Forum › Posts by yuripie

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

How do Dryads breed? Fks a girl and gives her a seed, then she herself turns into a Dryad. You gain two from fking one. More gurls, more Yuri, more cuteness, everyone wins in the end.

yuripie
True Story discussion 15 Jun 00:41
joined Jun 30, 2015

Classmate N, classmate R, I expect a love triangle with classmate T next.

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

No eggplant tag?

yuripie
Image Comments 10 May 21:32
joined Jun 30, 2015
19054103_p0

Finally my imagination comes tru

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

Hmm... I notice that most of the titles of manga I saw are in English. While I have no issue with the titles themselves, I would love it more if they could think of a good title in French, unless the original titles are already in Engrish.

About the translation, sometimes I get the issue with how the translators change the way the characters address the others. For example, while it is normal in France for classmates to call each other with first name, it is not always the case in Japan. Teachers also do not always call students by their first names as well.

I understand that honorifics are hard to translate, but well, they could just keep the first-name and last-name basis like in the original version.

Oh I see, to prioritize french titles over english ones
They take off the honorifics? Like, -san, -chan, -senpai and such?
Hmm that's kinda a bummer, cus it indicates how close x ppl are with others

Taking off the honorifics is fine. I feel more natural that way, but maybe it is just my perspective.

However they did not try to keep the honorifics' feel in the translation. Asian culture has strong emphasis on hierarchy, familiarity and stuffs, losing it would be quite an issue. Some characters for instance has a straight-laced personality, so they will likely use last name basis; making them using first names instead would deal a blow to their character.

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

One thing I hate about France's manga publishing is that they cannot use their own translated title and overuse English titles. Their translation is another thing.

What do you mean by that?

Are their translations good? I mainly read manga in english but I've a fair share in french too and it seemed fine, though tbh I don't think I can tell if a translation is bad or anything

Hmm... I notice that most of the titles of manga I saw are in English. While I have no issue with the titles themselves, I would love it more if they could think of a good title in French, unless the original titles are already in Engrish.

About the translation, sometimes I get the issue with how the translators change the way the characters address the others. For example, while it is normal in France for classmates to call each other with first name, it is not always the case in Japan. Teachers also do not always call students by their first names as well.

I understand that honorifics are hard to translate, but well, they could just keep the first-name and last-name basis like in the original version.

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

Damn how can I forget Ebisu & Hotei, I was sure I put them in the list, guess not
Maybe you didn't find HGDistict 4 cus the title is... entirely something else

Uhm no, I visited Fnac and they did put every Yuri title to one corner like they did with any other genre. I didn't find HGD4. Maybe it was released quite a time before and got sold out? I should have checked and ordered on Internet.

One thing I hate about France's manga publishing is that they cannot use their own translated title and overuse English titles. Their translation is another thing.

last edited at May 8, 2016 10:33PM

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

I can't believe it's already licenced in the US, with only 2 volumes out…

Here in France the only yuri stuff we got licenced is Citrus. =[

If you mean recently, yes
Otherwise France also has:
All You Need is Love/The Feelings We All Must Endure
Sweet Guilty Love Bites
Shoujo Sect
Pas à pas/Hoshikawa Ginza District 4
Inu & Neko/Inugami-san and Nekoyama-san
Hanjuku Joshi
Orange Lips/Kuchibiru ni Suketa Orange
Sweet Little Devil
La Recette secrète/The Secret Recipe
Maka Maka (still in print too)
Elles/Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter by Eiki Eiki and Zaou Taishi
Lost Paradise

And damn am I salty and jelly about it, I want half of those titles

Wait France has Hoshikawa Ginza District 4? I didn't find them when I was living there, and I just left France recently. Damn. It is one of my favorites.

Other than those titles, there are Girl Friends and Secret Girlfriends, plus Ebisu-san and Hotei-san. I found Citrus as well, but I didn't buy the manga as I was about to leave then.

On topic: Damn the sister is so perceptive.

joined Jun 30, 2015

This is bad.

For our heart

joined Jun 30, 2015

Damn, if it happened to me, I would die from pain. Even for normal sized clit those touches would be terrifying, I can't even imagine what this girl felt, especially when the fist grabbed it, I bet it's more painful than being stabbed. Couldn't think of anything else while reading...

Well, larger clit = more exposed area, means your nerve endings are more scattered. Since there is no real life case for these kinds of things, there is not much to claim, but IMO it would feel less than normal ones.

Unless that heavenly drug also steroids the neurons, which would be a hell of pain.

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

There is nothing called a favorite couple in Yuritopia. Cuz Yuritopia is my favorite.

Anyway it is fresh to see new couple doujin here.

yuripie
Furumapura discussion 06 Apr 09:51
joined Jun 30, 2015

From [10] to [10][0]

joined Jun 30, 2015

We need more FemMain.

yuripie
Furumapura discussion 02 Apr 05:07
joined Jun 30, 2015

10 [Cuteness]

joined Jun 30, 2015

THAT COUCH LMFAO

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

| > Implying Kinmoza isn't cute enough

SHIET MAI HURRRRTTT

last edited at Mar 21, 2016 3:42PM

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

Awwww it is darn cute

Also Nena x Ano xD

joined Jun 30, 2015

Maybe we will have more cameo in the next chapters.

I quite like Seina. Man, the scene when she snapped is great. The way her voice changes is also fun as well.

last edited at Mar 18, 2016 4:28PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

Well I quite like the game. The way the game is played is quite unique (at least for me, I don't play VN much, and for a Yuri VN it is already different). The story is well-written and I love the character development.

At first I thought I would be able to choose between the two (Ano or Hina), a bit disappointed that the story is linear. But well, that is okay, I guess, since the story is already great.

OPERATION SPARKLING SUNSHINE!!

last edited at Mar 18, 2016 3:56PM

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

She reminds me of a certain white-haired arms dealer.

Ye, like a combination of Murcileago and Jormungand

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

The older girl uses a cliché line and it is SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Damn I feel like I'm having a heart attack.

yuripie
Murcielago discussion 14 Jan 11:29
joined Jun 30, 2015

So the guy with his thing smaller than Koumori's dildo is back

joined Jun 30, 2015

Well k that is one hell of a luxurious meal over there.

I want to become a lesbian vampire as well

yuripie
joined Jun 30, 2015

Heart-shaped pupils on Reina. Topkek

yuripie
Gamma discussion 01 Jul 03:59
joined Jun 30, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/gamma_ch12#36

An explosion of Fury! Did Yuri just use her Lily Cure powers? Why did none of the characters comment? Did any readers not see this coming? Has killing become the hero thing to do? Find out next time on: Gamma!

She does have the resolve to kill people if it means to protect somebody. Pretty much she wouldn't even hesitate when she loses her temper at that moment.