Forum › Posts by Breakdanceanomicon

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Yuri and Incest is always the best route

Breakdanceanomicon
Henai Girl discussion 13 Aug 17:12
joined Jun 13, 2015

You know what's interesting? Even though I know Yugioh is most popular in its home country of Japan, (as opposed to Magic's dominance in the West) I don't think I've ever seen characters in anime/manga play it or reference it, save for in Yugioh itself, obviously. So having it be seen on the last page was pretty unique.

Breakdanceanomicon
Kase-san discussion 10 Aug 13:18
joined Jun 13, 2015
Breakdanceanomicon
Hanagui discussion 06 Aug 13:42
joined Jun 13, 2015

Watashiya Kaworu is really good at realistic women, from body types to how she handled puberty in KnJ, though her grasp of homosexuality has always seemed a little shaky. This was cute af though.

Holy shit, I never would have guessed the author of Kodomo No Jikan is female. And apparently, she's a pretty dang good writer. "Why do I feel like a native villager who's forced to stand by during a media circus over a rare, undiscovered animal?" is legit a really good line. I'm impressed. Learn something new every day, I guess.

last edited at Aug 6, 2016 1:43PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/ponite_ribbonfantasia#13
Someone's been learning from the great Rohan Kishibe. There's probably a Rohan/Josuke doujin with the exact same excuse.

Breakdanceanomicon
Image Comments 23 Jul 12:19
joined Jun 13, 2015
15085691_p0

Suffice to say, Yu-Gi-Oh has that deepest lore.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

That was a joke, but I really don't understand how anyone can get past the first page of those huge fucking eyes. They belong with these unholy abominations:

Also, I really don't care much about sameface in anime. I pretty much expect it at this point and aren't bothered by it much. I doubt it will ever change, too, since it's such a cultural aspect of anime/manga. To me, there are more important things to critique, such as the writing, which I still think Mira is good at. She blends humor into sex scenes better than most. And she has some of the best afterwords in the business, which I always find to be extremely important in rating a work. The afterword to Earth Girls, specifically the third paragraph which sounds like something out of a book written by a Marxist feminist in the 1960's is still my all-time favorite.

last edited at Jul 13, 2016 11:30PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Man, this really turned into the Talk Shit About Mira thread, eh?

I don't understand it. Like, sure Mira's art style is a little messy, but not everything needs to be Dowman Sayman levels of sleek lines. Sameface is hardly a real complaint since the vast majority of artists in anime/manga use it to a degree. And Mira has said that she just enjoys drawing smut with big busts. What really irritates me is how people on this site can lambaste Mira and praise Takemiya Jin in the same breath. How anyone can get past those hideous fisheyes that make all the characters look high is beyond me. Mira's art may not be anything to write home about, but at least it's not a walking human rights violation.
As for writing, sure, Mira has a bunch of simplistic stories that are just about two girls getting it on, but so do a lot of other artists. At least she's daring in the idea department. Compared to most artists, such as Jin or Morinaga Milk who almost always do the same school girl hand-holding "will they/won't they?" drama stories over and over, Mira has historical works, fantasy works, adult life works, etc. And her writing is very good, especially in the longer works like Earth Girls. Dunno' why people here are so... wrong.

last edited at Jul 13, 2016 10:49PM

Breakdanceanomicon
Walk Wit Me discussion 13 Jul 13:15
joined Jun 13, 2015

Even that morally ambiguous reveal feels like something an actual writer from early 1900's America would write. I don't know how, but this author really got in the mindset of someone really distant from them. I think that's pretty amazing.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

"Wow, this isn't a lot of pages. I wonder how quickly they'll jump into the action...
Page 1, apparently."

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I just can't believe this author packed more continuity and character development in two weird loli watersports fetish doujinshi than most actual manga authors do over the course of years of serialized publication. Shame he couldn't put that power to better use...

last edited at Jun 24, 2016 2:49PM

Breakdanceanomicon
Walk Wit Me discussion 21 Jun 18:20
joined Jun 13, 2015

A quick Google search tells me there are several songs by various African-American artists by that name, though I doubt that's it since there are no black characters so far. I think the use of "wit" is just supposed to imply a sense of poverty and uneducated-ness, whether that's inner-city ghettos or rural coal towns.
I must say, this story is so American it's pretty incredible a Japanese mangaka can depict it so powerfully. Haven't seen anything like that since Stone Ocean...

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/titanium_bone_les#12
http://bato.to/reader#54657c4e03941e23_15
Just gonna' point this out, in case anyone ever doubted my claim that this is a Part 7-based doujin.

joined Jun 13, 2015

This feels like one of those stories where the author had this deep, powerful scene envisioned but for me, the reader, it just comes off as confusing and lacking oomph.
At least it's better than that other story from Cider and Crybaby.

last edited at Jun 10, 2016 8:41PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Natsuko is one hell of a sadistic asshole, huh?

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

As they say in the world of Hot Spring Egg:
"Yeah, son!"

last edited at Jun 3, 2016 1:32PM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

"The more soap opera-like, the better! The yandere is supreme!"
Everyday we stray further from God's light.

Breakdanceanomicon
Desk War discussion 12 May 13:14
joined Jun 13, 2015

So Dowman's works are literally war crimes. Huh. Makes sense.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I feel like the fact that they can return to Earth at any time sort of ruins the drama of them being stranded on their own uninhabited island...

joined Jun 13, 2015

it said here prequel. prequel to which story?

It's the prequel to http://dynasty-scans.com/series/strange_babies which hasn't been translated yet though.

Strange babies... Occult goats... Powerful drugs... I think I see where this is going...

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Psst...over here...I got somethin' for ya...

Little closer...I'll whisper it to ya...

...Zootopia isn't the first thing with anthropomorphic characters in it.

Psst...hey, listen... Get this, Nez...

Zootopia came out pretty recently... and is currently the new flag-bearer for furries...

...So it's not surprising... that lots of people would mention it... would you rather have us discuss... MLP? ...Or Fritz the Cat? ...Don't blame people... for living in the present...

(Also, in my defense, I never even suggested this was actually based on Zootopia, I knew this wasn't that recent, plus she didn't even mention it in the afterword, I was just making a joke. Happy belated April Fools!)

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Wow, the Zootopia manga looks great!

Breakdanceanomicon
Comic Girls discussion 22 Mar 12:22
joined Jun 13, 2015

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/comic_girls_ch07#4
If only Johnny Joestar was alive to see this...

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

So is the sister dead or what?

It wouldn't really be supernatural otherwise. I have a feeling Kami-sama will let her return to Earth because her love is so pure or something like that.
At some points, (especially page 130) I was afraid that Mikoto was going to go into edgy yandere mode and either kill Oga-kun or kidnap onee-chan, but than I remembered who wrote this and felt bad for even doubting the greatly-talented Itou Hachi to not keep things optimistic and lighthearted, as they should be.

last edited at Mar 22, 2016 3:12AM

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I'm glad to see that Cure Sunshine has been doing well all those years after the events of Heartcatch Precure.