Forum › Secret discussion

Esha%20icon
joined Mar 31, 2018

Damn Misaki, your crazy girlfriend is GNC as fuck

664cf739-1617-40c1-9f8a-ab01b71652f9%202
joined Sep 28, 2021

It just occurred to me that I hadn’t read this story until I saw the sequel and mistakenly thought it was a sequel to “Her Trap.”

So having read the “1 year later” update to their story first, the experience reading this was quite different in that it made it look a bit less dark than it would’ve been if I read this first/as a stand-alone.

Cause, obviously, the crap Akari pulled was just a foot past Red Flag territory. But seeing Misaki turn down her crap fast, just blatantly show she wasn’t going to take that bullshit makes me think that while she’s shy, she isn’t a doormat.

And, of course, seeing the sequel just makes me think that while Akari has the potential to be a creepy assed character, that it’s more likely she’s just a tad socially inept, has poor communication skills, and is dealing with trauma.

(But, I say that about Akari as a character and after seeing Secret of Secret. Cause if that happened in real life just fucking run.)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It just occurred to me that I hadn’t read this story until I saw the sequel and mistakenly thought it was a sequel to “Her Trap.”

So having read the “1 year later” update to their story first, the experience reading this was quite different in that it made it look a bit less dark than it would’ve been if I read this first/as a stand-alone.

Cause, obviously, the crap Akari pulled was just a foot past Red Flag territory. But seeing Misaki turn down her crap fast, just blatantly show she wasn’t going to take that bullshit makes me think that while she’s shy, she isn’t a doormat.

And, of course, seeing the sequel just makes me think that while Akari has the potential to be a creepy assed character, that it’s more likely she’s just a tad socially inept, has poor communication skills, and is dealing with trauma.

(But, I say that about Akari as a character and after seeing Secret of Secret. Cause if that happened in real life just fucking run.)

This story is a weird one, and doubly so after reading the sequel.

It would have been incredibly easy for the script to make it clear that Akari only meant, "I feel like locking you in because I'm so desperate not to lose you." But in fact the story presents her as a bona-fide insane kidnapper who is saved from a major felony charge only by Misaki's "I love you too, you big dummy" reversal.

And then in the sequel they revert to being cute useless lesbians as if none of that "You'll find those doors only work one way, so now I have you at my mercy, my pretty-pretty" stuff ever happened.

Dynasty%20icon
joined Feb 16, 2021

As a trans man, this hits an entirely too specific way. This writer is phenomenal.

I struggle with similar thoughts when dating cis women. It wasn't intended in that way, but art is special like that. Glad I read this. 11/10

joined Jan 3, 2020

The yandere bit is very much out of nowhere.

Noeek
joined Mar 17, 2015

Akira/akari is all talk after all, lady gives a slap and sheds a single tear and the yandere facade breaks completly.

daydream_dog94
Girls%20last%20tour%20ost%20art
joined Dec 4, 2017

its unrealistic and creepy af but i actually kind of like the exaggeration of akira's actions in this story. its like when you're in your head about something too much and it kinda alters your rational thinking and perception of reality, you kinda forget other people exist, until something or someone snaps you out of it. her family really fucked her up.. girl should defiantly seek therapy lol, glad they are happy now tho

last edited at Apr 27, 2022 11:07PM

BakemonoJoker
11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

eh , feels preety tame lmao , did the commenters fiind it that weird , there weirder stuff posted here tough , and the author's more violent work is the one that is more expressive , good to know that this one shot ended into something mutual , tough i do want to know her name

BakemonoJoker
11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

eh , feels preety tame lmao , did the commenters fiind it that weird , there's weirder stuff posted here tough , and the author's more violent work is the one that is more expressive , good to know that this oneshot ended into something mutual , tough i do want to know her name

last edited at Jul 15, 2023 6:34PM

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

Seeing the comments before reading the whole thing, i expected some crazier thing lol
It's still crazy but i like it

To reply you must either login or sign up.