Forum › Posts by Orestes

Orestes
Citrus discussion 12 Jun 07:19
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Ok yeah, i though it might have some redeeming qualities but NOPE.

DROPPED.

Sure, sure.

See you in a few months.

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 29 May 10:58
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Have to disagree on that point. I don't see much differences to other genres on terms of quality. Take any other genre and you get an equal ratio of good titles vs bad and even equaly inummerable short-manga and oneshots. It's just that compared the overall quantity in the yuri-genre is quite low. In other genres the scanlators can actually cherry-pick and most of the small titles or those of questionable quality don't even reach the readers awareness.

Agree with you and don't know how that's disagreeing with me. That's why scanlating about everything you lay your hands on is a bad idea. I'm sure Yuri Project likes this manga and but I'm quite sure too that this got printed just because it's yuri and the genre is starving for content badly. You can see it quite often at the end of several chapters/oneshots where the author explains how she/he got the work for that project. It's the big fish in a small pond or small fish in a big pond issue every genre faces. If you don't sell making a sup-par shounen just make a sub-par yuri or any other niche genre. If you are a yuri reader (and I am) it's painful to pick a new release and realize how hideous most of the yuri stuff is and how precious quality yuri is.

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 29 May 09:01
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I've been even a SFX editor and encoder for a fansub for years. A fansub that subbed almost exclusively artsy and niche anime. I've been into anime and manga for 15+ years. That experience with Touhou doujins comes from this reader. I hope you can check the date I registered here. Please note that I said "Touhou doujins", I find the Touhou universe interesting and some characters really well done.

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 29 May 06:45
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Actually, I'd rather say that this is an unexceptional but decently unique and interesting manga receiving more negative attention than it deserves thanks to the unreasonable expectations people have about the yuri tag. Ultimately the real worth of this manga lies with Youko in her characterization and personal development. Characters like Keita, though rather duĺl and unremarkable, are not really villains/should not be considered symbols of hatred so much as representations of the limitations of an average person/society. The important part is not to like or hate him but to see how he affects Youko's character development. In that regard he is a relatively decent character (on a writing level, not a personality one), although a bit heavy-handed in the early chapters.

I hope I'm not the only one that thinks that the yuri tag almost always mean a sub-par manga when it's not plain awful. That's why you have to dig so much to find anything worthwhile within this genre. With my post before I was trying to say that this manga is barrel bottom in about every aspect: art, story, development and characters wise.

Although part of Youko's frustrations come from being a lesbian (reason enough to consider the series yuri-relevant if you ask me, unless you really just can't stand anything aside from brainless fluff pieces), the story itself is more about Youko's growth and feelings in general. For that reason the story doesn't necessarily demand a fixed yuri couple or ending (though I would welcome it, of course). I just feel that most people are completely off base with their complaints about this series. Youko's hug with Maki was a pretty remarkable character moment, for example, in the latest chapter.

I'm not asking for a regular canon yuri couple or typical development I'm asking for something that's not glaring bad in every aspect. I visit this reader because of the yuri tag but I can discern good and bad manga since I read a lot other genres. For example I have to be really, really bored to read any Touhou yuri doujin (or anything related to Touhou) because 99.9% are shit and that comes from 3+ years of experience.

TL;DR Yuri genre is sub-par most of the time. This is one is so bad the only attention it receives comes from ppl that would read anything with the yuri tag.

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 28 May 08:41
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This is a perfect example of a plain bad manga having more attention than deserved because it is labeled as yuri. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of bad mangas leeching on niche genres pretty much as seen in Manga no Tsukurikata plot.

But this is over the top. Sometimes I wonder if the author had the whole thing done and just changed some of Youko's lines to make it yuri.

last edited at May 28, 2014 8:43AM

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 22 May 11:31
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Is there any way to ask for tag changes?

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 20 May 11:44
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Pikari x Naomi-Senpai OTP.

And about the misunderstandings... everyone should confess like Riri from Holy Girl Paradigm.

"I like you!! Love!! I mean it sexually!!"

Best confession ever.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter by Zaou Taishi and Eiki Eiki confession wasn't bad either:

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/little_red_riding_hood_strikes_back_part_c#11

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 19 May 08:58
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Like "penis in page 23" we should have a "Yuri in last chapter" tag please.

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 19 May 05:31
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Hate it but must say it's realistic.

No, it's not.

The author even played the typical "didn't take your confession seriously" card that has been seen in nearly half the animus/mangos lately. Next chapter is the "misunderstood" sequence, then graduation stuff and finally if we are any lucky cozy subtle roommates.

I don't really know japanese but it must be the most retarded language ever to confess going by the amount of times media pulls shit like this.

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 25 Apr 14:15
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

You will add to favorites the very last chapter with luck.

You read it here first.

Orestes
Stretch discussion 01 Apr 15:40
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

You heartless yuriheads.

You got me big time.

Orestes
Stretch discussion 09 Mar 08:06
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

SEND ME THE LINK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

http://yawaspi.com/stretch/index.html

Use at your own risk.

Orestes
Stretch discussion 08 Mar 14:01
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Dream interpretation:

As I see it she hammered her boyfriend/husband about having a baby until she won and a tumor spoiled
everything to the point of being unable to have babies.

I'm inclined to believe it was just a boyfriend or she was trying to raise it as a single mother and her mother blame her
for not marrying.

She continued with the hammering but she can't have a baby anymore and the boyfriend/husband abandons her.

last edited at Mar 8, 2014 2:07PM

Orestes
Stretch discussion 07 Mar 05:38
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

This manga just gets better and better with each chapter. I'm loving the quick releases, too. THIS IS GREAT

I don't know japanese but looks like it's released monthly with some months being released twice. Looks like last chapter is #16 and was published 27/02.

Orestes
Stretch discussion 06 Mar 12:03
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

Holy shit chapter #14...

Orestes
Stretch discussion 06 Mar 05:07
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

She was lying about the love hotel and the boyfriend.

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 01 Mar 03:47
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011
  • Nothing in 12 chapters out of 22. Even Girlfriends was faster and had a better yuri to whatever ratio.
  • Subtle stare in the last page of the last chapter. Still yuri.
Orestes
Lemonade discussion 21 Jan 07:41
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

lol...i said yuri set up not actual yuri =P and idk i found it obvious i mean...

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/lemonade_ch06

followed by the next page already shows her starting do have unrealized interest. kinda obvious no? maybe i've just read too much manga and read too many books to see it as pretty obvious lol :3 and like i said her friend's reaction to the boy in her class makes it more of a "i'm attracted to this senpai, but realize my true love is for my friend" kinda path, cause that was a pretty serious expression she had lol. again idk maybe i've just read too much to be able to see it already. and....resisting to look at above spoiler link lol. i'm satisfied already enough with how i see it turning out to wait patiently :)

Too much yuri.

last edited at Jan 21, 2014 7:42AM

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 20 Jan 17:53
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

You have some powerful x-ray yuri goggles.

Orestes
Lemonade discussion 20 Jan 13:46
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

It's yuri, you shouldn't ask more out of it. You all knew where you were getting first time you read it in your first, second or third series/one-shots.

When yuriproject finishes it new readers will have a way better time jumping over the stuff they don't like. At least it was like that for me with other finished series. In the worst cases I skipped entire chapters.

Orestes
Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I can't believe how utterly disappointing the latest works from Morinaga Milk are.