Forum › Posts by OmegaBlue0231

OmegaBlue0231
Slow Start discussion 13 Mar 06:25
joined Jan 11, 2018

Yeah parts of the manga are really winning over the anime.

OmegaBlue0231
Image Comments 04 Mar 22:00
joined Jan 11, 2018
Dxnbjbqumaajilm

A princess carry into a reversal, my favorite!

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

A nice and simple drama free vampire story.

OmegaBlue0231
Night Bus discussion 28 Feb 00:01
joined Jan 11, 2018

Whats kind of a massive act of promiscuity is this? Hand holding? With a complete stranger? I thought Mochi was pure.

In public no less!

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

go inside, Jesus ... you guys will catch a cold from the rain.

Never they must have a long drawn out discussion in the rain! A cold next chapter is not required but encouraged.

joined Jan 11, 2018

So apparently there's 5 volumes of this.

joined Jan 11, 2018

Don't you love when you have to reread the whole series again because you already forgot what you've read years ago.

And then remember why you lost interest? I ended up rereading it after this chapter and remember how much I wanted to love this manga but just didn't ever like it that much.

joined Jan 11, 2018

So much angst in this chapter. Also poor main character that was pretty terrible.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

It's true, watching gifs of fighting stick men is the most interesting thing!

joined Jan 11, 2018

It's cute and I like it, but wow does it skim over parts of the story.

Like on page 412, where she says "Aren't I always saying it?" I'm like "No, this is the first time the story has shown you saying it, and until now I thought only a day or two had gone by". That's some pretty extreme "tell, don't show" going on there.

On the very next page it shows flashbacks to the times she has said it, also implying some time has passed.

last edited at Feb 27, 2018 1:14AM

joined Jan 11, 2018

Good story, and the plot device seemed to take things well.

OmegaBlue0231
Image Comments 26 Feb 14:23
joined Jan 11, 2018
62698394_p0

Technically this is loli and age gap. Lily is only 14 also her boobs are padded to be more like Fubuki.

OmegaBlue0231
New Game discussion 21 Feb 17:07
joined Jan 11, 2018

Nene is still best girl for Aoba.

There fixed that for you :P

Aoba is a weird way to spell Umiko

OmegaBlue0231
New Game discussion 21 Feb 16:18
joined Jan 11, 2018

Nene is still best girl.

joined Jan 11, 2018

I stand corrected. Violence is always the answer. And solves all of our problems.

Silly, violence isn't the answer, explosions are!

joined Jan 11, 2018

Shiori is so gay for Minori.

joined Jan 11, 2018

She's going to have a harem of delinquent girls at this rate, if she doesn't accidentally kill them.

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 9:52PM

joined Jan 11, 2018

I love this series, drama doesn't hang around for a million chapters (although one drama keeps coming back) and the characters make real progress and seem to want to go forward together rather than having one of them being the hero.

My god I love this series!

That's why I like this a lot too. Characters actually seem to grow and just speak their mind. Not much of the usual tip-toeing around feelings for 100 chapters before something happens. Both of the main characters seem more real to me too, like they have actual strengths and weaknesses.

I am curious to see how the brown hair coworker will factor into this though (forgot her name). I got the feeling she was in love with Guk too but seems super shy.

I've seen the raws for a good bit of the series, I won't spoil it but I will say stay tuned.

joined Jan 11, 2018

I love this series, drama doesn't hang around for a million chapters (although one drama keeps coming back) and the characters make real progress and seem to want to go forward together rather than having one of them being the hero.

My god I love this series!

OmegaBlue0231
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 12:34
joined Jan 11, 2018

Oh well.

Japan, man. For all the time I've known the country, duty is the backbone of their society. Just a few months ago the Tsukuba train company issued an official apology for one train of theirs who left 20 FRIKKIN SECONDS earlier (the next train was ONLY 4 minutes later). Take another example, say, how difficult it is to explain the concept of the super famous kanji "makoto," which some westerners translate as "truth" or "honesty," but I believe the closest equivalent will be "loyalty," i.e. "duty." (There are quite a number Japanese books written on the concept of "makoto" ALONE).

Long story short, what we see as SU's falling short on story telling might give an insight, if only a little, into the sense of "duty" that Japan and us non-Japanese don't share. Kinda telling, I think, when we compare the reaction of Japanese and non-Japanese fans towards the latest chapter.

Still. I'm kinda hoping that this latest update is merely the "ten" part of the classic kishotenketsu method of story telling. Chance's slim, but girls can hope.

For another bit of insight, falling asleep in public is also considered normal for corporate culture. It shows that you were working hard even to the point of exhaustion and a sign of respect is at the end of the day telling your boss they look tired because it means you think they were working hard.

Here and most other places falling asleep would seem rude, neglectful, or even a sign the person is having self destructive behavior and is in need of a break or help. So yeah cultural differences and all that jazz.

OmegaBlue0231
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 09:52
joined Jan 11, 2018

Every time a new chapter gets posted, people are always like “oh this chapter was so bad omg so overly dramatic with shit writing as always” but we all keep coming back. Like many other people, this manga has become more of a guilty pleasure for me. Even though the writing is all over the place, I still look forward to reading a new chapter every month. The first chapter was released back when I was 16 years old, and I’ve been keeping up ever since.

Maybe I want to keep up with Citrus because I started reading it so long ago and just want to see it through. Maybe it’s because the ridiculous plot actually entertains me despite my complaints about it. Probably both.

