Forum › Posts by ffins07

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

o/

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

The flu took me out for almost three weeks and just as it seemed to be clearing, something else messed up my sinuses. I hope Ssamba is doing better than me and is just taking some time off after recovery in order to mentally recover. Beings sick can be very stressful, especially if you feel obligated to your fans and whatnot. Stress is a killer. I really hope she's taking the time to rest fully, and that we will be able read the rest of this serious to the end without another unplanned (health-related) hiatus.

@PaleRider That's a gorgeous avatar. Man, I want that comic. The news updates on it are always encouraging, but it's been for-e-ver.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@ieeheh posted:

@ffins07 What you mean by "assuming this story does resume"? It's not an assumption! >.<

I'll be happy regardless of what's coming in the next chapter, even if I have to see the face of Sung-Pyo again haha

I think you missed the whole depressed vibe, ha-ha. I'm still checking for updates on Sundays, just not first think when I wake up anymore. I haven't given up on the next update for A Snowflake in Spring. Nowhere near giving up on this one yet, ha-ha.

Life happens, but I really hope we'd get another notice if Ssamba was going to put the manwha on official hiatus. She's been good to us with in between updates thus far, imo.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well, it seems Reo is taking back some control over the relationship.

I hope so. It would make this manga more palatable.

It's obvious Meiko loves Reo and her attempts at controlling her procede from a fear of abandonment.

Agreed. The crying scene wasn't surprising, but it was a good decision by the author to humanize her. Clearly, some people already sympathized with Meiko, but that scene makes her a little less terrible for other readers.

That sex/rapey scene, it just didn't feel " right " to me..

The rape scene seemed really forced to me. Maybe that was because Meiko didn't really mean it and was just acting out some stupid spur-of-the moment punishment. Either way, it was unnecessary, and I really hope the rape quota for this story has been filled. I just clicked through it without attending to it much.

I hope with the next chapter this story begins to feel less over the top. This was a baby step in the right direction (for me to care about it more). The characters were slightly less flat this chap.

last edited at May 8, 2016 4:31PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

This story is really...stereotypical. Dark is cool, but this ain't it. Too cheesy.

I'm in the reading everything that's released because I'm bored camp. The drawing style is nice, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Sigh. Since I am so full of negativity and shiz, I therefore conclude in my miserable brain that this story is another one of those good stories that just suddenly stopped and no one will ever know the ending. Just like the best K-ON! fanfiction I have ever read "No, Thank You", which just died and the last updated was like 4 years ago. It can't be helped.

Oh god, or worse there's an update 5 years later.

Can you imagine...coming back every week for 5 years.

Or worse, stop coming back after x weeks, months, years AND THEN THERE EVENTUALLY IS AN UPDATE AND YOU NEVER KNOW.

Note: I did not think I would take the undetermined hiatus this badly. Or at least not this quickly.

(;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)

...seriously, it seems like everything I've read/watched today is depressing.

Hah. That reminds me. Assuming this story does resume, people are going to be all poopy about nothing happening because No-rae still hasn't come to a decision yet. Ha-ha-ha-ha... ಠ_ಥ

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

...that hurt.

Really good. Really real. Really painful.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I like the pitch of their voices as well. But, seriously, that was pretty clean.

Thanks for sharing.

ffins07
Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Such an interesting episode. Tentative, pure--I don't know. I really enjoyed it.

I wonder what happened. A safety emergency override of some sort, maybe.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@cipp: Thank you for the well wishes. Trying.

@palakangorange: I'm less concerned about the layout and more concerned about the "Login required" popup.

last edited at Apr 21, 2016 6:40PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Well this coupling seems doomed. Brought together by loneliness, insecurity and desperation. Aiyah.

Still very pretty. A quiet and realistic tragedy (while it continues to be realistic). Looking forward to the next installment.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I don't care about waiting. Full recovery.

I'm home with the flu. Think I was vulnerable due to stress.

I hope she can set aside any felt obligation to anything other than her own well being for 'til she's really and truly well.

Ciao, folks.

P.S. Thanks for the translation @halmoni. Much appreciated, as always.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Guys... There is new status update... This time made by comico...

Someone please translate. I hope Ssamba is doing okay ;(

ditto :(

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

--Ooohh. That hiatus message.

I need an email subscription for the chapter post, ha-ha. I too wish Ssamba a full recovery. Time pressure doesn't help with recovery speed.

