Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

How do people perceive these lines from Sungji?

"It's just that now the time is for one side to have their feelings hurt"
"And there is only one thing i can do"
"I'm going to make sure that the person i love won't be hurt anymore"

She is making Sumin choose xD.

joined Jun 23, 2017

yoonie0104

Different perspectives. I'm not familiar with the saying, but I'm assuming it applies when you witness the first snow in a... "happier" atmosphere. One full of love and adoration. Even if Sungji and Sumin talk, I doubt it would be an "in love" atmosphere. That's also why it would not apply to Sungji and Seju here.

They're the main theme after all but they can use it to make an ending completely the opposite to strongly prove their point. XD

That would... not make sense honestly.

EDIT:

I perceive it as she was startled by the beep and drove pass the tv monitor. But we'll see next chap xD,

You could perceive it like that. Or the beep happened because she wouldn't move her car, as she was startled and "frozen" by the news of the death. We will know for sure later.

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 10:36PM

joined Mar 21, 2017

What's the significance of first snow?

It says in the chapter, explained by the male co-worker. "If you see the first snowdrop together, your love will be forever."

Oh yeah i forgot that part. Didn't register in my memory.

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 10:35PM

Eliz
joined Jul 26, 2017

What's the significance of first snow?

This is one of the rare occasion that I wish I am good at drawing and photoshop, so that I can make a "Tokubetsu na kibun" meme of SungjixSumin. I think it is fitting for the season. Lurking artists here please give us your magic touch. XD.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104

Different perspectives. I'm not familiar with the saying, but I'm assuming it applies when you witness the first snow in a... "happier" atmosphere. One full of love and adoration. Even if Sungji and Sumin talk, I doubt it would be an "in love" atmosphere. That's also why it would not apply to Sungji and Seju here.

XD, its just symbolism, imo. Not actually about the mood or sth but we'll see xD

They're the main theme after all but they can use it to make an ending completely the opposite to strongly prove their point. XD

Honestly, I'm giving SungjixSumin the benefit of the doubt for everything, that's why I go for even the nonsense theory.

Its true that SuminxSeju has lot of "forever" background behind them while SuminxSungji lacks of that. Thing is what is the author trying to prove? Forever is nonsense or forever is ultimate thing in love?

EDIT:
You could perceive it like that. Or the beep happened because she wouldn't move her car, as she was startled and "frozen" by the news of the death. We will know for sure later.

Do you, by any chance, already read the raw version? Cause it would be easier to understand my view with that.

When Sumin was startled by the beep and began to drive past the tv monitor, the next scene, it showed the monitor, we could see the ending word of the announcement of the weather and the beginning word of the word 'breaking news'. I mean, when the car drove past, the monitor still showed the MC with weather news while there is a headline below started to run which informed the death of Seju's father
=> Sumin hasnt known yet but we'll know for sure next chap xD

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 11:34PM

joined Mar 5, 2017
  1. Sungji needs to decide on what actions to take
  2. Seju just needed to wait because the ball is not on her hands
  3. Sumin needs to choose I believe that choice will be the final choice under any circumtance and whatever reason she has.

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 11:41PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

yoonie0104

I would love to read the raws, if I understood Korean. I tried reading a previous chapter before the translation and perceived the chapter way differently than intended. Not a good idea.

Are you Korean, by the way?

I see her car and the next panel shows the "breaking news" headline begin to show. These headlines that show on the bottom of a newscast tend to repeat many times.

I don't see much of a point in just showing her in her car in that situation. Unless the point was to show her being reminded of the first snow.

In the end, it is no use to debate this. XD Sumin will find out eventually and I don't think the way she finds out would matter as much. Her feelings afterwards are what counts.

It only matters if she was the one to call Seju. But it is most likely her brother, or the hospital. But again, all speculative, we will find out next chapter.

roamsl

Agreed.

last edited at Jul 28, 2017 11:51PM

joined Mar 5, 2017

=> Sumin hasnt known yet but we'll know for sure next chap xD

I think she was already looking on the road before the honking and that startled face is because she was looking at the monitor. We can know foelr sure next chap. But her knowledge of the death will affect her actions especially if seju leaves before she arrives.

Elizabeth%20sadaharu
joined Jul 11, 2017

Honestly, I'm giving SungjixSumin the benefit of the doubt for everything, that's why I go for even the nonsense theory. Its true that SuminxSeju has lot of "forever" background behind them while SuminxSungji lacks of that. Thing is what is the author trying to prove? Forever is nonsense or forever is ultimate thing in love?

I agree with yoonie it can go both ways. In fact, it's probably the crux of the story

joined Mar 5, 2017

Honestly, I'm giving SungjixSumin the benefit of the doubt for everything, that's why I go for even the nonsense theory. Its true that SuminxSeju has lot of "forever" background behind them while SuminxSungji lacks of that. Thing is what is the author trying to prove? Forever is nonsense or forever is ultimate thing in love?

I agree with yoonie it can go both ways. In fact, it's probably the crux of the story

I'd go for Love is sweeter the second time around. Lol

joined Mar 21, 2017

I also go both ways in terms of endings.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

yoonie0104

I would love to read the raws, if I understood Korean. I tried reading a previous chapter before the translation and perceived the chapter way differently than intended. Not a good idea.

Are you Korean, by the way?

I'm not, unfortunately but reading(seeing) the raw images could give you the orginnal feel of the page. You should do that xD. Just dont try to understand it xD, could go wrong in every effing way xD.

I see her car and the next panel shows the "breaking news" headline begin to show. These headlines that show on the bottom of a newscast tend to repeat many times.

I don't see much of a point in just showing her in her car in that situation. Unless the point was to show her being reminded of the first snow.

