Forum › Posts by MarqFJA87

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

This series really does too much “slapstick partner on partner violence”, which clashes particularly with its actual plot. It’s a shame.

For you, perhaps. It's not excessive in my opinion.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Man, Hayate is stacked.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/our_time_together#6

What truly bothers me is the shape of this table. It's just... wrong.

Oh god you're right it looks weird

why did you do that to me

... I don't get it. It's the same triangular table from Mami's apartment in canon.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Take, for example, the hinted at ex-girlfriend of Hino-san, and whatever issues that may come along with that.

Wait. When did this happen? Why do I have no memory of this? ( @ ~ @ )

I want to know as well!

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 03 Mar 07:46
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Esflhoqu8aezvfy-orig

@Firefly Fanatic: I concur. Why does it not exist yet?!

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Froggy - san made me laugh :)

Its pretty funny but I kinda dont see why its GnP instead of an original- if you change the setting and characters SO much its basically not GnP, just another story in the same world- I think it woulda been better with new characters.

People can change drastically in the course of a few years. This is set almost half a decade before GnP proper, and from the few flashbacks to the Nishizumi sisters' younger days in Der Film, Maho was a lot more emotionally expressive as a child.

Besides, you act as if no studio or writer has ever made a spin-off where the characters' personalities are quite different (e.g. far more prone to emotional outbursts) for the sake of comedy.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

pg 23, "do you k now" -> "know"

Thank you. I'll fix that tonight !

Still not fixed.

I mean, that whole "look only at me or never talk to me again" speech did sound slightly yandere-ish…

... If that's how low your bar is for yandere behavior, then the vast majority of what most people would consider "normal jealousy" would qualify by that logic. The absurdity of that notion is easily the biggest reason why such a standard is objectively wrong.

Violence against someone you claim to love is not relatable to me.

Clearly you have not been in a situation where you became blind with overwhelming anger.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

... Is it "Mikipon" or "Mikipin"? Make up your mind already! XD

last edited at Feb 28, 2020 7:12AM

MarqFJA87
Yuri Couple discussion 24 Feb 09:56
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

And somehow Antenna-chan is the pervier one in the couple now.

last edited at Feb 24, 2020 9:56AM

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 23 Feb 10:26
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Taku

@AkinomaHNU: Probably because it's a spoiler.

@BV: Well, beyond Kuro being split off from Illya (and thus technically a "clone"), Kuro is actually Illya's original personality, so there's a reasonable argument that Kuro x Illya qualifies as "Illya having sex with herself".

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

"And bring to you the Sahara light." Snek-sama is mighty smooth.

I don't remember this line.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

4 month's for 4 pages. That's... just... i cant...

IINM there's already a lot of chapters out for this comic on Twitter, it's just that the translator team has several other series to work on.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

And now Kanda doing on purpose. AT each chapter, i will remind that Ookuma said she was ok with Kanda being a girl and so the only reason the misunderstand is still running is because of Kanda herself and her internal homophoby. But you can't go on and onlike that without any trouble. And you can't tell me nobody will call Kanda as a girl, i refuse to believe that everyone outside her family think Kanda is a boy. I just want to see thr truth being spilled by someone else and Kanda facing the consequences. And i mean reallyfacing the consequence and not some bullshit with no drama.

And I will direct you to Jeanne Mathison's earlier post on the matter.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Does anyone know what the untranslated text in Chapter 7's last couple of pages is saying?

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 15 Feb 12:17
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Ek4awsnuuaaevuv-orig

... What's with the grainy look?

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 15 Feb 12:13
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Ememtlqvuaujk5i-orig

^^ Maybe because 1) Willow has finally debuted in canon this last season, and 2) she looks very fine for someone who is well past her prime.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Well, at least Mama Niito was aware of the huge risk she was taking and Imoko was innocent all along.

That's still a dick move from Mom. What do you mean "not any other options" ? I know you're desperate about her but baiting her like that is not the best solution and if it's the only you have come with then i'm seriously afraid. You're lucky that work this time.

