Forum › Posts by Kazu-kun

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Otherwise (* for unknown character)

したいです お泊ま*が

お泊まり (otomari)

Some times the り character has the curly thing as shown in the manga.

Anyway, お泊まり means sleepover or overnight stay. したい means I want to do. So basically she's saying I want to sleep over / I want to stay overnight.

Thank you, adds a little more to my knowledge base. I assume this is a common change to り

It's pretty common indeed.
https://www.google.com/search?q=hiragana+ri

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

So, which translation is more accurate?

• "I want to sleep over with you" (Kusoshop)
  • "I want to stay over at your house" (4s)

Because the implications are not the same. First case, she just want a sleepover, second case, she invites herself in someone else house.

I kinda find the 4s translation weaker this time. "Please do your best" vs "Break a leg!"... Meh... I can't imagine Yuu saying "Break a leg!"

I don't have the original to compare.

Original can be found
https://imgur.com/a/6Uynnpv

I was trying to just put the text into the discussion but Yuu uses a curly h I cannot find the Uncode for if anyone has any ideas what that is please tell me.

Otherwise (* for unknown character)

したいです お泊ま*が

お泊まり (otomari)

Some times the り character has the curly thing as shown in the manga.

Anyway, お泊まり means sleepover or overnight stay. したい means I want to do. So basically she's saying "I want to sleep over" / "I want to stay overnight." Adding "at your house" in the translation is okay. I feel the English line wouldn't flow well without it.

last edited at Jul 30, 2019 5:50PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

When Natsu kissed Ayu in Haru's body, it was because of an accident (i think she was going to fall or something like that.) And when it was solved, Haru said that she didn't care because it was her body, but she would've hated it if it happened in Natsu's body. When Natsu heard this, she realized that both of them thought the same way and that they only wanted to do it with each other.

Well, you don't know of this incident won't lead to some development between Natsuko and Haruko next chapter. I'd say we should wait and see.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

There's no reason to be pissed about the kiss. Natsuko was kissed by Ayu before and no one complained. It's a meaningless kiss anyway. It doesn't change anything.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

But you can't know that

I do know. Like I said before, this manga is pretty predictable.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

In the end I am sure that the conclusion of this manga will be to know with whom nene will put himself in a relationship (or not) kou or amane.

You're totally missing the point of the manga. Who Nene ends up with is a secondary concern. The main point is that Nene has a huge complex about her smile (or lack thereof) and hurt Amane badly, and now she has to get over her shit and make amends.

Also, Kou is not even a love interest for Nene anyway. She made it clear she sees both Amane and Nene as friends and wants them to be happy.

If a couple is formed out of this mess, it's gonna be Nene and Amane, since Nene still loves Amane more than anyone, and Amane clearly loves her too. Also, let's face it, Amane is the character who deserves a happy ending more than anyone after all the crap she has gone through despite doing nothing wrong. It would be massively unfair if she gets screwed over more than she already has.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 2:36PM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

For me senpai is only a simple antagonist of kou, her opposite she takes pictures of sad or desperate people as is a little nene by the way...

There's more to it because she outright manipulated Amane. This sets the stage for Nene to do something about it.

Certainly part of the story will focus between the confrontation of photos but I come back to the real love triangle that will be there between nene, amane and kou

There is no such love triangle. If anything, the Senpai / Amane / Nene triangle till take center stage now.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 11:28AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

And you think that thanks to psycholgic therapy will come back and look in the eye as if nothing was with amane?

The key to resolve this whole drama is Senpai. What do you think is gonna happen when Nene finds out Senpai has been taking advantage of Amane's pain? Nene is gonna feel like shit and try to help Amane somehow, and that's how the relationship is gonna start to repair itself.

