Forum › WDTFS fans - off topic

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Is the original language Chinese? Do not see that often.

It is chinese. Art is really gorgeous :3 One of my favorite

I haven't delved into Persona yet, I probably should, I see it everywhere.

If you have PS4 or vita you can buy 1-5 from PS online store. 1-2 have very old graphics (the second game "Innocent Sin" and the sequel "eternal punishment" are my favourite). I have a love hate relationship with the first game. It's good but has a crappy battle system, you will be dying a lot even on the first stages of the game (just like in bloodborne or Dark Souls). 3rd game was the first made in 3D. The only thing I didn't like is that if you want to play the full story (which is Persona 3 Fes that has the original story "journey" plus the epilogue "the answer") you will need PS2 (fes is not available on other platforms as far as I know). I only played Persona 4 Golden (enhanced version of the original Persona 4 game for PS vita, new characters, events etc). Comparing to the 3rd game (gloomy and depressive at some points) this one has more positive atmosphere, the characters really work as a team.  People praise a lot the 5th game I haven't played that yet :/

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 3:46AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

It is chinese. Art is really gorgeous. One of my favorite

It is definitely unique. I am very intrigued about its story.

If you have PS4 or vita you can buy 1-5 from SP online store.

Too bad I have no PlayStation system at all. XD I could watch playthroughs of it, probably.

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 2:43AM

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Too bad I have no PlayStation system at all. XD I could watch playthroughs of it, probably.

But it will not be the same as playing :/

joined Jun 23, 2017

But it will not be the same as playing :/

Yeah, I know... :( That's the best I could do right now. No time as well.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

... :( That's the best I could do right now. No time as well.

Another thing that you can do is to watch anime based on the Persona games. They pretty much repeat the stories.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yeah Beloved has to be one of my favourites too and it's far from over. We are only just really learning about Wei's background and Ying seems to have a lot behind hers that hasn't been touched upon. The age gap is a bit miffy. I have no problems with Ying being 16 to be honest but an 18 year difference feels a bit questionable.

You can't get Persona 5 on the Vita as far as i know by the way.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Yes but the other 4 you can. All 5 should be available for SP4

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 3:32AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yes but the other 4 you can. All 5 should be available for SP4

Ah by 1-5 you were including Eternal Punishment?

joined Jun 23, 2017

Another thing that you can do is to watch anime based on the Persona games. They pretty much repeat the stories.

Like Danganropa? I watched the first anime of that and my brother actually played the game. The game seemed a lot better than the anime.

The age gap is a bit miffy. I have no problems with Ying being 16 to be honest but an 18 year difference feels a bit questionable.

16 is probably the lowest without serious ethical debates, even though there still could be some. It also depends on the age of the other party. Thinking back when I was 16, which was not too long ago... I knew so much less than I do now.
And the whole double standard thing. Wei, being a female, makes it easier to stomach.

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 3:37AM

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Ah by 1-5 you were including Eternal Punishment?

I usually count innocent sin and eternal punishment as one. Have both of them on Vita.

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 3:57AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

If you have PS4 or vita you can buy 1-5 from SP online store.

I only mentioned that you couldn't get 5 on the Vita as you said this.

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Yes. 5th is only for ps4. Again depends on what console you have.......Yeah I didn't write it correctly :/

Final Fantasy XII's HD remaster launches for PS4 on July 11

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 4:37AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

Yes. 5th is only for ps4. Again depends on what console you have.......Yeah I didn't write it correctly :/

Final Fantasy XII's HD remaster launches for PS4 on July 11

It's all good, i got a bit excited for a second haha.

I really need to get a ps4 so i can replay it again this time with the zodiac system.

joined Mar 21, 2017

16 is probably the lowest without serious ethical debates, even though there still could be some. It also depends on the age of the other party. Thinking back when I was 16, which was not too long ago... I knew so much less than I do now.

