cut her some slack.
I think Honoka finding someone/a friend that appreciates her and her gradually getting used to it is pretty touching (after all, thats how Ah-chan and Chie started out, with Chie hating on her nipples lolool)

last edited at Nov 2, 2015 12:33AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

Even is she loved him, gotta say, she ditched him pretty past for her. The curse maybe? Or simply love. Who can tell

last edited at May 15, 2016 4:27AM

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

I'm so jelly of countries who have this manga ugh
I wish they'd license it in english, i'd buy it for sure

joined Sep 21, 2014

Bittersweet ;A;
Really beautiful

Faust
LOVE/DEATH discussion 29 Oct 20:11
joined Sep 21, 2014

I dont think its the same series anymore, why is it added to Love/Death?

joined Sep 21, 2014

Yo this chapter was rad as hell, sad to see the bass wrecked, but omfg Kurt Kobain

joined Sep 21, 2014

Wait, is does Yuki actually like the baseball guy? I thought it was Akari misinterpreting it... D;

Faust
Vespa discussion 21 Oct 02:13
joined Sep 21, 2014

So the ending is that...
Princess is back home, Queen havent been found (of course), soldier is healing nicely, the end?
No mention of both countries being like wtf? Marriage is just cancelled because queen bitch is dead?

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

It's beautiful. The ending, whether you want it like so or not, it was fucking beautiful I wanted to cry. The way mc changed as a person though, the art, their friendship, loved it.

Faust
Delinquent discussion 19 Oct 23:41
joined Sep 21, 2014

Delinquent girls are pretty cool, gonna go tag what I remember and hope a few good ones resurface

Faust
joined Sep 21, 2014

Man, the art is this one is amazing, Blondie's eyes are simply gorgeous

joined Sep 21, 2014

Oh damn a girl with freckles
Don't often see that in manga

last edited at Oct 19, 2015 1:36AM

joined Sep 21, 2014

I like characters who, having an ambiguous relationship/friendship, try to determine throughout more complicated interactions, just what exactly do they think of each other.
Like Notes from the Garden of Lilies, does anyone know other manga like this?

Stretch, Ebisu-san and Hotei-san

C'mon, that is just mean.

HAHAHAHHA yeah...
I just remembered other series like this too, like
A Kiss and a White Lily
Fragtime

But I didn't mean ambiguously GAY.
The lack of straight forward proof, rather than hints, is frustrating TT_TT