This made my normal weekend a wonderful one

320px-annefrankhumanrightsmemorialantifaschistischeaktionsticker
joined Dec 31, 2018

Nico, you're one damn lucky girl!

last edited at Aug 18, 2019 12:28PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

For me, the elephant in the room for NicoMaki is Nico must graduate, and soon, and Maki is probably going to give up music and dancing, so their relationship is somewhat doomed. Alongside that, there is the huge difference between which side of the tracks they're from. With HonoNico, there is what has to be a lot of resentment lurking inside Nico that Honoka succeeded where Nico failed. Straight up, they did exactly the same thing, went through very similarly humiliating starts, and Nico was unable to keep her group together. We saw a lot of that in the "Why is Honoka the Leader?" episode. There's also a little graduation angst, but Honoka might still be into being an idol. I look forward to a HonoNico where Nico gets that out there and they deal with it.

They do have the tsundere vs ditzy but loving girl cliche dynamic, though.

last edited at Aug 18, 2019 10:32PM

Champion%20einhart%201
joined Oct 6, 2017

Honoka... can you share how you end up there while asleep pls? :3

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

For me, the elephant in the room for NicoMaki is Nico must graduate, and soon, and Maki is probably going to give up music and dancing, so their relationship is somewhat doomed. Alongside that, there is the huge difference between which side of the tracks they're from. With HonoNico, there is what has to be a lot of resentment lurking inside Nico that Honoka succeeded where Nico failed. Straight up, they did exactly the same thing, went through very similarly humiliating starts, and Nico was unable to keep her group together. We saw a lot of that in the "Why is Honoka the Leader?" episode. There's also a little graduation angst, but Honoka might still be into being an idol. I look forward to a HonoNico where Nico gets that out there and they deal with it.

Nico kinda gets over her resentment during the series though, particularly since Honoka ends up making the thing she wanted most -- being a true idol -- possible at all. I can see a little angst over not getting there entirely on her own, but it wouldn't be too major.

As to Honoka continuing to perform, well if the movie is anything to go by...

20200611_003300
joined May 9, 2019

Gosh wish I was Honk

Screenshot_7
joined Aug 22, 2014

They do have the tsundere vs ditzy but loving girl cliche dynamic, though.

Uh, I don't think NicoMaki would be doomed just by taking different paths. If their personalities click and don't change a lot through adulthood they could make it work somehow.

Avarta
joined Sep 11, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/hononico_precious_weekend#10
This just like I give you permission to cook for me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.