Forum › Posts by Zesc

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
87495902_p5

Love Live! Rainfall!!

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

I like the detail that the humans all look like rabbit bear things while the "monsters" look like humans. I wonder how the monster actually look

Saya no Uta, but yuri? Sign me up.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
Orihi_-1652961059781632002-img1

^ This is a reference to Yuri made me Human, an interview with the author of Otherside Picnic. It became a bit of a meme.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
Cro_pokey-1746848446164938996-img1

I wasn't really a proponent of this ship, but the recent batches considerably changed that.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
Orihi_-1652961059781632002-img1

Wait, they put girls on the bench? How is this yuri then?

last edited at Jan 16, 2024 1:45PM

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
115114270_p0

Best Beret Buddies

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

So either Ruantao was plundering Tantai Lan's smut stash for these scrolls, or Yuis at least suspecting something about the Emperor's "condition".

Also, I am going to use the Empress Dowager yelling at Qi and Yu as a meme template and nobody can stop me.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
Zy___9-1735220896808530180-img1

hiding your face to eschew temptations

I believe it's too late for that now. The temptation already got to her.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

clears throat Your Waifu is trash.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

I have a hard time thinking about this story outside of the context of the book it released in.

Knowing this was released together with Chandelier (which also deals with loss from a different angle) by the same author certainly makes for a contrast. Even though I'm unsure whether it's positive or negative.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Just voicing my disappointment that this isn't Espionage, albeit the title. Also the Prologue probably belongs into a church window somewhere.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

So I went back to the original and I don't know ... somehow this one feels more sanitized? I prefered the "grittier" (for lack of a better word) art style to this. Overall I somehow got me the feeling of watching the hollywood version of a biography versus actually reading the biography.

@meadows: I noticed that the detail of other Rike getting murdered is a lot less subtle here (partly due to the text fade); is this due to a quirk of word order in the translation or reflective of intetional changes?

Zesc
Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Cozy

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

If Nozomi was really born from Mirai, then from the moment she went back to the past, Mirai was already older than Kako, right? Normally, people are 18 years old to give birth, now Nozomi looks 3 years old, so Mirai is at least 21 years old, Kako is a first year high school student, she is 16 years old. So can we add an age gap to this manga?

I'm not sure if a 3 y/o shouldn't have slowly transitioned off of liquid food, but how do we even know that Mirai really gave birth (physically, I mean)? Perhaps science babies come from a bio-3D printer, or some other wacky shenenigans? Not much more of a stretch than assuming that teenage pregnancies do not exist.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Not sure if I agree with the active voice in the title. So far it seems like Lilah is just passively attracting girls instead of trying for any. But I guess that is a harem protagonist for you...

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

It takes a special breed of useless lesbian to propose to and marry your wife on your first date and still remain uncertain of whether she's into you.

Glad they eventually figured it out.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
Rinnscribbles-1739242238096617936-img1

Class of '09 here? Best christmas present this year.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
Hikigaya_0926_-1736299658375504362-img1

Fauna's face was me, reading this for the fourth time, wondering wtf macaroni had to do with this.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

I think it is now official that "Not thinking plans through" runs in the family. What's the empress dowager gonna do once Ming Wei also proofs unable to bear a heir?

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Whilst the chances of in-universe Yuri are vanishingly small (given the life expectancy of other girls), can we please, please get as much of this art style as possible?

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023
114148511_p0

Did they play the game on stream or is this just unrelated general memery?

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

What are the others?

Fall In Love With The Empress is another one, I don't know what the other one that's referenced would be.

I know of Female General and Eldest Princess although it is the general who is cross-dressing here (also has a dynasty tag). Else I only know of (het) otome games with that premise.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Ah yes, Historical Cross-dressing. Always scratches an itch. I'm curious if the Comedy is going to rely solely on Yu being dense though, but given the beautiful art, these two could be discussing tax law the rest of the series and I'd read it.

Chimera
joined Aug 2, 2023

Okay but what if her brother kiss someone of the Same sex?! Maybe the men of the family are also cursed, but the actual effect of the curse is to turn men into women. They can't know if he's never tried.

Well, evidently Chihaya kissed her dad when she was small, so likely her brother did the same. Frankly, I just trust the folks 3 centuries of research ahead of me.