Forum › Posts by Autumn

Autumn
Anime season 15 Dec 09:23
joined Mar 11, 2016

@Jtt, Thanks buddy. I gave it a few ep and now am half way through. Found it better than most of today's shows. ;)

I think kyoani don't have the guts to realize the yuri potential of its shows or they simply don't support a more than friends relationship between girls. They, very smartly, are preaching their view of "no matter how strong their bond is; it /cannot/will not/ go beyond that", "it is just a phase" and "het is the /only/right/ way for girls". They have always? shown it in their works that het /wins/is the end game/ even if she loves her girl friend or vice versa <<<Tamako Market.

last edited at Dec 15, 2016 9:33AM

Autumn
Anime season 10 Dec 13:23
joined Mar 11, 2016

Hahaha, Serena you were almost there. Never wong xDDDDDDDD

Faust, don't think too much and just enjoy the show. It is ok if we don't get it. =D

I am thinking of watching kiddy-grade. Does it have any yuri/subtext? wanted to confirm to avoid any disappointment.

Autumn
Anime season 10 Dec 12:06
joined Mar 11, 2016

@Faust - I don't know how to interpret that one scene either. Serenata may be on the right track here.

Edit: Nah. I think he may be salty towards Cocona because of Mimi, i.e to him she may be the cause of Mimi dying/disappearing. He clearly showed signs of attraction towards Mimi in the flashback.

why are we using spoilers btw?

last edited at Dec 10, 2016 12:12PM

Autumn
Anime season 10 Dec 01:22
joined Mar 11, 2016

@TB
Aww, I'd have loved to see it. :( May be they will animate it in next episodes? tho we have just 2/3 episodes left. :(
I do think Fujikawa deserves more screen time. She haven't gotten much since ep 7.

@Faust
I think she was upset because she was the only one kept in the dark about all this. She was the only one who didn't know about Mimi, pure illusion or why they were collecting the fragments. After the reveal about Yayaka spying on her in the disguise of a friend, she checked with Papika if she was the same; pretending to be her friend for the sake of her own objectives (using her to go to pure illusion). Even after repeatedly asking, Papika didn't tell her about Mimi. :\ She felt betrayed by the persons she trusted and thought of as friends. From her perspective, there was no meaning in their relationship and she was just being /used/deceived/ by them all this time. More, she was angry with all of them, not just Papika/Yayaka. She did say she hated all of them.

Autumn
joined Mar 11, 2016

@maya
Yeah. Unlike previous chapters, I am hesitant to reread this chapter. >_<

Autumn
joined Mar 11, 2016

Mimika totally did a suicide attack there. Is it over? Should we abandon ship? :'(

I think Yuzumori's reaction might have something to do with a past incident. Something similar might have been said but she got betrayed in the end, hence the disgust/fear at Mimika's words. She did had a buzzer with her when they first met.
I can be wrong ofc.

last edited at Dec 9, 2016 2:22PM

Autumn
Anime season 09 Dec 09:52
joined Mar 11, 2016

@Kayo-chin
Agreed. It is the most enjoyable and yurilious episode of the show so far.

@TB
I haven't read the manga so I don't know what they are skipping. If it was a yuri scene then it is a let down. :(

Autumn
Anime season 09 Dec 06:36
joined Mar 11, 2016

Stella no Mahou's this week's ep had some genuine subtext. One of the character's parent actually gave ok for a yuri relationship. x)

Autumn
Anime season 08 Dec 13:34
joined Mar 11, 2016

@Wtv
I disagree. In some action series you can predict who will die and that too at/near the end; not all. example: you/we don't know who is gonna survive in Ikusei aside from the mc. Action anime retain their sense of mystery and keep you hooked; unlike sports anime where you know the course of events? and the end game.

Character's drama work for those who have taken a liking to them imo. I happened to like the girls in the losing schools and once their arc finished I stopped watching.

@TB
If it is a hard earned victory I don't complain (like in Hibiki). what pisses me off in sports anime is when they won effortlessly just because of their mc status.
I did watch yuri oriented ep of my fav saki characters/pairs. :> Except one - Teru x Sumire; if you know their episode let me know.

Autumn
Anime season 08 Dec 09:30
joined Mar 11, 2016

She didn't magically get better, she's had that smash since the beginning of the series.

I know. But I don't think that alone was enough to beat Zakuro - a national level player. Agari only made it to regional level with her backhand; therefore strengthened her forehand for nationals but Zakuro was able to counter it.
So what I am saying is that Agari cannot possibly beat Zakuro with her backhand. I also don't think switching between backhand and forehand was enough to put Zakuro off of her game. More, Agari ignored her backhand technique for a good while and only focused on her forehand; so her backhand should not be as great as it used to be. But she magically won (from someone who has made it to the nationals) using her (not-perfect) backhand? No.
If not for the yuri I might not have bothered with this anime. :\

I dropped Saki for the same reason. I already knew the matches outcome so why bother? Everyone know Saki cannot lose, Nodoka cannot lose, their school cannot dropout of the game because the plot is centered around them. Same goes for Teru and her team/school. It takes away the enjoyment when you already know who's gonna win/qualify.

In Hibiki too; if they had lost, the anime would have ended cause there would have been no story/plot to continue. You can't say they should have won/qualify based on their performance. You have to listen to others too to know who was better.

last edited at Dec 8, 2016 9:41AM

Autumn
Anime season 06 Dec 11:04
joined Mar 11, 2016

Ping Pong: It was a total let down that Kururi/Zakuro lost; I don't buy it, especially Zakuro's loss when Agari only strengthen her forehand in her training but magically got good in her backhand and won? No.

