Forum › Posts by Dark_Tzitzimine

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 03 Dec 01:28
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

use the spoiler code please!
rage because everyone thought there would be some progress I know the chapter isn't bad but that ending ugh

There WAS development

Past arc was to get some development for Mei, now is Yuzu turn. And I wouldn't be too worried by the end, is highly unlikely that Mei will show any legitimate interest on Sara (or anyone but Yuzu, really)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Finally some development, neat.

And Morinaga is fan of Shaun of the Dead!!!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 03 Dec 01:22
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

OK I hope my last comment wasn't too suspicious...well if it was here's why...
https://www.mediafire.com/?xcj75q9ccceyjwc tadah~ early release for you! made by well me. Enjoy and probably rage too.

I should probably give proper credit to whoever did the spanish translation but no credit was found I might add that later.

If there's any glaring errors point it out and I'll fix it, just don't expect it to be in par with Yuri Project since I translated a translated version.

Why rage exactly?

It was a very solid chapter, the new pair will work nicely as contrast to Yuzu and Mei while the presumed crush will also spark more development on our heroines.

Yuzu's reaction was also perfectly understandble given previous developments.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 03 Dec 01:11
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What loose ends are there left besides Mei and Yuzu getting together anyway? From the beginning, the major problem was Mei's issues with her father and they've solved that. Sure, there is that issue of "oh they are sisters, this is wrong!", but that doesn't need a love triangle to solve. I think it should have ended a chapter or two after Mei patched things up with her father. Mei really warmed up to Yuzu by then and I think a couple of chapters solely focusing on their relationship WITHOUT 3rd party characters, would have wrapped up everything nicely.

Now you're oversimplifying things here. Mei's issues with her father were important but far from being her major problem, that would be her lack of direction and determination. She does what people expected from her, not what she wants.

Having Mei suddenly become all smiles and hugs would be bad writing since it doesn't mesh with her characterization.

The fact they are stepsisters isn't an issue either, Yuzu's just worried that she's taking advantage of the situation to get closer to Mei.

Other thing worth noticing is that the series now has an ensamble cast, and while Mei and Yuzu are the linchpin that brings everyone together the remaining character are as important like them. With that in mind, we still have loose ends regarding Himeko and Harumin (Harumin's sister being the most intriguing so far).

The series has also adopted a serial format, and new characters serve as motivators to explore new angles with the cast while also causing development for them, therefore, I doubt we will see the ending any time soon.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

All things considered, they're still really good drawings but is weird to see the ribs like that. I like when she draws the girls with muscles (like Yuugi) or plumpier.

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=45375094

This is my favorite piece of work from her. Asuka and Homura look real pretty and healthy (plus the whole thing is just dripping with love) Literal and figuratively.

Something I just noticed with this work, men doesn't exist on Yohane's works.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was adorable.

Something I really like of Yohane is how all of her characters have a truly distinctive body type and face. Shame that she leans towards the skinny body type though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Opapagoto discussion 02 Dec 18:05
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Comedy is very subjective, what some people find hilarious, others don't (that's why I think is the hardest genre to write).

I found the whole thing very endearing and hilarious because I started seeing a family and not a group of girls pretending to be one. They're a bunch of really great method actors.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Opapagoto discussion 02 Dec 17:37
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Ah but that is the thing, a productive discussion needs to keep in mind the limits and tone of the matter at hand. So far the discussion angle didn't mesh with the series tone or goals. There's nothing so far that indicates this is nothing more than a silly premise meant to amuse the reader, there's no intent to make an statement or believable characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Stretch discussion 02 Dec 17:31
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

So we don't keep derailing this thread, I posted my answers on the Citrus thread.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 02 Dec 17:30
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It's not about who the characters are, its the writing itself... it is terrible specially when looking at the sources of drama and how everything develops, character's actions and behaviors are nonsensical and feed into the terrible drama. It is a bad soap opera.

Comparing Citrus and Stretch, even if not exactly of the same genre, it is pretty obvious that Stretch is far superior in writing quality.

