Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

The Chess was so fucking dubious lmao
When i first saw the board i was like "how tf did the white queen got there wtf"
And when I saw the maid lost I was like

"HOW DID SHE LOSE?!!! HOW DID SHE LOOSE!??? Oh my Fucking got how?? how??"

This is the position btw:
https://imgur.com/a/MVyJNS0

Oh, wow. I wasn't paying attention the first time I read it, but yeah. Elsa supposedly won by moving her king into check. I don't need the artist to depict some genius level chess strategy, I'd even be fine with a board state that doesn't 100% make sense in hindsight, just don't have her holding her king when she makes her "winning" move.

The immaculate
joined Mar 19, 2020

I wonder if this whole past thing was planned from the start. It seemed like some seeds were dropped about it, mainly Elsa having a memory of the kiss and so probably all the rest of this happening and thats probably the reason she started following Evie around. But I went back to read some of the start and while that could still be the case it might not be...but thinking again it still fits in I think? Which helps explain Elsa following her around in the first place

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

Oh gosh they are so cuuuuuuuute ahhhhnhgggggg!

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Look, I need to preface this comment to say that I do love this arc. It's very cute, there's lots of smiles and closeness and encouragement... BUT ... it is kinda, ruining the already established story?
There's no way, after spending this much time together, going to classes, and all this other stuff, that Elsa doesn't recognise the name "Smollet" when she starts going to the school?
Unless,
1. The thing that Evie is changing in the timeline is that Elsa immediately remembers her and pursues her when they meet again (unlikely, because didn't the bracelet react to Evie trying to tell Elsa her name when they first met?)
or
2. Elsa gets her memories wiped. But, really specifically, like, only of Evie's name. She remembers the promise vividly and what Evie looks like, so this is kind of doubtful?

So ... has the author given up on making it all join up together? It's not that huge of an issue if they don't, plotholes schmotholes. But it is making the chapters less enjoyable as all this plays out in the back of my mind.

Ezgif.com-gif-maker%20(1)
joined Jun 6, 2020
  1. The thing that Evie is changing in the timeline is that Elsa immediately remembers her and pursues her when they meet again (unlikely, because didn't the bracelet react to Evie trying to tell Elsa her name when they first met?) or
  2. Elsa gets her memories wiped. But, really specifically, like, only of Evie's name. She remembers the promise vividly and what Evie looks like, so this is kind of doubtful?

So ... has the author given up on making it all join up together? It's not that huge of an issue if they don't, plotholes schmotholes. But it is making the chapters less enjoyable as all this plays out in the back of my mind.

It's a stable time loop. I think it's to ensure Evie remembers Elsa early on so they can dodge this and start their romance earlier and fix the demon issue earlier

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

Patreon_post_image-42_50_1_50
joined Sep 10, 2022

Yeah, just gotta trust the author and let it all play out. There's not much to say without knowing how it ends. We're just going to pull all our hair out and ruin enjoyment with bullet lists and spreadsheets, which can be a bit unnatural to the experience. Once it's done and we see the intentions and resolution, we can have a better idea of the logic. The nature of this situation is very open and fluid at the moment.

Adorable. ^_^

And did you see her face when Elsa showed her aptitude? So smug.

last edited at Jul 3, 2023 8:22AM

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

I'm enjoying the cuteness, but also waiting for what kind of mess time travel and/or reincarnation will do to a story this time.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

And did you see her face when Elsa showed her aptitude? So smug.

"Look! Isn't my wife great!?"

joined Mar 16, 2023

I wonder if this whole past thing was planned from the start. It seemed like some seeds were dropped about it, mainly Elsa having a memory of the kiss and so probably all the rest of this happening and thats probably the reason she started following Evie around. But I went back to read some of the start and while that could still be the case it might not be...but thinking again it still fits in I think? Which helps explain Elsa following her around in the first place

I'm wondering this as well. I was fully on board with the "this was always how things happened" train, which by all means there's evidence of (Elsa remembering a promise between them, how "aggressive" she pursues Evie while kinda making it seem that it's what Evie also wanted, the bracelet warning Evie to not tell Elsa her name), but this chapter makes me think that some things have indeed changed or at least are not coherent anymore. Sure Elsa might not remember Evie's first name, but by the end of the chapter, Elsa's determination to be with Evie is starting to take shape, and so she knows who "Lady Smollet" is, couldn't she figure it out it was Evie when they meet up again years later?