Other than these two games, these last two episodes are a total win. The latest (ep 10) being the best with its yuri/subtext awesomeness; even better than FliFla I'd say.

Autumn
joined Mar 11, 2016

A fine end to the series I'd say. Manga has definitely more yuri and details which the anime skipped; and the art is nice. ;)

It was pleasant to see the cast in the end with some of them being couples. :p Banba x Sumire is/was my fav and there was just a tiny screen shot of them which was disappointing. :( It is likely they hooked up too xD Sumire has shown fondness for Mahiru many times and I doubt Shiina will be satisfied in just being a maid. =D
Haru/Isuke getting canon status was the best part. :)

Autumn
Manga General Thread 29 Nov 11:45
joined Mar 11, 2016

and latest chapter: http://mangapark.me/manga/tomo-chan-wa-onnanoko-1/s2/c475/1
If only we get a yuri couple in it. Tho the author is teasing us with girl's skinship, get together and hints here and there but the end game is surly het. Still this would leave us with two single girls who may end up with each other but it is less likely. :(

joined Mar 11, 2016

I think that's her grandmother in the photo. I also think that she and dorm mother were friends or may be more than friends. It seems her gran was also a student at this academy; perhaps shakuyaku's student council prez who brought the change between the two divisions.
(if you read the first two/three chapters again, you may find these hints.)

Autumn
joined Mar 11, 2016

Damnit, why this manga makes me go wild (with happiness)?! xD

Ejima-sensei sure knows how to keep us interested. Did Shi-chan unknowingly helped Mimika there? I think she sure did. :D

It was a feast to see Yuzumori blushing and being jealous. :p

I hope it is not like this in the next chap: I like you . . . as a puppy. xD

Also I think we got owned by Ejima-sensei here; especially the "this is creepy" squad. ;)

last edited at Nov 25, 2016 12:49AM

Autumn
Anime season 16 Nov 09:13
joined Mar 11, 2016

I watch it for the ping pong u////u

why the blush?! xD

Yep. The show surprises me every week with its gayness.

Don't forget the "my Koyori" -line! They're all gay, and each has her couple! So sweet and cute that my teeth hurt. In a good way!

IKR. Koyori is yet to find someone she play for as well. we all know who it is gonna be. x)

what I did not expect was the show to be this open about their feelings. Recently the shows/studios would either not go yuri even if there was potential for it or simply dodge it because of some sentiments in japan. This is the only show (aside from flip flappers) which has the guts to display their affection for each other with no trolling or buts or ifs unlike a certain one who likes to troll us. yes i'm talking about you kyoani

Autumn
Anime season 15 Nov 12:20
joined Mar 11, 2016

More yuri couples in Ping Pong, yay. This week's episode was a blast; fully enjoyed it. A complete win imo. Next episode can't come soon enough. :)

joined Mar 11, 2016

Just get Shiratori together with the guy and end the game. He seems like a nice guy too.

Autumn
Truth discussion 10 Nov 07:28
joined Mar 11, 2016

Heh, That's how you write an angst story. Kudos to Namori-sensei. That was fairly enjoyable. Liked the beautiful art, angst, dialogue, twist and the happy ending. I had a smile when I saw the happy ending text at the bottom. well, someone did get their girl at the end. xD
I also liked the dark background of the pages; adding to the tension of the story.

It did seem that we were missing some pages; like how did we get to the firework scene? what had gone between them before this confrontation? A whole manga can be made out of that imo.

Lastly, I didn't get who, the long haired was actually in love with?

Edit: After rereading, I think that Long Hair loved the Pony Tail but after dating Short Hair she started to develop feelings for her hence she asked her to break up with the Secret Girl and jealous girl cover etc.

I'd say tho, there were at least two definitive points in that confrontation where, (if Namori-sensei had wanted to), the solution could have gone the bright end and we would have gotten a true happy ending. But she purposely gave us a dark version of the happy end. By happy end, I think she meant that "all is fair in love".

last edited at Nov 10, 2016 10:36AM

joined Mar 11, 2016

This was well balanced; Each got its deserved attention and pages; Plus Maki's tsundere act was nicely done.
Pretty Entertaining. Thumbs up. :)

Autumn
Anime season 02 Nov 11:33
joined Mar 11, 2016

Ribbon x Natsuki is superior though.

Agreed. Here's hoping for more of their moments together. ;)

Autumn
joined Mar 11, 2016

Dammit, that was too good. I am hooked!

Autumn
joined Mar 11, 2016

The best part:

'Now what'll you say to that Yuzumori?!'

. . . Takes deep breath . . .

I . . . DON'T LIKE YOU. BAM

Looks like Yuzumori don't like it if someone is more chummy with her puppy. :3

Just when it was getting a bit repetitive and people were complaining, the author threw a confrontation between Shi-chan and Yuzumori and we are sold again. :D

Also, the details in the eyes of this art are very beautiful.

Indeed. The author deserves some words of praise there.

Edit: I forgot to add, this was one of its best chapter.

last edited at Oct 29, 2016 4:51AM

Autumn
Anime season 25 Oct 04:59
joined Mar 11, 2016

^ Rinne outright massacred them. I don't blame her of course. But now I don't see her as the villain anymore and I am not disappointed.

joined Mar 11, 2016

when I started reading it I thought I would not like it but when I finished it I quite liked it. gud job.