It's tough with 16 - 18 year olds, they're too old to be treated as children but too young to be treated as adults. Treat them as children and you alienate them and they rebel, treat them purely as adults and they're more likely to make stupid decisions. It was 20 years ago when i was a 16 year old haha.

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 8:08AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

It's tough with 16 - 18 year olds, they're too old to be treated as children but too young to be treated as adults. Treat them as children and you alienate them and they rebel, treat them purely as adults and they're more likely to make stupid decisions. It was 20 years ago when i was a 16 year old haha.

My brother is 16, born in 2000, just like the character, and I felt... weird when I read that at first. If a 34 year old slept with... shivers... I would not even want to think about that. I'm in my early 20s, so 16 is recent in my mind.

You are right about how teenagers feel at that age. Insecurity is a big issue and causes many outbursts and stupid decisions. I would have told my 16 year old self to not be so stupid. You think you know more than you actually do. I still have tons to learn now and am well aware that I have not experienced much in life, comparably.

Nevertheless, I still enjoy the story. There is a lot to learn about the characters, so it has my interest.

It is great to be able to talk to people in this forum with different backgrounds and life experiences. I like reading different perspectives. :) The wonders of the Internet... taken with caution, of course.

last edited at Jul 4, 2017 9:35AM

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

I really need to get a ps4 so i can replay it again this time with the zodiac system.

Es0teric, what are your favourite games (it looks like you do play)?

Like Danganropa? I watched the first anime of that and my brother actually played the game. The game seemed a lot better than the anime.

mpgpeg, I am not familiar with that game. But if interested you can try Persona 3 anime. It consists of 4 movies which is not a lot comparing to other series (like for example first adaptation of Persona 4 game has 25 episodes+OVA, a film The Factor of Hope, the second adaptation has 12 ep+OVA, also there are musicals). As you can see it will take a lot of your time to watch all of it so better play the game :3 and I agree that games are better than anime or movie adaptations.

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 1:00AM

joined Jun 23, 2017

True Evil

Haha, has there ever been a successful video game movie adaptation? I don't think so...

Once I get a PlayStation system or figure out an emulator, then I'll play it I guess. XD

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

Haha, has there ever been a successful video game movie adaptation? I don't think so...

The first Resident Evil was good....but everything after that is real trash :3

Once I get a PlayStation system or figure out an emulator, then I'll play it I guess. XD

Play Silent Hill games!!!!!!

joined Jun 23, 2017

The first Resident Evil was good....but everything after that is real trash :3

Oh yeah, I forgot about that those.

Play Silent Hill games!!!!!!

Added to the list. I will probably end up playing these games in like a year when I do not have to study for exams. But noted for the future! :D As well as Persona.

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 1:58AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

True Evil

A lot haha. RPG's , story based FPS games, horror games, third person shooters, old platformers, point and click adventure games etc.

last edited at Jul 5, 2017 2:34AM

2017-06-29%2003.19.20
joined Nov 8, 2016

A lot haha. RPG's , story based FPS games, horror games, third person shooters, old platformers, point and click adventure games etc.

wow, WoW, WOW! You play a lot of genres! Any favourites that you would recommend?

joined Mar 21, 2017

wow, WoW, WOW! You play a lot of genres! Any favourites that you would recommend?

Hmmm

RPG: Suikoden 1 & 2
Horror: Silent Hill 1 - 3
FPS: Deus Ex series
Point & Click: Dark Seed
Platformers: Metroid & Castlevania

You'd most likely have played all of these already

joined Jun 23, 2017

Is there a way to private message people here? Or only through discord?

joined Mar 21, 2017

Is there a way to private message people here? Or only through discord?

Only discord if they are on there.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Only discord if they are on there.

Okay, thanks. :)

From the main discussion forum...

Cool, you were an ex-film student? That explains your vast knowledge of the medium. Are you an "ex-film student" because you switched majors or because you graduated with that major?

last edited at Jul 6, 2017 11:57PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.