What other options do you see in a country where seeking psychiatric help is a much more massive taboo than almost anywhere else, and where companies are infamous for gross mistreatment of their rank-and-file employees while comparatively coddling manager-level ones to the point that the language has a specific word for "death by overwork" and divorce almost always comes hand in hand with ruining your career prospects?

It's true that Japan has taboos against psychiatric help, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the "do it yourself" remedies that people suffering from psychological problems and their caregivers try will necessarily work. I'm in the camp that believes that Neeko being suddenly thrust into a part-time job (as a result of her mother lying to her, no less) and coming out better off for it is highly improbable, and the entire experience could very well have worsened her issues.

You do realize that Mama Niito literally admitted that she knew this ploy could've backfired majorly and was fretting over it when her daughters weren't looking, right? Also, that doesn't actually answer my question, though you're not the one I was aiming it at.

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Well, at least Mama Niito was aware of the huge risk she was taking and Imoko was innocent all along.

That's still a dick move from Mom. What do you mean "not any other options" ? I know you're desperate about her but baiting her like that is not the best solution and if it's the only you have come with then i'm seriously afraid. You're lucky that work this time.

What other options do you see in a country where seeking psychiatric help is a much more massive taboo than almost anywhere else, and where companies are infamous for gross mistreatment of their rank-and-file employees while comparatively coddling manager-level ones to the point that the language has a specific word for "death by overwork" and divorce almost always comes hand in hand with ruining your career prospects?

last edited at Feb 13, 2020 4:26PM

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Still the whole point of the overreacting gag, is that the listener completely misinterprets what they have been told, hearing, something innocent and imaging something lewd. Akiho came to the right conclusion, just wrong gender. I think the fact the author thought that would be funny, reflects the author's underling feelings about lesbian sex. It implies Fuuka being sexually stalked by horrible sex crazed men, BAD! Fuuka being sexually stalked by horrible sex crazed women Okay. Otherwise what the hell is funny about it.

I think what will happen when Akiho sees that Fuuka's neighbors are both girls, is that she'll at first go "Oh damn, I was completely mistaken. They're both women, so obviously they're genuinely nice..." before sooner or later seeing one or both of the neighbors in action and go "OMFG THEY'RE LESBIANS?! SO I WAS RIGHT ALL ALONG!?"

MarqFJA87
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

I got in touch with Stan Miller, and... well, if you have noticed that a lot of Mochi's comics posted on Twitter have yet to be translated (barring established series like Yuri Natsu), then that's because Stan has no plans to translate them. Like, ever. I gathered that their plots are rather outside his comfort zone (e.g. that one comic where misuse of love potions repeatedly lead to the misuser essentially getting sexually assaulted if not raped by love potion-addled girls). Just wanted to give people here a head's up if anyone had interest in translating Mochi material but didn't want to "snipe".

last edited at Feb 9, 2020 11:53AM

MarqFJA87
Yamitsuki discussion 09 Feb 11:41
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

On behalf of Stan Miller, I regretfully bring bad news: Stan will not continue translating this comic, for what he has seen in the raws for the next few chapters goes too far out of his comfort zone.

MarqFJA87
Yuri Couple discussion 09 Feb 10:10
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Ooooohhhh, poor Hime-chan! To accidentally blurt out something insensitive because of something that you have no knowledge of.

MarqFJA87
Dear NOMAN discussion 04 Feb 18:07
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Could be that "you know what" be Mashiro's Onee san ?

That's the running theory on MangaDex, last I checked.

Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017

Hey, Jintor? Don't know if you're still reading this thread, but you misspelled "ostracize(d)" as "ostrasize(d)" in Chapter 2, pages 6 and 7.

MarqFJA87
Image Comments 04 Feb 08:05
Nodoyue_avatar1
joined Aug 7, 2017
Flanvirgin

@elevown: According to some vampire traditions, a woman can only become an actual vampire if she's a virgin when she has her blood sucked by a vampire; otherwise, she either dies or turns into a low-level undead creature, depending on the tradition.

As for the age, presumably they can just give her an age-reversing medicine or whatever after she becomes a vampire. Or maybe she can use her time-control to reverse her physical age.