Forum › Posts by Juice

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

I love this manga, and I hope we are getting more anime. I don't understand the compulsion to make enormous posts full of inane gripes about a series you dislike when there are things you enjoy that you could talk that much about. Also, the idea that Sakura Trick is "unquestionably praised" in yuri circles is so fucking laughable. It's almost as if elevating one's personal views as a lone voice of reason next to a sea of ignorance is a common, shallow way of asserting your opinion through rhetoric alone.

joined Jul 31, 2013

I agree with Nevri about everything on this page.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Agreed. It feels different, and the graphics and sounds are a little worse, making it kind of distracting.

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

Athletic x Curvy is justice

Juice
Magan&Danai discussion 05 Nov 04:23
joined Jul 31, 2013

:(

Though her family could be worse I guess (not literal cold water, right?), and if they're still together I'm sure that helps.

last edited at Nov 5, 2015 4:24AM

Juice
Otsu Hiyori discussion 04 Nov 15:08
joined Jul 31, 2013

Aww, that's bad news. I'm glad she can have success doing what she wants though, rather than fade into obscurity or be forced to do projects she doesn't like.

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

Have faith.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Yeah, good characters who have something going on besides the main romance storyline are refreshing. And the romance was good too!

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

So there are 3 sequels to this. Any interest from the original team in translating these?
http://exhentai.org/g/865639/283a06eb69/
http://exhentai.org/g/865640/0caa6b20e9/
http://exhentai.org/g/865642/48333386c3/

joined Jul 31, 2013

i rather liked this lol. more often then not, when you find someone you like, they tend to already be in a relationship. at least from my own experiences lol. so yes, while lack of lovin for the mc is sad, can't we all rejoice the fact that this lesbian girl who was being ostracized at school had some happiness in her life outside of it? none of that oh poor tortured soul getting saved by their nice/curious classmate spiel we see so often?

Got to say, I agree with this. I hate when that kind of development is used lazily, and it ends up making the whole relationship seem codependent or unhealthy, or masking the true issues in the characters' lives. Not that it can't be fun or genuine, but it's so common that we've seen it go poorly many times. The last page gives me a lot of hope too.

Juice
Prism discussion 08 Oct 02:52
joined Jul 31, 2013

Yeah, this is still great. It's some kind of cruel joke that Show hasn't gone back to Yuri until (possibly) now. In addition to the stuff mentioned, I really liked the early scenes that imply how unhappy Hikaru used to be before she met Megu again, like her talking about cellphones or when she talks about the girls who get jealous of her looks, with the thinly veiled advice directed at herself.

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

Do they kiss in the extra?

Juice
Kase-san discussion 12 Jul 00:11
joined Jul 31, 2013

Okay, I've done chapter 15 (which essentially continues where chapter 12 ended, I'm not sure when the Christmas chapter actually comes in). You can check out chapter 15 on Pastebin. Enjoy!

Thanks, I think it's great that this is getting deeper into both characters' experience level and mindset within the relationship. Would you do the latest chapter- http://bookstore.yahoo.co.jp/shoshi-469877/ ? It looks epic as hell.

Juice
Stretch discussion 06 May 23:22
joined Jul 31, 2013

Looking at Ran's expressions in the last two pages hurts my heart.

Yeah, agreed. Last panel of page 7 :<

Man, I just love this series more and more with each chapter. It's so simple and comedic but has a subtle depth that draws you into their lives and everyday things..

Yeah, just like Prism really. I hope Show keeps fighting for yuri!

joined Jul 31, 2013

Girls' Sanctuary by Takamichi. 3 short but sweet chapters.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Very good ;(

joined Jul 31, 2013

This one is great. I think the "white" of the umbrella and flower is supposed to be Sasaki's way of being feminine- different than red, but Nomura still likes it for the same reasons Sasaki likes her.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Agreed with the past two posts. I haven't seen raws and was never sure of its existence, but if there is another chapter then it really should be translated. These two rule.

Also is Nanzaki Iku doing anything nowadays? There are still some untranslated originals (non-doujin) out there, like this age gap I just found http://g.e-hentai.org/g/579649/5f977b849b/, though it looks like yuriproject uploaded this so it's up on there. Someone should get on this too.

