Forum › Posts by Omega Deuse

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Each chapter comes with an extra, in this occasion would be https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/after_school_re_reincarnation_ch4_1

Ahh. I guess interpreted your sentence more literally than I should have.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is it only me who thinks this gacha stuff is a horrible scam that should probably be illegal? Charging a flat fee for an image would be one thing. Game-ified gambling using artificial scarcity and various carefully calibrated psychological tricks to create addiction is just vile. Tell me someone pirates this stuff.

I agree that gachas are horrible, but I'm not sure if anyone can, or really could, pirate them. It's not like the gameplay is a major selling point for almost any of them, so if you don't want the gambling, you can get similar results from fan works, wikis, and the occasional youtube video.

That said, it does always bother me a bit when I see a cool character design or story attached to a gacha, because it means I'm never going to be able to really engage with it and it's probably not going to go anywhere.

last edited at Apr 24, 2022 5:30PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

You can feel how powerful the hero really is in that colored page.... wow

Uh ... Did I somehow miss a colored page in the most recent chapter?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Wait, those black stars on her thigh and that rotten personality ... Could Utaho secretly be a member of Enormeeta‽

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It does, but I'd rather read a series where it's polyamory from early on, not where someone gets shoehorned into a great relationship between two people who are gonna get married and never gave any hint of being polyamorous. On that note, does anyone have links to some poly yuri?

I don't know. They were pretty flirty with her in earlier chapters too and she seems to blush quite a bit around them.

Also, is it just me or does she have psycho/shocked eyes? I think it's the combination of the much smaller irises and the raised eyebrows.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hmm. People are talking about how showing up on social media might be bad for Mari, but I don't think that will be too much of an issue, since there isn't much that could let people connect the post to her and it's not like she's a very online person. The biggest things she probably has to worry about are Momo getting overly pushy with pictures and posing or Kyouko finding out and getting worried or annoyed about the lies.

However, I am curious about whether one fairy getting her picture taken and posted might start to effect other fairies. In particular, I'm wondering if seeing one fairies true form might weaken the glamours of any other fairies; it's not like we have much information about why most people can't see them and why some people can.

If she turns into mini-Sei Shōnagon or (wholesome)Hunter S. Tomson I will be very entertained.

If she ended up being a regular Hunter S. Thompson, then I will be entertained

That would require an impressive knowledge of drugs, vulgarity, and generalized misanthropy for someone her age. It would definitely make an interesting juxtaposition to the rest of the story though.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Yo I love the Ureistation2

Also that girls hair is breaking my brain, is it cat ears? Is she like marge simpson and she secretly has cat ears under there?

I assumed she was wearing something like a cat-ear or chobits headband, which would also play into the other girls calling her chuuni.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Vilainess System, the greatest yuri wingman

really good news if it doesn't... it really is the greatest yuri wingman for this story

Now I'm wondering whether the villainess system got fed up and decided to pick a new girl to order around that would actually pick the nasty choices

If the system is actually based on game routes and Elsa forced herself onto an Evie route, then it might make sense for the system to be quite, since she's no longer the villainess. Now the question is: does the system upgrade into a heroine/love-interest system?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

I am sure the sixth girl will show up with the focus of all 5 senses. Maybe that glasses girl !

Nah, the sixth girl will be a sense of balance who will introduce our hapless protagonist to polyamory. ... Just choosing all of them is "balanced" right?

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if Kiu might be a yokai as well, just one that hides it better.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

It's so freaking obvious that Utaho is the original Mao and she lost her memories along with the Hero that fought her.

It could also be the other way around, with Melua being the Mao and Utaho being the hero.

God i love the elf girl design, she is so cute lol. This is quite an interesting way to do an isekai, gonna keep reading it!

While I do generally like her design, I'm a bit disappointed we didn't get to see her in an older form, at least initially, in the other world.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

For bonus points, I'm pretty sure Eulula's delinquent getup is a Sukeban Deka reference,

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

So, apparently other fairies have befriended dress makers in the past. ... I wonder if the current queen used to be friends with a human, or knew another fairy who was, and it ended poorly, hence her current antipathy.

Frankly speaking she's childish and I dislike her attitude.

She is a child. They both are.