'til some unknown future date, folks. o/

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Oh. So the hiatus message was updated?

...I thought that was the same one from two weeks ago.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

O__O

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Lots of people refreshing or harbinger of death...

"서버가 일시적으로 요청을 처리할 수 없습니다."

"The server could not process the request temporarily."

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Ack! I forgot about the hour shift.

Gonna grab food.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

...tomorrow. Tomorrow... 10 hours. We're hoping... >__>

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Oh. So I'm not too late. ...and maybe another week or who knows how long. I hope Ssamba can rest up more fully this time.

Ciao folks.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

I loved the update. Can't believe I missed chapter 5, but the one-two-punch was nice...in the really painfully tragic kinda way. ha-ha

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@kimchikid posted:

I'm probably in minority here but Sung-pyo did nothing wrong. He is a nice guy who used to date No-Rae and still cares about her, so he wants to ensure that she is fine. What's wrong with that?

He would be far more of an ass if he just threw No-Rae on the bed and left. Or only took her as far as the door and left. Please stop blaming characters just cause you still need yuri googles to get the yuri juice. Or just cause he is a guy. If roles were reversed, you would be squealing from joy.

It's not like he knows that Seo-la fancies No-Rae, neither has No-Rae told him off. What he did, is what any civil person would do. I do understand why Seo-la was annoyed but from a complete onlookers point of view, there was nothing wrong.

Either way, it seems like we are getting another gradual set up. Hopefully it'll finally cross some kind of line and we won't have to wait another 30 chapters for another set up.

You're not the minority trust me.
People are just a bit annoyed by him cause of his comments towards Seol-Ah.
Everyone knows he's a decent, nice guy.
It's just that his comments were a bit careless as Seol-Ah is a close friend of No-rae's.

THAT. Even viewing Seol-a as a friend (which is all I'd reasonably expect), implying that she'd be careless taking care of her friend. And since many of us are sympathetic to Seol-a's views, it's can be felt as an offensive comment, wherein the reaction is going to be "I don't need to be told how to take care of my friend I've known for a while, thanks. ...Rude."

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Although the greater arc of Sung-pyo and No-rae appears nowhere near closure, this chapter feels like a close to the last three chapters. It ended in such a way that Ssamba could pick upon on any thread next chapter. Seol-a brings up the topic of Sung-pyo, but No-rae, unsurprisingly, doesn't give an interesting reply.

The ending dialogue seemed to be pure fluff, leading me to believe that the scene was only to show off how much more forward Seol-a is willing/beginning to be as far as initiating (maybe slightly more possessive) physical contact. ...and possibly to give another cameo for the clipped nails, ha-ha.

I wonder if Sung-pyo finally got a hint that Seol-a is his rival, but--at least from @cipp's translation--that doesn't seem to be the case. The conversation between Seol-a and Hye-gyeong served as a nice subtle reminder of the gap in the insider and outsider perspective on what is going on between Seol-a and No-rae. There's no assumption that maybe Seol-a is interested in No-rae and thus isn't going to be cheering on someone else. (But I seriously don't get that whole assumption that because you aren't all for the guy that means you don't like him. What about neutrality? -- __ --)

Also, as Sung-pyo's proponent, Hye-gyeong might be the catalyst to driving Sung-pyo's story to its closure. Based on the close, I see no reason to bet on Ssamba continuing directly on this thread.

Looking forward to the next chap, whatever window into their lives it may be.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

@Nya-chan posted:

So, hmm, yeah... still as fluttery as ever. Can't say much more about this until there's some translation.

Sung-pyo made a remark about her nails, so she cut them on the spot?

And he left, like, "she cut her nails for No-rae, my life has no meaning now... let's disappear into the night..."

shrug

He did though. He did. ha-ha-ha-ha

I thought that back shot was similar to his (self) defeated look in the flashbacks. "I'm walking away again."

And I'm like, "Yes, and keep walking.". Presumptuous. >:/

Now No-rae needs to tell him off/set him straight. ...and set things straight with Seol-a. And for us readers. OMG No-rae. Speak!!

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:15AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

In response to @cipp's English translation. (Thank you, Sir.)

In Seol-a's place, I'd be ticked at Sung-pyo too. Seriously, dude?!

Anyway, need No-rae POV next chap. Thanks.

The Sung-pyo arc continues. (No closure yet. :/)

last edited at Mar 20, 2016 11:00AM