Forum › Posts by OrangePekoe

OrangePekoe Admin
Yuri Danshi 19 Feb 10:38
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Talking about stealing translation, something that always left me perplexed, does uploading somewhere a manga that was licensed causes too much problems? I found few licensed mangas or light novel uploaded, so I was wondering if it is because it would cause problems with the law or if anyone didn't want to do that.

Typically the company that did the work will send the uploading parties a cease-and-desist order, "Stop or we'll sue you." So it violates copyright law, yes. Moreover, few people feel the need to upload licensed material if it can be purchased easily; it's not a particularly nice thing to do.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

sobs.... sniff....hic-

It was beautiful. I know a lot of people said it was overly dramatic, but it was a really good climax. Totally reminded me of my first love, sob. Too bad she hates Morinaga Didn't even feel that out of place, given how quickly everything boiled over.
I also highly doubt Miu was having any actual suicidal thoughts. It's hardly unheard of for people to think or say or do things they don't mean in that context (let alone a 14-year old kid). I mean, I've been there, and I've had pretty similar thoughts (lol), but not once did I honestly think things would be better if I were dead. "I want to disappear" is much less "I want to be dead forever and forever" than it is, "I want this all to go away; I screwed up everything." But, it's all a matter of interpretation I guess.

The best moment was the mom saying "go to France and get married"(!), and the last page was totally woah! Really Morinaga, how....lewd....o.o......

last edited at Feb 18, 2015 4:13PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

Sigh. I thought this was a topic about cooking, oh well...

OrangePekoe Admin
Kuma 2014 discussion 16 Feb 22:53
joined Mar 20, 2013

Ah, thanks... wait how can Kuma not know about this place? Does someone else post Kuma's wrok or...?

Going to respond here rather than the Henceforward thread (more appropriate, I think...)

I contacted Kuma by way of her pixiv, asking if she would allow us to host her work here. She graciously complied with our requests - as such, I post her art/comic(s) here. She knows of us, but I'm not under the impression she visits much. If you want to get in touch with her, her pixiv or tumblr pages would be the best ways to go about it!

Edit: And thanks to commentator for pointing this out for me!

last edited at Feb 16, 2015 10:57PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Came for the fluffy valentine's day chapters...left right away because there were none :(

OrangePekoe Admin
Yurihouse is dead 11 Feb 13:10
joined Mar 20, 2013

Really sorry to hear this, really just hoping everyone comes out of it okay. That's the important thing, whether they decide to give it another go or not.

Lord...
If something happens to Dynasty Reader, how do we do to not lose sight of everybody?

Nothing's going to happen to us.

last edited at Feb 11, 2015 1:10PM

OrangePekoe Admin
Tamamusi discussion 10 Feb 22:01
joined Mar 20, 2013

Blue Sky Love or Fuyu no Shi probably. Though many of her works copy AKB names/character traits so it could be any of them, really.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

So I guess I'll be doing this again. The 3rd part is missing xD Again I have it if you can't find it.

Scanlated by Yurikai, we're not allowed to host it. Link to their reader, for those interested. Thanks for your efforts regardless.

last edited at Feb 10, 2015 11:33AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Poll #6: Snow? 10 Feb 02:21
joined Mar 20, 2013

Darn. For a second there, I thought somebody brought the polls back. Oh well.......

sobs

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Heh, good guess. I was going to suggest the Madoka Official art. Though, I suppose my avatar does kind of give it away.
I know there's an upload section, but I'll just do it here for the sake of convince, feel free to edit this post if you see fit.

No, this is good, thanks.

And if you do decide to make this a regular thing, I would also suggest some type of Official Art tag just for the clarity.

Yes, that would be good. Maybe I'll look to do more in the next week or so, and that will justify the tag a bit more.

Thanks for the timely reply, sorry I didn't quite do the same.

No problem, my turn for lateness. In any case, they're up now, sorry for the delay.

OrangePekoe Admin
Lily Love discussion 09 Feb 12:39
joined Mar 20, 2013

It would be great if people could share the name of the yuri artists they are aware of from their country.
Seems like all the goodness come from Asia.

Waiting for the day Western artists will get into it.
(I barely like the European/American's way of drawing comics tho......)

They already have, more or less.

I'm from Philippines and we have the first commercially published GL, World Canvas by Godley Malabanan, written in Tagalog.

It has its own PV actually: http://youtu.be/huqxAjVvb9M

Woah, that looks cute as heck. Thanks for sharing!

last edited at Feb 9, 2015 12:54PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

All of this BuCap keeps pushing me closer to the point of wanting to learn Mahjong and reading the Saki manga.

So you want to be a professional mahjong player who doesn't wear panties, eh?