Someone already mentioned some sort of memory wipe, and yeah that could work, but it'd have to be some sort of very specific memory wipe? Idk, it's confusing lol.

They're still super cute together and I can't get enough!

joined Mar 16, 2023

Look, I need to preface this comment to say that I do love this arc. It's very cute, there's lots of smiles and closeness and encouragement... BUT ... it is kinda, ruining the already established story?
There's no way, after spending this much time together, going to classes, and all this other stuff, that Elsa doesn't recognise the name "Smollet" when she starts going to the school?
Unless,
1. The thing that Evie is changing in the timeline is that Elsa immediately remembers her and pursues her when they meet again (unlikely, because didn't the bracelet react to Evie trying to tell Elsa her name when they first met?)
or

100% agree, I will always enjoy the series and new chapters, but there's a few inconsistencies that pop up that make me think it over and so I end up enjoying the chapters a bit less.

I still hold up hope that the author will explain everything in a manner that while it won't explain everything 100%, any "major issue" will be resolved.

On the other hand, please give me tons more of smug/proud Evie showing off her Elsa!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

She's totally not taking advantage of her not yet scheme filled brain.

Totally not brainwashing her into the lass with the teasing ass that she becomes later.

Pretty sure Elsa is destine to fall for Evie regardless of the circumstances that lead to it, the timeline isn’t zapping Evie for seeking Elsa out before they are suppose to meet, and she still doesn’t get zapped when she flirts with her.

Wasn’t until she almost stated what their future relationship was that she got zapped, and I’m thinking that only happened because it puts that very relationship at risk of not happening.

True,but until then,gotta fill that small head with all kinds of flirty methods.

And cool explosions.

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

Besmirch Lady Smollet's small girlfriend at your peril, Grampa.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Besmirch Lady Smollet's small girlfriend at your peril, Grampa.

Hehehe, so true.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The use of "Lady Smollett" out loud around Elsa was a translation mistake and it will be changed/noted in future chapters. Originally, no one uses any part of Yvonne's name when referring to her. They always refer to her by a generic title. For example Linda always calls her "my lady" and the others call her something like "the young lady". So Elsa doesn't know her first name or what family she's from.

Apologies for the confusion.

last edited at Jul 3, 2023 4:03PM

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Tbh I kinda appreciate how the teacher wasn't a rude/malicious asshole.

joined Jan 14, 2020

The use of "Lady Smollett" out loud around Elsa was a translation mistake and it will be changed/noted in future chapters. Originally, no one uses any part of Yvonne's name when referring to her. They always refer to her by a generic title. For example Linda always calls her "my lady" and the others call her something like "the young lady". So Elsa doesn't know her first name or what family she's from.

Thanks for the clarification.

Though that's kind of odd too, Elsa seems to be living there for days.

OTOH she's a shy six year old.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Well that answers that question then, haha. I did notice that previously the ladies were calling her "my lady" or similar, I thought the teacher just wasn't on the same page and was throwing her name around everywhere.

This makes is more of a minor plothole than anything wrong with the actual story, but the prince wouldn't have turned up and never once used her name, lol.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Hmmm, I am wondering whether chapter 71 contained the change that Evie was sent to the past in enact in the first place? In original timeline of the series (i.e. Isekai Evie), Elsa was actually discouraged from developing her magical talents so as not to outshine Evie, who did not notice it, -- hence why they all die in the demon attack later. Here, Proud Mommy Evie has set Elsa on the path of the archmage from a very young age, meaning that all other things being equal, she is going to have zero trouble wiping out arbitrary numbers of demons in this altered timeline.

20230811_115727_adobe_express
joined Sep 21, 2019

Smol Elsa is cute, but sheesh the facial expressions on smol Evie are just amazing whenever something concerns Elsa

Did you all see that face when she was looking at Elsa's aptitude?! It wasn't just smug, it was an expression of her looking at something really precious to her

Also that Evie smile at the very end <3

last edited at Jul 8, 2023 1:32PM

Akari-n
joined May 22, 2022

These last few chapters are so precious :')

Yuri Yuriyuri
Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

They're so cute lol

so puny

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

Putting this much cuteness in a single chapter is ILLEGAL. I had heart palpations! ( I didnt )

joined Jun 28, 2023

<3333

joined Jun 28, 2023

<3333

To reply you must either login or sign up.