Forum › Posts by motormind

motormind
Image Comments 29 Sep 11:09
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
83807070_p0

It's so sad how this ship got blown to smithereens in the movie.

motormind
Image Comments 14 Sep 08:09
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
56736941_p0

I can actually see Akari as part of Kyouko's harem.

motormind
Yuru Yuri discussion 13 Sep 12:43
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Somebody needs to tell Akari that she needs to stretch her legs when she has a cramp.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So that picture was taken at the Angel Road at Shōdoshima. I suspected as much. I might be going there next time i get a chance to visit Japan. And while I'm there, I may as well check out some locations from Karakai Jōzu no Takagi-san too

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

This has to be the slowest moving manga series ever.

motormind
Image Comments 21 Jul 05:12
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
81786280_p0

KyoAni allows just enough yuri to bait those who like that, only to bail before it becomes canon. They even pulled the same crap in the Violet Evergarden movie with the whole development between Violet and Amy. Annoying, but I don't think they will change this habit anytime soon.

last edited at Jul 21, 2020 5:18AM

motormind
Suito-to! discussion 28 Jun 08:15
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Looks like they'll be visiting all my favorite Fukuoka locations. Fun! I do feel kind of go back there again, but i am afraid that a lot of those places will have closed now with COVID-19 and all.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Another day, another fake-out yuri manga.

I can't even get worked up about it anymore.

last edited at Jun 12, 2020 3:29AM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Well, Sae. At least you tried.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, I love it how they go to the Sunrise Marine Town in Ito. I've been there several times, and they indeed have great spas there.

The place also features extensively in Amanchu. Hopefully this manga will turn out to be a more yuri-friendly than that one.

last edited at Jun 2, 2020 3:04PM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Truthfully, I thought this one was kind of meh. None of the characters struck me as very compelling, and I honestly even forgot what most plot lines were about. I only kept plowing through it because I kept hoping Shimura would introduce a yuri pairing, but despite many opportunities she never goes there.

Then again, Shimura hasn't really shown any interest in making a yuri manga since Aoi Hana (which I still regard as her best work by far), so I guess I'd better drop the hope that she will ever go that route again.

last edited at May 29, 2020 9:11AM

motormind
Suito-to! discussion 28 May 06:55
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

That restaurant is at walking distance from the station, so she really didn't need a ride.

motormind
Image Comments 20 May 11:09
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
Ehvqo3swkaaojef-orig

@HellAQA: Yeah, I know what you mean. When Nana said was searching for her ex-boyfriend I thought she did so to punch him in the face for dumping her and running off. But no, she actually starts dating him again. Hello? Why would you still want to date someone like that? It seemed very out-of-place for a somebody who is supposedly strong-willed and independent.

And then there's the whole debacle of Hachi getting knocked up by a total scumbag, just when she and Nana began to realize their feelings for each other.

Heteronormativity, indeed.

last edited at May 20, 2020 11:12AM

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

The what of her heart is abominable? I can't read that for the life of me.

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Striped eel catfish only swim in large groups like that when they're still young, and their venom isn't nearly as nasty as that of adults. Ah well, it's still pretty cute manga nevertheless.

I wish they would stop torturing sea cucumbers though. Really, what's with that?

last edited at Apr 7, 2020 1:25PM

motormind
Image Comments 02 Apr 06:04
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
Esgnwfuvaaagtyb-orig

Duckie!

motormind
Liberty discussion 10 Feb 13:49
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Uh... didn't Liz just get her hair cut? How could it have grown back the same evening?

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So, it's finally finished! I already read the last chapter years ago, and I kept hoping that the missing chapters would explain the sudden development between Yuu and Kanna. That doesn't happen, really. The author wastes a lot of time on that student council in what doesn't seem to serve any other purpose than to pad out the story, but hey, at least it led to a very sweet ending.

last edited at Nov 22, 2019 2:09PM

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, what a confusing mess. I really have no clue what's going on anymore. It would help if the characters wouldn't all share the same face.

motormind
Choir discussion 16 Jun 15:35
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Yeah, the Yurikamome line is a lot of fun. I have been on it several times, and the view is simply magnificent.

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Trousers? I don't see Shizuku wear any trousers. What are you talking about, Saki?

motormind
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

So, Yui has to provide for both of them? I don't see this going well in the long run, even if the sex is very, very good.

motormind
Saki discussion 21 May 15:19
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

Wow, judging from chapter 202 Toki and Ryuuka really made a lot of progress...

motormind
Image Comments 01 May 12:49
Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014
73194655_p0

Does Sayaka have black hole eyes?

Miki_closeup
joined Mar 20, 2014

The way the crowd here is basically screaming blasphemy is more than a little amusing.

Well, it's all about promises not kept. In manga an anime all too often an attraction gets established between two female characters, only for the writers to then go "Fooled ya! They don't have teh ghey. What, you think we're perverts or something?" And to drive the point home the girls either get a boyfriend, get separated forever by whatever means, or have a falling out over nothing.

And no, I absolutely don't care one iota what a writer says on Twitter or in an interview. This about what is happening within the story, and within this particular one the writer establishes a truckload of subtext between Koyuki and Konatsu, only to bail out later on. Koyuki's worries about her future would have a lot more weight in the context of her relationship with Konatsu, but the writer practically ejects Konatsu from the the story and then replaces her with some random other character. Why? It could all be down to incompetence, but stuff like this happens so often in manga and anime that I have become quite cynical.

Like I said, it is getting a bit better, but for every series that is serious about attraction between girls we get a hundred that are like this one.

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 2:39PM