This is such a weird addition.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Fragtime discussion 11 Dec 00:08
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Aw, that was adorable

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

There are pinups that follow the plots of her doujins or that reference other pinups (like every work with Youmu or Byakuren) though. And even if they're isolated, they're still pretty NTR focused.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

God DAMN that first happy Suwako face!

You know, people talk so much about Yohane's strengths. The diversity of body types, the all-girl world, the boobs, the creative pairings and all that. But I think what Yohane does best, every time, is draw such deeply happy girls. And not just drawing a silly smile, but really making the reader understand that this girl is 110% in love, plus tip, and that's a wonderful thing.

Is very interesting to contrast her doujins with her pin ups where NTR is a constant theme. It seems that on her headcanon those fluffy relationships are temporary and eventually everyone starts fucking everyone. Alternatively, she just likes to draw very horny lesbians.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 10 Dec 00:36
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Have you not gone to high school? It's not unusual for people to confess their love to people they barely actually know.

Not the strongest argument, kids on high School (specially those with self worth issues) can also crush on someone for years.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Stretch discussion 09 Dec 18:00
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Well, Ran's sister can always show up and try to get Keiko for herself.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

They're still doing it for different reasons though.

Is not as much that they want to kill themselves as that they want to deliver a message disregarding any obstacle.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 09 Dec 01:29
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Also, is it just me, or nearly every time a new character appears things more or less go to hell?

Not exactly, Himeko was pretty inofensive and ended becoming part of the supporting cast, Harumin is Yuzu's bestie, Matsuri was the only trying to stir some shit but Yuzu never realized and Mei handled her pretty well.

Sara so far seems to be a pretty nice kid and unless her sister turns out to be Yandere I don't think they will affect negatively to the plot.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Awwwww, that was freaking adorable

And Mikan has finally given up to the Yuri side.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was a hell of a cliffhanger. Although I didn't fully understand what was her "business" about.

Really looking forward for more of this

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 21:47
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That you could sympathize a bit with some characters of the aforementioned mangas doesn't change that there were still huge parts of them, which seemed as unnaturally dramatic and forced as Citrus. My point is: the main problem Citrus presents, which I think is what most people don't see and thus don't get why there's all this drama, is that there is almost 0 common ground between Mei and Yuzu, which is what is different from an overwhelming lot of other manga. Fumi and Akira: childhood friends; Kazama and Sumi: childhood friends; Mari and Akko: pretty similar personalities; Yuki and Kana: twins, known each other for their entire lives. Mei and Yuzu: step-sisters, who don't share a past together, have lived completely different lives until they met and are polar opposites of each other. This is the base, that was presented for them. It should've been pretty clear from the beginning, that it's gonna be a tough road. Mei has no idea how to properly convey her feelings to someone. Until recently, she didn't even understand that it's ok to do so at all. She's used to being a marionette, used to doing what other people expect from her. She only just recently learned, that this isn't how it has to be. That doesn't mean that she suddenly understands everything and can tell Yuzu, in a way this damn airhead won't misunderstand, what she feels. Not taking the lead and allowing Yuzu to take control, for a character like Mei, is a pretty big change. Yuzu, on the other hand, is always straight-forward and has a clear idea in her head of how she wants her first love to be like. Since Mei doesn't fit in this ideal picture, yet Yuzu is madly in love with her, isn't it understandable, that she's terribly confused? She's always having doubts about both, Mei's as well as her own intentions. She still thinks her love for Mei is one-sided, which it clearly isn't. Those 2 girls are so unlike each other and so incredibly inexperienced when it comes to love and relationships, that it would feel a lot less real if there wouldn't be drama and misunderstandings. And why is it so unnatural, that other people play a role in their development? I don't like how people always scream and rage about love triangles when there hasn't even been a single actual love triangle until now. I mean. Yuzu was never interested in Matsuri and Mei was never interested in Himeko. And I doubt that either of the 2 is gonna develop feelings for Sara or Nina, so yeah...

EXACTLY!