That said, trapping her like that was pretty awful.

last edited at Apr 4, 2022 2:26AM

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Ok, now

Cute kids, but wish to be a influencer? oof oof
Sorry Momo, i dont think anyone wants to see you play minecraft o dancing on tiktok.

I could be reading too much into it, but I think she meant in a more literal sense of "someone who influences trends and changes how people think." She's contextualizing it in terms of modern social media "influencers", because that's what she'd be familiar with, but she seems more focused on the actual influence than accruing fame or followers. She certainly doesn't seem to care about popularity, which is what you'd typically expect a modern "influencer" to focus on.

If she turns into mini-Sei Shōnagon or (wholesome)Hunter S. Tomson I will be very entertained.

they really clasped and shook hands while a fairy was in their grasp, that's brutal.

I somehow glossed right over that the first time I read the chapter.

The poor girl already looked absolutely terrified on page 18 and I'm sure Kyouko's story isn't helping.

last edited at Mar 28, 2022 8:42PM

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Meyshi29-1472442954925023235-img1

Is Mumei supposed to be a female version of Horus or something here? Both Mumei and Horus are associated with the sun and Horus can take the form of a bird.

I thought Mumei was more associated with civilization, which would make Athena a closer analog.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Kinda likes tsundere, but not quite...

ik,r? But why not? I can't quite put my finger on it.

I feel like the sausage thing ("I'm doing this nice thing for you, but only as a way to put you down") comes closest to the "in denial" aspect of the tsundere.

I wouldn't object to the Tsundere tag here, but it still feels, as you say, "not quite" . . .

I think she's a bit too willing to actually act on her feelings, even while trying to frame them as bullying, to come off as tsun. Or, perhaps more accurately, a being a tsundere generally implies some degree of self denial, while she seems to fully acknowledge her own feelings, but still wants to present herself as tough and aloof.

It's the difference between "It's not like I love you ... Baka!" and "I love you, baka."

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The teacher so far seems like a solid guy, but why did the creator have to make him look so incredibly shady looking? haha

I think that's part of the point: He was introduced in the same chapter as another teacher, who takes the effort to look kind and go through the motions of caring about Kanon's condition, but who isn't actually interested in her as a person. By contrast, Miura doesn't put effort into [i]appearing[/i] sociable, but he does care about his students and pays attention to their needs.

While that would be an interesting character detail in its own right, it also plays into broader themes about appearances being misleading and honest effort being, that focuses on people, being necessary. It's a less extreme parallel to Kanon's hearing loss being invisible and how treating her as a generic "deaf person" isn't the same as giving her accommodation or actually helping.

last edited at Mar 16, 2022 8:29PM

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Tfqrx-1501758657356206081-img1

Fun fact: the artist who made the 3D models they used in this collab is Priichu, who made a cute bit of delinquent yuri!
https://dynasty-scans.com/authors/priichu

Gah! Why aren't there more chapters of Rival Sukebon?!

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

One thing I didn't really like about the new translation is the use of Japanese honorifics in a Korean comic. Like, totally out of place...

OG used the Korean translation, which used "-ssi" (pretty similar to "-san" like the Japanese version uses). Toeto had translated it as "Miss Swallow" which isn't inaccurate per se more that it conveys an old-fashioned sense to it which didn't really fit the modern tone. I am told that they later drop all honorifics, too, so there's really no way to properly localize it in a way that would maintain the original's meaning without having some random TL Note saying "PS, they dropped honorifics so pretend that they're more intimate and lovey-dovey" so we kept it the same

Couldn't you just use the Korean honorifics and then drop them when they drop them in the story?

Second, it doesn't matter what her intention was, what matters is that she made the other person uncomfortable and that needs to stop. Remember guys, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

A reminder that romance stories are not Human Resources Guides to Optimal Social Behavior.

If we got rid of every romance story that started off with one half of the MC pair getting flustered by the actions of the other, we'd have . . . a lot fewer romance stories.

Eh? A lot of romances depict pretty toxic behaviors and that's not a good thing. That said, there's a large difference between pointing out and discussing those behaviors and saying that you can't write a romance with them or even trying to disqualify a story as a romance.

Case in point, I think the way Seungha is treating Swallow is awful and no one should take it as a good template for romantic behavior. At the same time, her not being a particularly good person makes the story more interesting. Sure, I may be rooting for Swallow to slam the door in her face and find someone else, or at least dress her down enough to make her reevaluate and regret her behavior, but either way I'm still interested in where this story is going.