Not really, characterizations have been solid and consistent through all the series and frankly most of the so called drama isn't treated as such by the characters.

When was the last time you were in high school? Citrus started out mediocre, got good for one arc then turned pure dogshit as it continued way past the point it should have.
You are never going to convince me anything individual elements in that series were any good.

Also what flips said.

I finished HS like six years ago but my brothers are on that age and the places where I go to play videogames/YGO or where I buy comics/figures has a pretty steady presence of High Schoolers.

In any case there was never a clear endpoint for the series and so far, there's still loose ends to tie so it's kind of silly to presume that it should've ended already.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Opapagoto discussion 02 Dec 17:19
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

If Citrus is your idea of realism then your reality might need a tune up. 0_o

That's how everyone at high school is, every mistake is the end of the world and crushes are the most important thing on the universe.

I never have much expectation for realism after the first chapter. Everyone is just reading into the story too much. This is for pure entertainment and I am having so much fun reading each chapter. They never fail to crack me up at least once!

Exactly, this is just fun.

last edited at Dec 2, 2014 5:19PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
Stretch discussion 02 Dec 16:27
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

You're being way too harsh. They're high school girls and having dramas about everything is just like they are.

And hell, Keiko wasn't that different to Mei on High school.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Stretch discussion 02 Dec 15:49
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

They're equally good, the difference is that once is focused on adults and the other on teenagers. With that in mind, the characterization of everyone makes perfect sense and is easy to create attachement to the characters.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Opapagoto discussion 02 Dec 14:43
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This is adorable, definitely following this series.

Now about the complaints, unless you guys have already read the story I would suggest to wait for the story to develop and then complaint. Also, is somewhat ironic that you guys complain about the premise being so unrealistic and then go saying that everything will lead to the "they're only gays on school" narrative. I mean, the story is nuts already who's to say everything will keep being nuts?

And really, if you want realism go to read Stretch or Citrus.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Am I the only person who likes this series? It's just lighthearted humor and fanservice, with interesting and surprisingly well thought out monster girl designs. Hardly the worst of the harem genre.

I really like it, specially because they try to present plausible explanations regarding the Monster Girls customs and anatomy. Add that Kimihito is fantastic lead, a great art, tons of humr and you have a winner.

Dark_Tzitzimine
DODO discussion 02 Dec 01:38
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Now that you mentioned it, no, it hasn't been posted here.

The Touhou wiki has until chapter 22 while here we're on chapter 14

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Wild_and_Horned_Hermit

Dark_Tzitzimine
Stretch discussion 01 Dec 20:28
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Considering that a sizeable amont of comments here are about how much Shou is baiting us, I wouldn't say that there's pure love in this thread.

Dark_Tzitzimine
DODO discussion 01 Dec 16:52
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Since when is Kasen an oni?

It was confirmed with the last WAHH (the one where they do that bean throwing festival)

last edited at Dec 1, 2014 4:53PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Such a chill story.

I do hope all the stories on the compilation are eventually translated though (I'm very curious about the KeiMoukou and Yukari ones).

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That's it?

Man, what an underwhelming ending.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

As she seems to focus on unconventional pairings for most of the works, something as standard as MeiSaku is far down the pipeline.

Also, glad someone made use of my scans - there's Touhou Seichou - Rakuami no Hara and Touhou Seichou - Riyou no Sazameki left from her releases this year however. I hope someone do them as well.

Wait, She?

Yohane's female?

last edited at Dec 1, 2014 3:23PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

I wasn't ready for that final pin up.

Now I want every character replaced by tall and atletic girls :P

Dark_Tzitzimine
DAI HARD discussion 01 Dec 13:13
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Just gonna leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbcIF78vzo4

MANLY

Dark_Tzitzimine
Zai x 10 discussion 01 Dec 11:54
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

It seems Bomber Grape is running out of steam with this series, is far from being as funny like Nichibros.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

This chapter was pure filler, still funny but certainly a step down from the previous ones.

Here's hoping Cerea's mom is on the same league as Mia's