Having Mei and Yuzu become the perfect idiot lovebirds would be bad writing, they're sorting their MASSIVE issues little a little with each new character serving as the catalyzer for those changes. And c'mon people, let's be honest here. Back in High School no one came out telling you to cut the crap before you changed/matured?

For those bothered about the two months of silence between the two of them, have you never got in a fight with a family member/couple that got you not talking to them for months? (and no, sharing a bed doesn't really mean a thing. I've shared plenty of times a bed with a co-worker and that didn't made us closer)

Frankly, it seems that bashing Citrus is just the trend with very few people actually bothering to see that there's an overarching arc for our protagonist and instead just taking the easy way to yell "is crap and full of cliches!".

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 10:54
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Okay this has been bugging me for a while now, how exactly this can be a love triangle when neither Yuzu nor Mei show interest on the so-called third wheels?
I mean, you don't call being in a relationship when a character is pinning for someone that doesn't even know of the former feelings.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 01:55
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Let me tell how much I didn't see that coming.
/END SARCASM

Seriously tho, it was Christmas when they had the fight. The next page was February. SO THEY BASICALLY DIDN'T TALK FOR TWO MONTHS!? OVER THAT!? Thats just fucking stupid. Sorry but that time gap is just WAAAAAAAAAY too big.

Eh, I've lost years long friendships over smaller things. We can be so stupid sometimes.

last edited at Dec 7, 2014 1:56AM

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 07 Dec 00:49
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

@Dark_Tzitzimine:
As a response to "therefore, I doubt we will see the ending any time soon."
If I'm not mixing it up with one of the other mangas I'm currently reading, I think I've once read somewhere, that Citrus is planned to have 3 volumes. Right now, I think we're halfway through volume 2, so judging by the length of volume 1, I guess there'll be 6 or 7 more chapters until it ends. So I guess, if the release schedule remains the way it is, it'll end sometime in fall 2015. o.o
That aside, personally, I don't think Mei is upset simply because Yuzu rejected the sexy time. I think it's more about how she interprets the meaning of Yuzu's rejection. Remember the other time when Mei tried to seduce Yuzu and got rejected? She didn't react that upset back then. However, this time she was trying to really open up to Yuzu and convey her feelings. She wasn't forcing her or making rash advances, she was offering herself and allowed Yuzu to take the lead. Yuzu however, rejected her since she seemingly wasn't ready for this level of intimacy yet. But to Mei it must have felt like Yuzu didn't only reject the sex, but also the chance of "taking a peek inside Mei's heart." I speak from experience when I say that getting your feelings rejected like this feels like a slap in the face and even though it's unreasonable to be mad at the person who rejects you, for a while it simply won't be possible to act like everything's ok around them. I think Yuzu actually really hurt Mei with that rejection and now Mei might be trying to avoid Yuzu as best as she can cause it hurts her to be around Yuzu. That's just my interpretation though.

You might be onto something, Mei was definitely hurt by Yuzu's rejection. But the main problem is that both of them lack the maturity to truly understand their feelings for each other. Yuzu's obviously has never been in a relationship before and after years of idealizing one, she freaks. out. when happens to her. Mei on the other hand is so detached from other people that she has the subtlety of a sledgehammer when dealing with her feelings. Matsuri teached Mei the importance of being open with her feeling so I'm betting Sara will teach Yuzu the proper way course of action for a relationship (and maybe some restraint for Mei).

Haha that looks waaaaaaaay different, the spanish translation looks pretty bad now...I'll just wait next time not only because of the quality but because it feels butchered too it's missing a lot of details.

Don't be so hard with yourself. While some details are different the general meaning and context is the same, delivering the driving idea behind this chapter. You did a great work.

There's a difference between not being original and deliberately writing the same tropes that have been turning up in shoujo mangas for the past 15 years. It's gotten boring, 2-Dimentional and cliched, and like it or not that's a FLAW.

You're being way too harsh. I mean, at this point what story isn't derivative of another work? Hell, Yuri is one of the genres where overuse of tropes is more evident, I can count with one hand the mangas where you have relevant male characters on the plot and the sheer amount of girl's schools is kind of silly at this point.