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

You may be surprised

Not a chance. The manga has been pretty predictable to me so far. I even figured out that Nene's whole reason for being a bitch to Amane was simply that she was envious of her cute smile like a month ago. It's pretty obvious where the story is going now.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 10:37AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

You rely too much on the pictures

Because one of the main themes of the manga is that people aren't always honest about their feelings but their pictures always reveal their true feelings. That's why instead of taking what the characters say as face value, you have to pay attention to the pictures. Specially to the smiles because that's another big thing in the manga.

The development of the story will not be just "kou repairs the love situation between nene and amane", not so simple.

That's exactly what the story is about. And it's not gonna be simple with Senpai wanting to keep Amane heart-broken so she can keep taking pictures of suffering Amane. Getting Nene and Amane together is gonna take some serious effort.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 10:29AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It wouldn't be the first yuri manga to have the MC being the wingman. Kou is a photographer, and I think she will learn what true love is through her camera after getting Nene and Amane together and taking a picture of them as a couple.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 10:04AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

She really loves her but unlike amane it's recent and without any trace of regret.

Again, she barely smiles to Kou. There's no comparison with the actually happy smile she had for Amane. Think what you will but she doesn't love her.

It is and will be much more complex there will be a real love triangle and it is not at all sure that it will end so simply in a nene x amane reunion...

The love triangle is dead. There was never a true love triangle to begin with. Now that Nene has admitted the truth, the whole drama is about how to get Amane back from Senpai who will no doubt make a move on her now that she's heart-broken. That's where the story is going. It should be obvious for anyone paying attention.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 9:59AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

she’s cutest when she doesn’t smile

I actually agree with that. lol

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

^ The pages you posted actually support my point. Nene barely smiles for Kou. There's no love there no matter what she says. In this manga the characters' true feelings are revealed through the pictures and Nene's feelings are pretty clear.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 8:57AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

She did.

She didn't. Just see for yourself:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch08#1
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/luminousblue_ch08#20

Nene barely smiles when she's with Kou, but her smile is bright like the sun when she's with Amane. There's no comparison. She only ever loved Amane. She never really loved Kou. Even though she claims she likes Kou, the pictures show otherwise. Her smile reveals her true feelings, and her true smile is only for Amane.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 8:34AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

replacing Amane with the first girl that put her on a pedestal

She will have go out with the photograph woman then.

The photographer woman is one of those who keep telling Nene she shouldn't smile. Nene hates those people.

ended falling for real

She didn't. That's why she couldn't smile naturally when hanging out with Kou. Kou noticed right away when she compared the pictures. Their relationship was dead on arrival since Nene's heart wasn't into it to begin with.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 8:01AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

As flawed Nene is, all this is inform by her life experience

Informed or not, it doesn't change the fact that what she did was wrong, which is ultimately what matters.

Last thing about Nene, simplifying her moderate love for Kou to her position of camera girl is cheap and unfair

It's true though. Nene's "attraction" to Kou stems from the fact Kou, being behind the camara, will never compete with Nene for the limelight. All the opposite, it makes Nene the center of attention which boosts her ego. Nene ran away from her problems and tried to cover it up by replacing Amane with the first girl that put her on a pedestal. Kou is just a convenient and easy way out.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 7:34AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

^ I think it would be better if Senpai won the contest. I'd like to see what Nene would feel if she found out Senpai won with a picture of a suffering Amane that she took thanks to Nene breaking her heart. Would Nene finally feel some remorse for what she has done? Would she feel regret that she pushed Amane towards someone who doesn't really care about her and just wants to use her suffering for her own convenience?

Nene has to talk with Amane and make amends, but rather than doing so because Kou's picture won, I'd like her to do it because she realized it's the right thing to do. That's why Senpai should win the contest.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 5:04AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Never is a strong word. Talking to a friend... Like the way Amane talked to her senpai?

Yes. Her senpai being a nasty piece of work doesn't change anything. Talking to someone when you're dealing with shit can be pretty helpful all the same.

Telling her employers to "fuck off" would not have helped her situation in any way.

"Fuck off" was just an expression. The idea was that she shouldn't bottle up her feelings. She should voice her dissatisfaction and frustration, specially to the people who literally make her feel that way.