In the end, it is no use to debate this. XD Sumin will find out eventually and I don't think the way she finds out would matter as much. Her feelings afterwards are what counts.

It will be mattered if Seju leaves before she has the chance to talk to Sumin and SungjixSumin meet right after that. Sumin knowing the death or not will affect her emotions in that talk.

And if Sumin doesnt know while Sungji decides to take thing in a more serious way, things would go chaos in Seju's world in every way and at the same time, lollllll

=> I'm not sure which way the author will go, making Seju's world go wrong in every way at the same time or making Sumin more stress about the situation, Seju's distress or Sungji's decision.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:22AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

If sumin won't be running with/after seju after hearing about the death and seeing sungji and seju both waiting,then i'd go for sungji.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:24AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

If sumin won't be running with/after seju after hearing about the death then i'd go for sungji.

I believe she will be with Seju if she knows

• She chose to knit for Seju gloves even if Seju doesnt care about hand made stuff, and went "your hand might cold as well", simply said, she is just worried for Seju a lot.
  • She still chose to be with Seju in bed even though she was also afraid of Sungji's reactions, and that just because of nightmare. What about now? Seju's father is dead. This is way more serious than nightmare for sure

This is one of the reasons I go for Sumin didnt know theory =))))))

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:27AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

=> I'm not sure which way the author will go, making Seju's world go wrong in every way at the same time or making Sumin more stress about the situation, Seju's distress or Sungji's decision.

I hope for sumin in a big dilemma. It's been a loonnng journey, i want to see the end of this. More guilt and guilt from sumin whatever way this one goes. Now who still wants to be in sumin's shoes. I'd die of stress.

joined Mar 21, 2017

You could say that Sumin is stuck between a rock (Sungji) and a hard place (Seju and the past)

joined Mar 5, 2017

If sumin won't be running with/after seju after hearing about the death then i'd go for sungji.

I believe she will be with Seju if she knows

• She chose to knit for Seju gloves even if Seju doesnt care about hand made stuff, and went "your hand might cold as well", simply said, she is just worried for Seju a lot.
  • She still chose to be with Seju in bed even though she was also afraid of Sungji's reactions, and that just because of nightmare. What about now? Seju's father is dead. This is way more serious than nightmare for sure

This is one of the reasons I go for Sumin didnt know theory =))))))

I get your point. But i still go with sumin knows.
If she still go with sungi then that's it.

I agree whatever excuse sumin said about sleeping with seju, she still chose seju over sungji in that situation. I think the glove was sweet, even if it's a left over deep inside her, she cares for her a lot.

I agree sumin will go with seju but i will give her the benefit of the doubt to choose sungji in a very difficult situation. And At this point, sungji can no longer accept any excuse from sumin's actions.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:45AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

I hope for sumin in a big dilemma. It's been a loonnng journey, i want to see the end of this. More guilt and guilt from sumin whatever way this one goes. Now who still wants to be in sumin's shoes. I'd die of stress.

No one wants to be in Sumin's shoes, that's for sure (even though I sometimes joked that I want to be Sumin to be the receiving end of Seju's love, LOLLL, okay, maybe "Sumin without Sungji" version, LOLL)

Anyway, if they push Sumin to be in that situation of choosing between SejuxSungji with Sungji telling her to choose while Seju is in distress, tbh, you could never see the end of wdtfs, really, cause whatever the decision Sumin would make, she'll forever not be able to feel at ease thinking of the other person she left behind xD

So imo, the best way? Creating a situation for Sumin to realize that she can be free from one of the person and free of guilt as well as realize she loves and value the other person alot and she is willing to be with the other person without being bothered by the person who left
=> which means one of them has to let go firsttttttttt for Sumin to realize sth next, LOLLLLL. But damn, both of them dont want to let gooooo, LOLLLL

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:44AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

So imo, the best way? Creating a situation for Sumin to realize that she can be free from one of the person and free of guilt as well as realize she loves and value the other person alot and she is willing to be with the other person without being bothered by the person who left
=> which means one of them has to let go firsttttttttt for Sumin to realize sth next, LOLLLLL. But damn, both of them dont want to let gooooo, LOLLLL

I agree someone needs to let for sumin to be happy and free of guilt whomever she will be with.
Okay. So at this point, no one wants to let go but it's also a good opportunity for someone to realize she needs to let go. I'm not saying sungji should let go but if sumin will go with seju then its a big realization for sungji where sumin always prioritizes seju over her.

On the other hand, can you see seju letting go? For me, Unless she dies or a plot twist in her brain. But what about suminxsungji?

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:55AM

joined Mar 5, 2017

You could say that Sumin is stuck between a rock (Sungji) and a hard place (Seju and the past)

I'd rather be in a quick sand and have a quick way to be 6 ft under the ground than go insane.

joined Jun 6, 2016

1 > sungji and seju is already hurted by the inconsistency of sumin, probably this time is for sumin, she will experience one side to walk away from her life.

2> Sungji said "I don't need to forgive her" - why? either sumin is already forgiven, or she might not need it anymore = end up with someone else

3> What hurt sumin? Maybe seju or the viscous cycle of changing girlfriend and broken up. So either sungji will help sumin fix relationship with seju or end up being the one and only for her. (No seju appearance)

Hope seju is taken by her brother so she didn't meet sumin. And Sumin will only find sungji alone

If readers can feel sumin prioritize seju, then sungji, a smart girl, will be able to feel that too.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 1:14AM

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

Killing Sumin is an option. lol

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

The best!!! I actually thought of that but didnt dare to say out loud to this comment, lolllll

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 1:50AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

That'd be quite a dark turn haha.

I like it.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 1:50AM

joined May 1, 2017

That'd be quite a dark turn haha.

I like it.

if that the case if anything happen to sumin, seju might lose the will to live.. lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.