Is the mix of the different elements that made a work what it truly sets them apart. In Citrus' case you have fantasic art, excellent (realistic in my opinion) characters and very interesting character dynamics.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 05 Dec 16:46
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

About the chapter itself: I raged on my first read because they barely talk now aka back to square one, so I was like FUUUUU. The second thing was Sara or the twins rather another "rival" feels unnecessary at this point. I don't hate the chapter but more drama coming up yay...? I just think it's been dragged

Well, that reaction is pretty normal between teenagers. I had a girlfriend that would gave me the cold shoulder if I rejected her attempts for a "sexy time". So is perfectly reasonable that Mei felt offended by Yuzu and Yuzu, being the airhead she is it hasn't realized Mei's true reason to be upset

last edited at Dec 5, 2014 4:46PM

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

There's no doubt the ending was rushed, the question is if Ichinose rushed the ending because he didn't care anymore for the story or because it just couldn't devote the same time and attention to it.

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Adorable and the art is fantastic.

But now I'm sad that there isn't more from the author :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That's why I have such a problem accepting Celtrace's Lucky Star futa stuff. It's a real-world series in the first place, with no explanation at all why Kagami is suddenly futa. NikoMaki futa would have the same level of "why is this even happening?"

I don't see how that would be a problem on a Doujin (since is anything is fair game), now if that were to happen on the actual series it would be a problem.

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Man, it does seem that Ichinose lost interest on this series at the end :/

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 03 Dec 01:41
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Yeah, it was pretty good for a quick translation. Thanks for it!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

That was fantastic

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 03 Dec 01:28
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

use the spoiler code please!
rage because everyone thought there would be some progress I know the chapter isn't bad but that ending ugh

There WAS development

Past arc was to get some development for Mei, now is Yuzu turn. And I wouldn't be too worried by the end, is highly unlikely that Mei will show any legitimate interest on Sara (or anyone but Yuzu, really)

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

Finally some development, neat.

And Morinaga is fan of Shaun of the Dead!!!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 03 Dec 01:22
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

OK I hope my last comment wasn't too suspicious...well if it was here's why...
https://www.mediafire.com/?xcj75q9ccceyjwc tadah~ early release for you! made by well me. Enjoy and probably rage too.

I should probably give proper credit to whoever did the spanish translation but no credit was found I might add that later.

If there's any glaring errors point it out and I'll fix it, just don't expect it to be in par with Yuri Project since I translated a translated version.

Why rage exactly?

It was a very solid chapter, the new pair will work nicely as contrast to Yuzu and Mei while the presumed crush will also spark more development on our heroines.

Yuzu's reaction was also perfectly understandble given previous developments.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Citrus discussion 03 Dec 01:11
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

What loose ends are there left besides Mei and Yuzu getting together anyway? From the beginning, the major problem was Mei's issues with her father and they've solved that. Sure, there is that issue of "oh they are sisters, this is wrong!", but that doesn't need a love triangle to solve. I think it should have ended a chapter or two after Mei patched things up with her father. Mei really warmed up to Yuzu by then and I think a couple of chapters solely focusing on their relationship WITHOUT 3rd party characters, would have wrapped up everything nicely.

Now you're oversimplifying things here. Mei's issues with her father were important but far from being her major problem, that would be her lack of direction and determination. She does what people expected from her, not what she wants.

Having Mei suddenly become all smiles and hugs would be bad writing since it doesn't mesh with her characterization.

The fact they are stepsisters isn't an issue either, Yuzu's just worried that she's taking advantage of the situation to get closer to Mei.

Other thing worth noticing is that the series now has an ensamble cast, and while Mei and Yuzu are the linchpin that brings everyone together the remaining character are as important like them. With that in mind, we still have loose ends regarding Himeko and Harumin (Harumin's sister being the most intriguing so far).

The series has also adopted a serial format, and new characters serve as motivators to explore new angles with the cast while also causing development for them, therefore, I doubt we will see the ending any time soon.