Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Out of curiosity, though, why wouldn't you re-order the chapters to match their position in the anthology?

Hmm, I really thought I did. Guess I missed it? Fixed now, anyway, thanks!

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 09 Dec 00:31
joined Mar 20, 2013
44661293_big_p10

Love Live! week, starts now!

OrangePekoe Admin
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 09:42
joined Mar 20, 2013

Just want to note that my mistake from many chapters past, when I said Mei had a harem, has been justified. Mei now officially is at the center of two different love triangles!

When you can't find new tropes to abuse, recycle the old ones! And no, I don't hate Citrus.

joined Mar 20, 2013

side note : theirs a grouping for these but when u click on it the ch.s arent in there...?

If we move them over, we lose the comments. Not quite sure how we're going to handle that.

OrangePekoe Admin
Omake Hon discussion 06 Dec 01:11
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yamada Ako is really good, this was really cute. Food for the soul!

It's weird to me that there aren't many doujins focused on Moemura. There's so much unexplored territory there, especially in terms of relationship dynamics...it was good to see that flashback in this!

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 06 Dec 01:04
joined Mar 20, 2013
28a851fa1fd9ae553bce4b80762f759e

Ugh, I want more of them ;_;

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

^x2

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I don't follow this series, so I'm quite confused about how this should be tagged. Help welcome.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

First off, thanks to Deruaz for putting in multiple requests, even if it took a really long time for us to get to it. We didn't really know how best to upload it - the anthology original bits don't make a cohesive story, and uploading the whole anthology means removing title pages and such from the original releases.

So, I chose to upload the newer bits where they ought to go as far as the anthology numbering was concerned, and keep the original releases for the material that would've otherwise been released. Please let me know if I missed anything.

Also, something I think the anthology format helps drive home - artistic evolution! Wow!

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 4:39PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Het discussion 05 Dec 11:29
joined Mar 20, 2013

Also, most of the good het is already licensed anyways.

I disagree...though more is certainly being licensed now, so in a year or so you might be unequivocally correct.

So if somebody wants to see more het, then they just need to actually put in upload requests and see how it goes.

To be fair, many non-yuri upload requests are left to sit a while. When not due to scanlator difficulties, they're usually a) very long and thus a hassle to work with, and b) low-priority when compared to yuri/subtext-y things.

(Having said that, it might be nice Dynasty hosted the Shigisawa Kaya stuff that was running in Rakuen, since we've already got some of her older stuff...)

This will absolutely get done! It's been on the list since Blue Flor allowed us to begin hosting their work, but I haven't had the time/interest in going back to re-read (or read for the first time) most of them.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

So yeah, that's a thing. I don't really know what to say about it, other than, edgy. We could really use an Edgy tag, I think.

Anyway, PSA time! The translator is interested in continuing this series if they can find an editor to help out. Prospective helpers can get in touch by e-mail, or poke me on IRC.

Everyone else, enjoy, yadda yadda

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 1:51AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Anime season 05 Dec 01:24
joined Mar 20, 2013

Also been enjoying Chaika

Dropped it somewhere in the first season, but have a small question: Did it ever go full harem?

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 1:24AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Uploaded because Asaka Takashima.

Also, it's pretty okay minus some poorly paced middle bits and cancelled thing.

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 12:41AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 04 Dec 18:11
joined Mar 20, 2013
Nicca-%e3%81%8a%e5%a7%ab%e6%8a%b1%e3%81%a3%e3%81%93

Very clever!

last edited at Dec 4, 2014 6:15PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 04 Dec 18:03
joined Mar 20, 2013
Nicomaki_negi3sai_reworked_gif

Animated is the best tag ;_;

Note: This is a re-worked GIF version of the original mp4 - removed frame 18 as it caused stuttering problems.

last edited at Dec 4, 2014 6:04PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 04 Dec 17:54
joined Mar 20, 2013
47282980_p0

Slice of Life images. Delish!

I am utterly floored by how drastically this artist has improved in the last ~9 months. It's really something.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hmm, my bad? Fixed, not really sure how that happened. Thanks.

Are you using Mega's official addon? I know that on Firefox at least it basically locally caches everything that it can which results in the url looking like that.

