Forum › Posts by Michykat

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 18 Dec 06:35
joined Jun 25, 2017

wait. are people just now coming around to the title? the first chapter explains it right away... ??

Nah, I always knew. But now that we got Ayakos point of view, and all the development between Asuka/Ayako the title does seem to imply not just half of her DNA, but potentially her other half. (soul mates/romantic)

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 17 Dec 16:57
joined Jun 25, 2017

All I want is for Ayako to be honest with herself and Asuka. That she's jealous, and most importantly she has feelings for Asuka as well????Which it looks like it's hard for her but inevitable?!!

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 17 Dec 15:14
joined Jun 25, 2017

This girl is my half.
(genetically and romantically)

The title too, I think, is self-explanatory. We have 1 (a whole, the mother) x 1/2 (half of that whole, the daughter). This story can literally be titled Mother x Daughter.

Yes! I live for this. Other half romantically and genetically. Brilliant title.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 17 Dec 15:13
joined Jun 25, 2017

Asuka: No way mom’s in love with me
Mom: *Kisses back
Asuka: Surprised Pikachu face

This is by far my favorite comment for this chapter.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 16 Dec 15:16
joined Jun 25, 2017

Ayako's pov is damn delicious (I as an observer/reader, of course). But reading her words as if they were my own, trying to own her jealousy, I felt sick. I mean I don't think I can handle that kind of emotion. I mean, those questions in her mind they'd probably drive me nuts.
Dang it, Taiyaki. You're a gifted writer.

Taiyaki is a poet.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 16 Dec 15:13
joined Jun 25, 2017

There is still some shadow part. It's not the first time Ayako said "This girl is my" without finishing the sentence.She already said it in Ch.7 so that make me wonder that she want to said, i believe it's just "Daughter" but we can't really be sure.

In Japanese, the meaning is a little different, I think.
In English, the way it sounds, it seems that the unsaid word after "my" is, like, really important. In Japanese, it's not. You say somebody is "watashi no..." and everyone gets that you are saying: "That person is mine!" No point in asking "Your what?" -- the meaningful point is the claiming of that person as one who belongs to you.

Interesting, so in Japanese it's more like "that girl is mine or she's mine." ?

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 16 Dec 15:11
joined Jun 25, 2017

Dang... I feel like this is gonna push them apart. But I’m glad that Asuka is maturing. It seems Ayako is gonna need her to be understanding in order for their relationship to deepen and progress.

I was a little confused on why Asuka would not want Ayako to keep going. It's what she's always daydreamed about... But at the same time, I understand Asuka loves Ayako truly and probably knows something is wrong? And would prefer them going further when Ayako is okay?? I don't know what's going to happen, I just hope it's Ayako/Asuka endgame.

I also do help this helps them grow closer and progress.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 16 Dec 15:09
joined Jun 25, 2017

Dang... I feel like this is gonna push them apart. But I’m glad that Asuka is maturing. It seems Ayako is gonna need her to be understanding in order for their relationship to deepen and progress.

I was a little confused on why Asuka would not want Ayako to keep going. It's what she's always daydreamed about... But at the same time, I understand Asuka loves Ayako truly and probably knows something is wrong? And would prefer them going further when Ayako is okay?? I don't know what's going to happen, I just hope it's Ayako/Asuka endgame.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 16 Dec 15:05
joined Jun 25, 2017

"That girl is my..."

Daughter?

Lover?

Partner?

Soul mate?

What is she Ayako?

"SHOW YOURSELF!!" (Elsa from frozen)

We are ready!!!

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 16 Dec 01:59
joined Jun 25, 2017

Ohh ok, wasn't expecting this. I don't know I'm kind of scared, was it a good idea to introduce this kind of trope ? Because it truly feels like it's coming from nowhere. I mean until now, nothing made it seem like Ayako has this kind of childhood or was mentally affected through her life (maybe that's how she dealt with the trauma, like nothing happened or maybe she got some help). Well, I'll trust Taiyaki and see how the story's going to evolve.

I don't understand why Asuka pulled off when Ayako deepened the kiss, I didn't expect her to react like this.

I feel like it finally answers a lot of questions actually. Like her expression less face, and her confusion with actually feeling something with Asuka, and just feeling something in general.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 16 Dec 01:55
joined Jun 25, 2017

Hmm... We just got a bit of Ayako's past...
Seems like a good time to have 3 or so flashback chapters. Each with at least two subchapters. Each with an alpha and beta part.

Mhm. Don't forget a few holiday one shots/specials sprinkled in!

Boy I can't wait till June 2021 to get back to the main story.

Honestly, i'm thankful. Taiyaki is updating as much as they can. And it is worth the wait! This storyline is everything. What I am a little impatient about is, hopefully getting an English physical copy of this manga!

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 15 Dec 22:52
joined Jun 25, 2017

Does anyone know what that object in the first page of chapter 15 is??? Is it a globe???

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 15 Dec 22:51
joined Jun 25, 2017

Bruh... this felt really short.. and she sounds like she’s getting very jealous/possessive... but now i’m really curious about the next chapter oof

jealous Ayako is actually feeling emotions! I need to wait for next chapter before I come to the conclusion that Ayako is possessive. Because we all know Asuka is. Hmmm. This just got so much better. But I also got more impatient.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 15 Dec 22:49
joined Jun 25, 2017

And also, WE GOT AYAKO'S POV!!! :,) Even though I wasn't ready for the darkness at the beginning, I'm so excited that Taiyaki finally went there. We are finally getting to know Ayako's thoughts and feelings. So, does this mean she's numbed herself of emotions because of trauma??? And she is finally feeling something with Asuka?