Distancing yourself from a situation and gaining a new perspective on things can be very beneficial.

That wouldn't help because her problem actually has nothing to do with Amane. She had issues from before she met Amane, and she would continue to bear those issues even if Amane wasn't around anymore. Nothing will change for her until she makes some effort to get over her shit.

If she didn't want to be in a relationship at the time then she shouldn't have been in one.

Except we know she did want to be in a relationship. She broke up just because she was running away.

I never said it did, did I?

But you think that way or you wouldn't feel the need to bring it up.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 4:03AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

As far as the "cutting ties for your own good" trope goes, I think this one had one of the better reasons behind it, since the problem was Nene's own terrible feelings-- which she was promptly disturbed by.

Cutting ties with Amane doesn't solve anything. The problem is not Amane to begin with. Nene had issues from before she met Amane. She has to face those issues.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 3:39AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

That would probably actually help if great mental health support was that easy to come by.

I'm not sure she's at the point of needing a shrink, but I think even talking to a friend about it would have helped. Instead, she decided to run away which is NEVER the right answer to your problems.

That's just plain horrible advice.

Not really. At the very least she should voice her mind about how uncomfortably she feels that they're telling her she shouldn't smile. It's because she bottled up her dissatisfaction that it ended up becoming a larger issue.

Agreed. That seems to be one of the things she was trying to minimize, but at the very least she could have handled the break up much better, while she gave herself some time to sort things out.

She shouldn't have broken up to begin with. She's just running away, and I will say it again and again, running away is never the right answer. You have to face your problems or they will just get worse.

Almost as if she'd been emotionally abused from a young age...

We know, but it doesn't make her actions any less disturbing and wrong.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 3:19AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It's not really responsible what she's doing. She's seething with jealousy to the point she wished the person she genuinely loves was ugly or disfigured so she wouldn't be able to do what she does so naturally? You think she's actually going to become an even half decent person if she keeps that kind of complex without actually trying to better herself? Leaving Amane only postpones the problem -- If she gets that way over someone she genuinely cares about, imagine what she'll say or do to her colleagues as time progresses. Except she'll have nowhere to run when that time comes.

Exactly. This kind of psychological issues tend to grow over time if you don't deal with it. That's why she has to face it and get over it now when it's still relatively harmless. Otherwise, some years down the line she might end up attacking someone just because they had a pretty smile.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 2:18AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It's a relief to find out that Nene's feelings for Kou are real

I wouldn't know how real they are. In the pictures Kou took of the two together, she wasn't smiling as brightly as she did with Amane. Maybe she does like Kou to some extent but I don't think she loves her like she loves Amane. That's what the pictures suggest at the very least.

But this also means more angst

I doubt it. Kou has made up her mind that Nene and Amane are her friends, and she's gonna do whatever she can to see them happy. I don't think there's gonna be any angst from her part.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 12:57AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014
  1. They're kids

That helps understand where she's coming from but it doesn't make her sympathetic.

1. It's pretty responsible to not be around someone for fear of being toxic.

It's not like the break up was for Amane's sake. It was for her own sake, because she couldn't deal with the situation. She was just running away instead of facing her problems.

I mean they're stuck in the same school what can you do?

Face the problem. Talk to Amane and tell her the truth. Get someone to help her get over her complex / psychological issue. Or maybe just tell the people who told her she shouldn't smile to fuck off. The one person she shouldn't have hurt was Amane who was a total sweetheart to her.

At least when you're an adult you can move away.

Running away from your problems is pointless. You never grow as a person that way.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 12:46AM

Kazu-kun
10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014
  1. They're kids

That helps understand where she's coming from but it doesn't make her sympathetic.

1. It's pretty responsible to not be around someone for fear of being toxic.

It's not like the break up was for Amane's sake. It was for her own sake, because she couldn't deal with the situation. She was just running away instead of facing her problems.

last edited at Jul 26, 2019 12:35AM