Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I'm sort of relieved it's over. It hadn't reached Saki levels for me, but I skimmed it lately. Them moving in together puts it about at the Chatting at the Amber Teahouse level, maybe? Meaning they'll have lived together for about 5 years before their first kiss, when Himawari-san will be 40 or so. It's good not to have to speculate any more about how much progress they'll make. Himawari-san (for this series) came up with a satisfying solution, and one that recognises Matsuri's absolute faithful daily devotion to her. Matsuri's only real competition was dead all along, and she gave her seal of approval, so they are together. A lot of this series harkens back to Chatting at the Amber Teashop and even Marimite with its gentle subtext-y Yuri. I hope it inspires other works. I also hope the mangaka does more work. Selfishly, I hope it's as good as this but with a shorter scope.

joined Jan 14, 2020

They didn’t fuck after over one hundred chapters. 4 / 10 nice art.

What fool ever thought they would “fuck”?

Of course they wouldn't "fuck".

They would become two covers of the same book.

Miss Sunflower would be the bookmark between Matsuri's pages.

Matsuri would open Miss Sunflower like a good novel.

And so on.

:)

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Nobody who was reading this would expect anything of the sort. It would have been as out of place as aliens invading. Even if done off screen.
We just wanted them to end together, and they sure did. It was a super happy yuri ending, given what we know of them.

last edited at Nov 6, 2022 3:29PM

E1f7694b-042f-443d-a5cb-df7de61c8a40
joined Dec 29, 2013

This took so long to end I can’t recall where I stopped. I reread it after seeing the latest chapter with END. I really love this story. I was thinking how can there be a person who likes to read so much all they do is read. Then I realized I had been reading all the time too. Not just novels but anything with text. I would read anything that is around me.

To find someone who will read beside me… such bliss

I
joined Mar 3, 2022

If we assume that the majority of events that take place in the series are the same as the real world, then:

Chapter 35 occurs earliër in the year as (or late in the year before, but we’ll WLOG assume not) Miss Sunflower’s 24th birthday (as it places itself between chapter 34’s Christmas and chapter 37’s high school entrance exams which occur in February), which means it happened in 1995, 2000, 2006, 2017, 2023, 2028, or 2034.

We can rule out the first three as it must have occurred after 2007; this means the series started in 2015, 2021, 2026, or 2032. We can further rule out 2021 as COVID is not present, and 2026 and onward seems unlikely because Matsuri had a flip phone, Yuu has a flip phone, and ticket machines didn’t exist when Miss Sunflower was in grade school. Therefore, if we grant the initial assumption, it seems this series started in late May–early June 2015 and ended in March 2018.

last edited at Mar 14, 2023 5:05PM

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

What fool ever thought they would “fuck”?

Of course they wouldn't "fuck".

They would become two covers of the same book.

Miss Sunflower would be the bookmark between Matsuri's pages.

Matsuri would open Miss Sunflower like a good novel.

And so on.

:)

Lol, fuck? I only dare to hope for a kiss. And even that feels like asking for too much. Lol

joined Nov 21, 2018

I'm glad I finally found this manga on Dynasty; I couldn't find "Himawari-san" anywhere and it was only a chance Discord link that led me to "Miss Sunflower." I've been following the artist on Pixiv and always thought the pictures of Himawari-san and Matsuri and the rest of the girls were all very cute, so I took the chance to binge-read it in 3 days (would have been less without schoolwork). Thank you to the translators who kept this alive over the years!

To reply you must either login or sign up.