No, I am not. Best guess is that the scanlator/requester used that link and I copy-pasted without thinking.

Thanks for the thought though.

last edited at Dec 4, 2014 5:49PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hmm, my bad? Fixed, not really sure how that happened. Thanks.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Well I hope that you get it soon then, and that you scan it. Completeness of doujins is always nice (: Also how do you plan to update it so that people know that there's additional stuff?

We would most likely run the original through a round of QC, TL the extra pages, re-edit everything - better source - and re-upload it with a spiffy new release date, slap on the front page, etc.

The name threw me off xD I'm guessing it's the print version of that doujin?

Yeah, something like that.

OrangePekoe Admin
Their Story discussion 04 Dec 11:32
joined Mar 20, 2013

The tag does make it clearer, but the tag's also a bit of a spoiler.

Give the potential confusion, I was okay with this. I was tempted to title it, "What She Thought Would Happen" just to make it clearer.

The chapter division in general is rather artificial, so I would probably agree with the folks on IRC*—rather than keeping each update as a separate chapter, it would make more sense to collapse the previous updates into chapter 1 and just keep the newest update as its own chapter.

I actually don't think that was the motivation behind what they were saying, but it's kind of difficult to explain now. I'm not quite sure how I feel about this, but the benefit behind sparse releases is that there is plenty of time to think about how we can handle this.

In fact, you could probably remove the chapter numbering altogether and just have "Their Story" and "Their Story [(Date) UPDATE]".

I can say without reservation we'll be doing this from now on, thanks for the suggestion!

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 04 Dec 11:07
joined Mar 20, 2013
Brvniwscqaacb33.jpg%20large

Uhm, after re-visiting the previous night's comment, I would just like to clarify that I am very dumb about certain innuendos. "Box of tissues" was meant to imply that I was brought to tears by cute art/shipping feels...not...something else...

heavy blushing

last edited at Dec 4, 2014 2:39PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 04 Dec 01:16
joined Mar 20, 2013
Brvniwscqaacb33.jpg%20large

Ugh, browsing through this artist's twitter was difficult. I went through at least one box of tissues. Too much cute art >_<

The spirits tell me there will be more NicoMaki tomorrow as well.

last edited at Dec 4, 2014 2:14AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Image Comments 03 Dec 23:17
joined Mar 20, 2013

So this series is pretty bad then heh and almost watched the anime last week I'm glad I didn't...

No, don't just take everyone's word for it. The series is not a harem, and Touma is barely relevant and easily ignored in S1. You can safely skip Index and miss out on nothing. Beyond "lol funny pervert Kuroko" there is plenty of subtext between Uiharu and Saten, and there is other gay to be had throughout.

Yes, the main character is tsundere for an idiot and the lesbian is played for comedy. Those facts do not make the series "sick," nor do they make it a must-avoid for yuri fans. If you're looking for cool schoolgirls doing SoL things while kicking ass, Railgun is a pretty safe bet. It's exceptionally easy to watch the first episode or two to figure out if it's for you or not.

/blog end.

last edited at Dec 3, 2014 11:20PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Is there any new information on the print version?

The version with extras was available for some time used, and I'll eventually get a copy of it (maybe even to scan, who knows).

Otherwise I found an untranslated work from this author http://g.e-hentai.org/g/510288/e21f67e419/ It's a HomuMado.
And another one that is a collaboration between this author and another, but some might not like it since it's futa, though there are mentioned mushrooms? http://g.e-hentai.org/g/727932/324cb5709d/

I don't know which people to bug xD I've seen /u/ or something translate, that's 4chan right?

There's nobody to bug. None of the folks on /u/ or anyone else from anywhere else have displayed any interest in scanlating further works by this artist.

Lastly, your first link should be here, in English: http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/engagement_ring#2

last edited at Dec 3, 2014 9:52PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Their Story discussion 03 Dec 19:01
joined Mar 20, 2013

I think it flows better (making it easier to understand) if ch 1.5 and 2 were together, just as one.

I really thought the Wishful thinking tag would help people get the idea. Meanwhile folks on IRC asked me to change chapter 2 to 1.5. I will wait for more opinions, but in the end, there is no clear solution in sight.