It's dangerous to go alone, take this! (and this)

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 1:11PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

A sequel to this, thanks to telamon for pointing out we were missing it.

last edited at Feb 8, 2015 11:07AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Yes, but I managed to fix it. Thank you for the report, and sorry for the trouble. It seems there was some problem with the original zip, but I've replaced it and it appears to download fine now. I've asked our admins to reset your download limit count, but I'm not quite sure that's possible, or that they'll be able to do it in a timely manner (either way, it's just 24 hours).

In the meantime, use the release post to get it: http://www.ghostyuri.com/2009/04/lucky-star-doujin-100-d-drive-kagamin-courtesy-of-u/

OrangePekoe Admin
Noise discussion 06 Feb 13:19
joined Mar 20, 2013

Just going to say it looks like you uploaded the un QC'd version.
The copy on exhentai has fixed typos. http://exhentai.org/g/782309/eaee8836d5/

Yep, thanks, should be fixed now!

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

what i want to ask is can i uploaded his work here? of cource the artist is fully know about it, he want to his work can reached more reader and of couce to promoting himself.

Would you mind if I pm'd the artist on pixiv first to confirm this first? I'm sorry we haven't had the chance to look it over, but I'd like to clear it with them before continuing. (and thank you, by the way)

Is there a specific reason you do not host official art in the images section?

We do, it's just not a focus. There is some official YKA, Nanoha, and Saki art (as well as some from lesser known manga series). Feel free to request or point out pieces you'd like to see up. Even a vague, "Madoka Official Art" request could be enough in this case.

Edit: Reminder to myself to check this topic again later to respond to some older ones.

last edited at Feb 6, 2015 1:08PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

You guys seriously need to chill. If you're that upset over a manga, please move on to other series you have an interest in. It's getting increasingly frustrating reading such comments on a manga I genuinely like.

x2.

Actually, x3, x4, and x5 for other people I'm comfortable saying that for, who've chosen to avoid the comments for this specifically because of the rage at hand.

I'm not against negative commentary in the least, but enough is enough. Amano is not suddenly the antichrist because she wrote a harsh, realistic series. Even if things are as bad as some make them out to be, does literary justice really exist in the real world?

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 04 Feb 23:45
joined Mar 20, 2013

As much as i'm lovin' and enjoying this manga i am starting to wonder when exactly is it going to get to the point? Be it yuri or not, an romance manga or not, it does currently feel like it's just turning over without actually doing much. Again, don't get me wrong, i'm loving getting to know these characters but when is something actually going to happen to them?

Stretch is not about what is happening to the characters, it's about what has happened to them. All the drama generated has been through flashbacks or relates to the past in one way or another. It's highly doubtful Ran or Keiko will face much drama in the present until they are at peace with their past.

In other words, I'm not particularly sure anything ever will happen to them!

last edited at Feb 4, 2015 11:46PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

I have a question, hopefully is not annoying... anyone knows when are the rest chapters getting uploaded on dynasty?

Your English is great, don't worry about it!
The rest of the chapters will be uploaded when they are QC'd and posted in the "final english release" folder here. Unless the group has some other preference, that's what we've felt best doing thus far.

OrangePekoe Admin
Girl Friend discussion 04 Feb 12:16
joined Mar 20, 2013

This was requested, but it's already here.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Idk anyone else of power :p.

Poor drpepperfan :(

So Nez "Master of NTR" - "Mod"? XD

Well, she is my secondary love interest, and now apparently kouhai's too. There's only one way for this to end.

Wait how is this related to ll:sif?

A certain cute kouhai is not immune to hijacking threads for her own nefarious gains. Thankfully we have a very responsible moderator who will keep this from getting out of hand.

last edited at Jan 31, 2015 11:22PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nez is always the love rival :<

OrangePekoe Admin
Their Story discussion 29 Jan 02:33
joined Mar 20, 2013

The bottom panel is missing on page 11.

http://yaoi-blcd.tumblr.com/post/107696419980/01-10-2014-update-from-tan-jiu-translated

Thanks so much for the heads up! Fixed.

last edited at Jan 29, 2015 2:33AM

OrangePekoe Admin
Their Story discussion 29 Jan 00:24
joined Mar 20, 2013

Finally, an update!

The Christmas strip was left off and will be uploaded to the gallery later (it was too confusing chronologically, Imo). This delay was brought to you by: People who don't know how to credit things and faulty Photoshop.

Thank you for your patience!

OrangePekoe Admin
Stretch discussion 28 Jan 21:26
joined Mar 20, 2013

Brutal :(

So will this have hetero in it? I saw the het tag on it, so someone please tell me this isn't just a tease, and will end up like Love Lab where it freaking went from Yuri to Het half way through the freaking show.

We only tag specific chapters when the het is confined to those specific chapters. The series is being released right now; there's no way of knowing what future chapters will hold, or how the story will end.