Forum › Posts by Doctor_Hoot

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I haven't been receiving chapters from my subscribed series to my To Read list, even though I started to receive email alerts for the same. I was wondering if I'm the only one experiencing this issue, or if this is an intentional update and I'm just out of the loop...

last edited at Jan 8, 2023 10:04PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Said it before, but will say it again: Miorine's hairstyle from the back looks like a penis.

It looks more like a mushroom or jellyfish to me

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

this is just terrifying tbh

what would have happened if she hadn't remembered it on time?

Something other than the cakes would get divided into two or more slices

Hopefully their relationship would get divided into two slices

Is it just me, or wishing for a couple to split up, regardless if they have "toxic" relationship (in your PoV), in which BOTH of them doesn't mind and still love each other nonetheless, kinda weird, I still find it hilarious how people say "She/He deserve better" when the people in question wanted it in the first place, who are you to decide what's "better" for them? That's more toxic in my opinion.

me when I read Kitanai Kimi ga Ichiban Kawaii

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
Shindo9600-1609260553750597633-img1

Yeah that expression is straight out of Tamamusi manga (but it's cute)

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Though from perspective of someone who is not reading the manga and does not know she doesn't swing that way, he isn't even bad or scummy, dude's doing what the gathering is intended for - trying to hook up with a girl.

He first tried to pressure Rika into drinking. Later, when Rika was trying to leave, he grabbed her arm and tried to make her leave together with him. Even if mixers are intended for hookups, Rika didn't show any interest in him at all before she tried to leave. She was also obviously scared when he grabber her arm, and even said no, but he didn't let go of her arm until Natsuko appeared.

He was creepy, scummy, and rapey, regardless of Rika's sexual orientation or relationship status. Showing up to a mixer does not equal blanket consent to sex with any and all other participants. He either failed to realize that Rika was not interested in him, or he simply didn't care either way.

last edited at Jan 2, 2023 5:14PM

Doctor_Hoot
Cross Fire discussion 02 Jan 15:58
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

So much complaining in the comments again kekw. Not like any of you can do better.

Bro thinks he's on the team

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I think Ritsu's worst mistake here is that she doesn't go after Kyouko. The main reason why Kyouko is upset is that she feels neglected by Ritsu. Even if Kyouko said not to go after her, that would have been the quickest way to defuse the situation.

The first half of the chapter was definitely comedy, and then... soap-opera-type melodrama up the wazoo. What is this tone? But still, some of the developments are so contradictory or ironic that they are as funny as they are frustrating

• Ritsu scolds Kyouko for being rude to Makoto, but she slept through the part of the conversation where Makoto was rude to Kyouko first by refusing to accept that Kyouko is Ritsu's girlfriend

• Makoto judges Kyouko for having "bad morals" (based on her looks), but she makes a move on Ritsu and kisses her right after the latter got in a fight with Kyouko

• Ritsu vouches for Makoto having pure intentions, which is proven false very quickly

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

What if Kyouko is het?

Well, she doesn't seem to think about boys more than Miku or other girls. She might be on the ace spectrum, though. Or she's just really repressed...

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
Glacier_clear-1605446075531370496-img1

society if the blue people in the avatar films actually looked like this

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Dropping a cheesy line straight out of a shoujo manga and then running off like a scared tanuki... classic Suletta

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Always feel kinda conflicted with the prostitution tag, specially if treated in a more or less serious way like on this one. But it was ok, sweet and sexy too.
But ine thing, why are they elves? Does it add something to the plot? Why couldn't they be normal humans?

Placing the setting into the realm of fantasy can put a bit of extra distance between the story and similar situations in real life. And I guess the artist may have simply wanted to draw elves...

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Regardless, I feel like this chapter really uh... Left me behind. Was any of this mentioned before and I just forgot? It all just felt "out of nowhere".

I re-read chapter 12-13 now, and I don't see any issues. The third years who stopped attending the Aquarium club haven't been mentioned before chapter 14, I think.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Yuri about musicians is cool, but I haven't seen a lot that featured adults. Really cute artwork, too

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

based Canno

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
103919148_p0

I looked on the Pixiv page, and I'm still confused about the context. Are these costumes for work, like in a restaurant or cafe? The result of a lost bet, or a punishment game? Or did they just put on skimpy Santa outfits at home for kicks?

last edited at Dec 27, 2022 9:12PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

When Kaori suggested uploading Shizuku's new novel online, did it bother Shizuku because of the painful memory of the last time she submitted a novel online? Or because the new novel contains her true feelings for Kaori, and so she doesn't want anyone but Kaori to read it?

last edited at Dec 25, 2022 3:16PM

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The sexual tension between these two is crazy

"But here, it's okay for this tree to be something else"

"Just give the peaches to me. (...) Aren't I the chosen one?"

Something tells me they're not actually talking about fruit..

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Yes, their mutual feelings manifest in different ways compared to the shorthands we are used to. Shorthands such as blushing, stealing glances, physical closenesss, etc. It's not that their feelings are conveyed in a way that has never been done before, they're just atypical for a lesbian romance in anime. The feelings of these two are apparent from what they are willing to do for each other, and how they inspire each other to change. In addition to other bits of evidence, like the fact that they seem to take pride in being engaged to each other to a suspicious degree...

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Yes, several great faces in this chapter...

It's also kind of funny that they spend the chapter worrying about the spooky video, and then boom! Sorawo gets thrown into a van.

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017
Takao_0901-1588623898849210369-img1

Purin proudly showing off her girlfriend

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

That's a cute keychain, did your wife give it to you?

Yes.

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

The secret sexting (?) was more conspicuous than just kissing normally

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Shiori's curt sentences at the end came out all shaky and stuff. Like, barely controlled.

Yeah, she was oddly serious after she defeated Ayame... Is she angry because Hinako now knows about the blood transfer? Or embarrassed because Hinako saw her true form?

@Temp banger

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

No drama, just Asako spoiling Miyako on her birthday :3

Doctor_Hoot
Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I think the flowers Little Michi gave Aizawa-san anemones. What's up with all these anemones in yuri manga lately...