It's because a lot of us enjoy it even if we're pointing out flaws or things that annoy us.

last edited at Feb 18, 2018 9:53AM

OmegaBlue0231
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 18:34
joined Jan 11, 2018

Your comment remember me, the only reason she has to do this is because of her father, she has to do all this shit because her dad decided to do his thing and let a teenage girl have to shoulder everything. Regardless of if he loves her that is a giant dick move.

Yep. This. Very much this. For all the murderous hate I saw directed against the grandfather, people seem to give Shou a free pass. He deserted his own duties, and people seem to actually like that, but they never take the bigger picture into account. Not to get into the practical obligations families such as Aiharas have to their employees, and in this case students as well, because we covered that at length in previous thread pages, but suffice to say Shou's choice impacted a lot of people beyond just himself. Most importantly, his own daughter, who is in this predicament solely because of him. Also, his very existence is proof enough the grandfather is not that bad as people paint him to be, if he was, then Shou would never be allowed to leave, and this conflict would not exist. Still, Shou gets like, zero negative feelings as far as I have seen. He is an adult travelling the world in a philosophical search for himself, while his teenage daughter is left to pick up the duties he abandoned. Oh, and yeah, his leaving left Mei even more emotionally broken. That too seems to have been forgotten.

That is true. I've never seen anyone really complain that much about Shou. But also, I hope this means that Shou will somehow redeem himself in future chapters. Like, he finally returns after soul searching and traveling and hears about this and learns that Mei actually isn't in love with her fiancee. So, he somehow breaks the engagement off. I hope that happens. It'd be one of the few proper things he's done as a parent.

Shou pisses me off, and too many do give him a free pass. We know he was a very stern man, just like Mei's grandfather, and imprinted his world views on Mei since she was a child.
Then one day he had his sudden "revelation", made a 180°, became a hippy for the lulz (in the middle of a divorce, too) and asked a grade schooler about a decision that a little girl couldn't take. Saying that Mei should've gone with him is too easy.

All this also made me remember another thing. In the TV show Arthur there was an episode called April 9th, it was a 9/11 allegory episode. In the episode Arthur becomes overly worried about his dad after a fire to the point he skips out of doing stuff he wants to do and tries to force his dad to stay home with him to try to keep him out of harm, and his dad tells him a story where a similar situation happened with him and his mom, and he ends the story with "It's my job to worry about you Arthur, not the other way around." and that's kinda what I feel is missing from Shou, he's not doing that enough for Mei and instead Mei is the one left holding the bag when it comes to all this responsibility her father dumped on her.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 6:38PM

OmegaBlue0231
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:30
joined Jan 11, 2018

And read it now. Yep, it hurts, but I really can not say I am surprised. This is very Mei-like. I also do not think this is bad writing, since it has pretty clear internal consistency.

Fipse
"Inheriting the academy became something I wanted to do of my own will." That being said, as Klice stated, we already discussed at length what Mei's social position entails, but of all that we covered I would want to bring one possible explanation as to why the marriage.
Female heiresses inheriting the business in lack of male heirs is nothing unheard of in Japan, however, Mei is not just a woman, she is also very young. How many CEOs do you know who are just fresh out of high school? Her fiance is older, from a prestigious family himself, a second son (so he will not be bogged down by running that business), and has management experience. The grandfather specifically selected him because he has an unimposing, gentle character, and he would serve as practical help for Mei, while the union alone would put business partners, boards and parents of students at ease, since they would know a high schooler is not running the academy unchecked.

I know I might sound boring bringing this up again, but you really can not have a lesbian who is dating her step-sister openly as the charwoman of a prestigious girls' academy. For one, gay and Japan. Two, step-sibling relationships are viewed as actual incest by many people, and are generally not socially acceptable (even outside Japan, even if heterosexual). I mean, name me one prestigious school anywhere in the world, east or west, that is run by an openly gay person. Let alone a gay person who is in a relationship with their own same-sex step-sibling. It is stupid, and it is not something I am fond of, but such is the world at present.

Mei basically has three choices, choose family and duty over Yuzu (as she seemingly did here), choose Yuzu openly (in which case her dream of running the academy is finished), or try to compromise (somehow convince the boards, any potential investors, and the parents of students that someone as young as her is up to the task, break off the engagement and come clean to grandfather she does not wish to marry; then she would be able to be with Yuzu, provided they keep the relationship a secret from the general public).

Your comment reminded me, the only reason she has to do this is because of her father, she has to do all this shit because her dad decided to do his thing and let a teenage girl have to shoulder everything. Regardless of if he loves her that is a giant dick move.

Even if it meant he had to do something he hated a parent's job is to protect and provide for their kid, this is the opposite of that.

last edited at Feb 17, 2018 3:33PM

OmegaBlue0231
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 15:06
joined Jan 11, 2018

Why does it feel like this series never gets anywhere?

It's going somewhere, just not the way you like, I guess.

You mean right back to where we started? Because as it stands I wouldn't be surprised if we get some big play that ends the engagement just like what happened in chapter 2. The only question is whether Yuzu will do it or someone else.

Right now Mei is deciding how Yuzu should feel for her, which I feel like is something that this series has also already grappled with and condemned as well(I don't remember anymore). So I don't expect the engagement to stick unless the series ends and Saburouta goes for the convenient sham marriage ending.

Yeah unfortunately every time progress gets made it goes right back. It would be nice if progress would have stayed and they could have worked things out together like a couple because surprise couples can deal with problems together you don't need to force one character to be Superman saving Lois.

OmegaBlue0231
Citrus discussion 17 Feb 14:58
joined Jan 11, 2018

Well, someone is talking about cucks and wants ntr, we can't get any lower

There's always vore.