Also, the issue isn't so much that Swallow's getting "flustered" as she seems deeply uncomfortable with Seungha's behavior and presence, despite finding her physically attractive.

last edited at Feb 7, 2022 4:27PM

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Evie: Elsa?! What are you doing here?
Elasa: You said I could be with my destined soul mate if I made it through another year. It's been a year, so now I'm here!
Ev: Huh. I wonder who it could be.
El: Evie. ...
Ev: Oh, by the way, have you read this novel? It's about a lady who falls in love with a maid and the two run away to be together.
El: EVIE... Why?

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

You'd think those girls would have learned not to trigger Hiyama's yandere tendencies by now.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011
Futomomomoe-1488270297140662272-img1

It's a bit unfortunate her actual girlfriends didn't show up more.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Swallow dying of embarrassment due to remembering past Swallow is both incredibly well done and uncomfortably relatable.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

this should be called "red flag: a chapter". Never before have I seen a 2d fictional character so utterly uncomfortable with something like this.

You know, although she hasn't done anything substantially wrong in the present timeline, it still feels like bullying to me. Like, she's clearly trying to make her uncomfortable and take away control of the situation from her.

Please, say it louder for the one in the back.

Unfortunately I don't see how something can be concentrating this exclusively on a pair of characters and not plan to have them together. But I'd rather see the light-haired one's face mashed in, to be honest.

You and I are so in tune right now. I would honestly rather see the black-haired girl get together with anyone else but that short girl.

Edit:

Oh my Gosh everything about this is so perfect, the sexual tension, the teasing, the caressing on her breasts, the blushing. This artist knows how to make some good food.

no wtf. That's the face of someone seeing their bully again and dying inside. The caressing on the breasts is literally an invasion of privacy, I would even go so far and say it was sexual harassment. Also that's not blushing because of shyness/embarrassment, that black-haired girl was panicking.

Welp, it wouldn't be Dynasty without something even as innocuous as this becoming the subject of controversy...

That said, she's just teasing her, "Bullying" her in the Takagi-san sense (i.e. two lovers engaged in cute foreplay). Chaeyeon took it as bullying, as a child, but I doubt Seungha ever intended that. She just always found her expressions of embarrassment to be cute. In a way, her being reunited with her after around 14 years, she wanted to see if she'd make the same cute expressions if she teased her, again.

As for Chaeyeon, though, all she remembers of Sengua is "That boy who used to bully me when I was little...the one I was actually sad about getting transferred" but she still isn't sure if it's the same person (not until a couple more chapters) so it's not like she's panicking over seeing her bully, again; she's simply trying to figure out who she is but that teasing is implying to her that it's the "boy" who used to tease her, as a child.

Also, the discomfort she feels is simply embarrassment but it should be obvious it's because she feels aroused by her. It's pretty clear lesbian flirting/subtext and her inner gay is emerging to it. It's the classic "unabashed gay" X "shy/awkward gay" couple.

I can't agree with that.

Throughout this chapter Chaeyeon's expressions are a sharp contrast to Sengua's; while the later mostly consists of rounded shapes, with her eyebrows slanted upwards at the center and the corners of her lips quirked upwards, Sengua's expression consists of sharp lines, downwards tilted eyebrows, and the corners of her mouth often quirked down. A similar pattern extends to the lighting, where Chaeyeon's face is brightly lit, while Sengua's eyes are almost always shaded, to some extent, including one full page panel that actually has the downward slashes and dark shading used to signal extreme distress in anime.

Overall, Sengua seems to shift between various states of shock, confusion, and distress. She almost glaring at Chaeyeon in most panels. Sengua might find her attractive, but that's not why her face is turning red.

Also, it's worth noting that she's not normally a "shy/awkward gay". Part of what kicked this chain of ... teasing ... off was Sengua thinking Chaeyeon wasn't comfortable acting intimate with another woman and assuring her she does it quite often.

Omega Deuse
Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

There are a lot of interesting details in this piece, like the girl in the back having freckles and wearing a Chinese dress, when everyone else is in western clothes, and the girl in the front heavily blushing in the mirror.