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 15 Dec 22:46
joined Jun 25, 2017

I've had this theory since chapter 5-ish, but I think there's finally enough evidence to put it out there. I think Ayako has special pheromones (kind of like that one yuri assassin manga that the name of slips my mind at the moment) that causes others to be attracted to her. I think her and the aunt were researching them in college to try to find a way to cure her, and somehow it ended with the brother dying. I think Ayako is humoring Asuka because she thinks that it's her fault and that she can't control her feelings for her because she's under the pheromones' influence. It's possible she's right (but I doubt it), and that Asuka has the same pheromones albeit in a smaller amount, for which Ayako is probably going to blame her attraction to her on. I figure end game is that they both get cured and find out that they do actually love each other after all; maybe the incestuous siblings will be the ones to point out that it's possible to just accidentally love each other?

What the??? Am I missing something???? This is a trip of a theory but still... If 1x1/2 becomes a Yuri science fiction, I'll take it. As long as Asuka/Ayako end up together.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 15 Dec 22:40
joined Jun 25, 2017

Thank you so much to English translaters.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 15 Dec 22:18
joined Jun 25, 2017

Did we all scream out loud at that cliffhanger???!!!! Omg, omg, Taiyaki is such a good fucking story teller. I don't care, I ship Asuka/Ayako all the way. Taiyaki wrote it so that it is not creepy in any way, but so fucking believable and so romantic. This makes me want to throw up in a good way! Lol (romance/drama overload)

joined Jun 25, 2017

These 2 are everything!!!

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 15 Dec 13:08
joined Jun 25, 2017

First half of the ch 15 was out yesterday. I think this time we are going to be done with it pretty fast.

Thanks for your hard work!

You are welcome. Also I feel like this is a perfect time to mention that Goggled Anon is translator for this manga and current typesetter is /yuri/ onee-san from Yuri Scanlations. Me? I'm just doing some minor editing and providing raws.

Both of you, thank you a ton.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 09 Dec 10:27
joined Jun 25, 2017

Wow, this makes the manga and Ayako and Asukas development so much better! Because this means Ayako also has had thoughts subconsciously before Asuka confesses. Soul mates?!

I was actually thinking the opposite, in that Asuka's body language was really obvious, yet it took Ayako until the middle of the next day (plus a hint from an unsuspecting co-worker) to put her finger on what it was. It suggests it was totally outside her thoughts (if she had feelings of her own, she probably would have jumped to a conclusion about Asuka more quickly). That's why I was wondering how obvious the delicious/oishisou ref was - ie if it was something an "innocent" mind would catch.

I have a feelng Alexrain is on the right track ( https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts/521809 ), I'm not sure I think it has been as long as the whole two years, but Ayako acts so naive/inexperienced that it seems like this may be her first time falling in love. Even as she tells herself off for acting like Asuka's [jealous] partner, until this last chapter it doesn't occur to her she is acting that way because she is feeling that way. Interesting implications for her relationship with Asuka's father, and what Ayako and Akira may have to feel guilty about. I smell a flashback coming.

Building on that theory also suggests a different angle on the kissing thing - it has been stated Ayako has a lot of experience with people having crushes on her, yet it seems her legendary coldness always kept them at bay. She never reacted to their feelings, and that put people off. In addition to her tendency to coddle Asuka, her past experience may have led her to expect that people would just lose interest if she humored them (a couple of fatal flaws - Asuka is really persistent, and Ayako does react to her).

Whoa. I really really like this. You are right! It does seem like this is Ayakos first time falling in love. That just sky rocketed the romance for me. Like, it seems a tad bit more innocent.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 07 Dec 01:00
joined Jun 25, 2017

Wow, this makes the manga and Ayako and Asukas development so much better! Because this means Ayako also has had thoughts subconsciously before Asuka confesses. Soul mates?!

Michykat
Love Wars discussion 07 Dec 00:54
joined Jun 25, 2017

Super cute!!!

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 04 Dec 01:33
joined Jun 25, 2017

Thank you for always uploading as soon as you can.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 22 Nov 10:26
joined Jun 25, 2017

PS you can buy the new chapter on Amazon. Just type in Taiyaki manga. They are raws, but I bought it anyway to support Taiyaki. She said the more support she gets financially, the faster she will update. And come on! This story is so good. She deserves it.

Michykat
1 x ½ discussion 14 Nov 15:31
joined Jun 25, 2017

I don't know if someone else commented about this (not gonna check 2000 comments), but Taiyaki did an small interview last year with a Latin American girl about her manga and her life. (it's in Spanish).
https://www.facebook.com/cynthiarth/posts/entrevista-a-taiyaki-sensei-mangaka-yurihace-unas-semanas-tuve-la-oportunidad-de/905889882869456/

Some important points:
Basically, she's a lesbian mangaka who started with Touhou and Saki fanarts. The first yuri she read was Marimite.
Her thoughts at first about writing an incest mother-daughter manga were similar to others: "it's strange/repugnant" but she also said that it's funny to make/read. She also loves age-gap stories.
What inspired her to write this manga was the novel "My man" (Watashi no Otoko) from Kazuki Sakuraba.
Her relationship with her mother is normal.
She doesn't care "that much" about piracy in other languages besides Japanese because she wants others to read her works, but it's a legal problem that must be resolved between the fans and the mangaka and that's the reason she's publishing the manga in other languages. She wants to publish it in Spanish too in a future.
She also talked about Citrus, Latin America and a what was her favorite work.

Thank you for the interview, didn't know!!!