Juice
Stretch discussion 20 Feb 02:52
joined Jul 31, 2013

Is it me or does this get better as it goes? I like the way Shou is bulding up Ran and Keiko's relationship; it's been abundantly made clear it goes beyond simple friendship, still it's not exeactly a romantic one. I'd bee more than happy to see the author dig deeper and deeper, 'cause he's good at that.

I agree. I find that he's one of the few among manga artists who is very deliberate about what he shows in each panel/page. He seems to know how to get the right "shot" and dialogue to push the visual narrative, as a good storyteller should.

Romantic or not, the main focus is clearly the dynamic between Ran and Keiko. A series that can show how women relate to each other in a meaningful way has a huge plus in my book.

Agreed. Examples abound, but I've always liked the teacher's look and brief pause in speaking when she counts off the students on this page: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/prism_ch3_5#9

Here too: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/prism_ch02#3

last edited at Feb 20, 2015 3:09AM

Juice
joined Jul 31, 2013

Most of Jin's stuff does not have drama, and what little there is does not have bad endings or melodrama. Please stop being retarded, dynasty.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Fully agree with this. Read the Chinese raws for the next 2 chapters and seriously? Guys, if you're waiting for a "happy" closure, you got it. But a "happy" closure in this case? It's fucking fucked up. It makes no fucking sense at all and just throws the characters into even badder light. Major spoilers ahead for 13 : Even though they made up in the end, Sacchan's attitude towards the whole thing was really flippant. LIKE WHAT THE FUCK! This is how she fucking "explained" to Ruki : "After having sex multiple times with bitchtits, I realise that I am actually a lot worse than I thought I was, yet a lot stronger too. I realise I don't have to be protected or controlled by anyone. Actually, maybe, I'd like to protect you (Ruki) instead!" OF FUCKING COURSE YOU'RE WORSE YOU FUCKING CHEATED BITCH! WOW, STRONGER IN YOUR FUCKING MENTAL CRAZINESS YOU MEAN?! OH AND YOU FUCKING REALISED YOU'RE NOT A BABY TO BE CODDLED! HOLY FUCKING NUTS CONGRATS, YOU FINALLY ACHIEVED INDEPENDENCE AFTER HAVING SEX WITH ANOTHER PERSON FOR ONE WHOLE MONTH! AFTER BREAKING HER HEART YOU WANT TO GO PROTECT HER NOW?! PLEASE GET THE FUCK AWAY AND PROTECT HER FROM YOU INSTEAD! The whole shitstorm was unbelievable, but the most unbelievable thing was, Ruki accepted her back when Sacchan didn't even provide a single fucking apology. Like, oh my god what in the world is wrong with you girl? She cheated on you with the same girl the whole month every single day and you accept her back just because she says she wants to "protect" you from now on? WHYWHHYWHWYWHWY! Clearly she wasn't apologetic for her actions and you just take her back like this?! This whole "happy ending" is so screwed up I'm gonna puke my tears out. All in all, there's no other words to describe how things wrapped up other than ABSURD. Dear Amano Shuninta, I've always loved your works and I will definitely continue reading your future works but I'm never touching this work of yours ever again I'm sorry.

Maybe in Feelings We All Must Endure 2 we'll get Ruki being wooed after from her controlling and unpleasant girlfriend for someone who loves her.

Juice
Nostalgia discussion 24 Dec 02:31
joined Jul 31, 2013

I just realized that Kyou went into nursing school after Takuto died when she was in high school. Awww

joined Jul 31, 2013

It's pretty rare to see such frankness when discussing feelings like this. It tells its story concisely, and the humor and art is good and eye-catching. You realize you're just reading a doujin, right? The day I get that uptight about yuri is the day I kill myself.

joined Jul 31, 2013

Re: that translation note about loli content

Does this mean Maika doesn't get much focus for the rest of the manga, or just that she doesn't get as naked as the rest of them? I hope she sticks around because she's (obviously) paired up with Yuuri, but I don't know how she could do that without getting involved in the BDSM antics that happen seemingly every chapter. I could take or leave the lewd stuff, but my heart can't be denied a good pairing.

joined Jul 31, 2013

This got updated, if someone wants to upload it: http://zoid9000.tumblr.com/post/102246601272