Forum › Posts by Joddascus

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Usually a harem story will have the first girl basically be the designated "true end", so to speak. This is interesting because you basically get a "first pair" of Sakurako and Nagisa.

Also, being poly, I can personally vouch that timid, soft-spoken types are great at collecting partners. That "I want to take care of them" factor is very powerful.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

"We'll be together forever"

My immediate thought was "And they never saw each other again-"

"So we broke up and I never saw her again, but that's just the way things go..."

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Perhaps she can compromise and become a power bottom instead lol

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

yikes

Joddascus
Image Comments 24 Jan 13:44
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019
Esafpsuxuaq52q1-orig

@ImheretoDie It IS! It's so cute. It might be the most not-subtext-y sapphic relationship in that game, honestly. Only way they could've gone harder is a kiss.

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

So this improves the chances of some poly in Virgin's Empire, yeah? Like a certain debate club, perhaps???

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

This Ara Ara Energy is out of control

Joddascus
Image Comments 21 Jan 16:54
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019
Esafpsuxuaq52q1-orig

I love that Rhea actually proposes before Byleth gets a chance to propose herself in the game. Classic double proposal lol

last edited at Jan 21, 2021 4:55PM

Joddascus
Ikoku Nikki discussion 17 Jan 13:36
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

This is a fantastic series! It's so grounded and thoughtful.

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Wow, what a giant injection of gay. Imoko OP

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Kuki's actually kinda popular, huh? Hana, Tsu (just a little, though), and now Tsu's friend

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Akiho or bust, the neighbors don't seem suited for Nakano.

Valid! Honestly, I like pretty much all of the characters and want a happy ending for everyone.

Also, I choose to believe that this is the same apartment as "Even if I Regret it". A whole apartment run by sapphics for sapphics

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I really hope this has a poly ending for the core trio. Both of the neighbors are pretty down and I think Nakano has enough love to give to both of them. And even if the neighbors aren't into each other, it seems like they'd have no problem sharing.

Poly seems like a cheat but knowing Nagisa backstory, that's the best for her, she depressed as fuck and making her more depressed will make her....well, you know

It would certainly be pretty rough to see her go through that kind of heartbreak.

Personally, if a new character showed up to pair with whoever doesn't get with Nakano in the end, that'd feel like more of a cheat to me. I like both Nagisa's and Sakuroko's chemistry with Nakano, so it'd feel like a shame for one of them to end up being rejected.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I really hope this has a poly ending for the core trio. Both of the neighbors are pretty down and I think Nakano has enough love to give to both of them. And even if the neighbors aren't into each other, it seems like they'd have no problem sharing.

Joddascus
Image Comments 05 Jan 19:52
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019
86832931_p1

Thought this was Mordred and Fran from the thumbnail lol

Joddascus
Image Comments 05 Jan 19:23
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019
86793254_p0

Add Yui for the Mom-friend Super Triad™

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

...... did this get lewder?

This is just repeating a point that I’ve made before, but I really do think this series is notable for the fact that its fairly considerable lewdness is almost entirely conceptual rather than visual—while it occasionally skirts the edges of visual ecchi (like with Koguma and Omichi in their little sub outfits), it scrupulously avoids the standard gratuitous ecchi upskirt and sideboob, etc. shots.

Also as has been mentioned before, a weirdly parallel series, albeit with a much more aware “good girl” protagonist, a more overtly perverted delinquent, and much more forthright sexual content is Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei (“Harmful Designated Classmate”), with a new chapter available on Mangadex. The basic character dynamic is not at all dissimilar, though.

Yuugai Shitei Doukyuusei is a great comparison. I think a key difference is that Miyakonojou doesn't strike me as being much of a glass cannon in the same way as Hino does. If either lead genuinely went for it, I think Hino would crumble or maybe run away, whereas Miyakonojou would accept everything and continue seeing how much she can get away with.

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I absolutely love this top vs top vibe. It's also interesting to see office drama that feels realistic (the extreme physical altercations notwithstanding)

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Well, that was...something

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Hino's got it bad, huh?

Joddascus
Image Comments 20 Dec 17:27
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019
71119169_p0

@GrimEater but not too familiar...

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

So it seems like Heidi is trans after all? Although it seems like the bio-essentialist character reactions to her are gonna go mostly unexamined. At the very least she's as grounded a character as the rest of the cast, which is nice.

Joddascus
Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

Holy shit, top Honoka has ascended.

You can definitely see the family resemblance to Kaoru here. Who knows what kind of top power their mom is hiding...

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

If 7% of the US is gay, simplistically that would mean 7% of men and 7% of women. Yes, half the initial 7% is gay female, but half the population is female, so it cancels out.

Or in graspable numbers:
1000 Americans
500 men
500 women
70 gay
35 gay men
35 gay women

35 gay women / 500 women = 7%

(Now whether the initial 7% is accurate is another matter.)

It's worth mentioning that any stats like that are based on people reporting themselves as such. Between closed folks and people not realizing that they're queer, it's probably a much larger percentage.

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I love the three leads so much.

Rin is extremely relatable and just doing her best.

Akira's doing her best, but grumpier.

And Mayuki is ascending to a being of pure thirst.