Forum › Adachi and Shimamura (Novel) discussion

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I'll just go to my corner to remember that on time that the animal comparison was of them being two cats rather than a cat and a dog ;>->

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

I'll just go to my corner to remember that on time that the animal comparison was of them being two cats rather than a cat and a dog ;>->

ITT: AdaShima nerds knowing the entire series by heart, probably.

joined Jan 25, 2017

Shimamura isn't as loudly charming as Adachi and all of her Disaster Gay powers, but I've grown very fond of her honestly. Her loneliness takes on a different tenor than Adachi's in an interesting way that's sympathetic in her own right, and the way she thinks of and looks after Adachi without even altogether realizing she's doing so is really sweet. They'll make each other really happy once they realize they're compatible.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Finally got to the latest translated volume. 4 chapters before I catch up.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Have fun, it's a wild ride.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Have fun, it's a wild ride.

I'm already reading the series since the first manga started being translated, I just got delayed in the LN. xD

Also, this is from the same writer as Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. I wonder if Yashiro has any relation with Erio.

last edited at Mar 14, 2020 10:15PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I think Yashiro was straight up from another work of the author. Yep, don't search that long, there is a Yachiro in Denpa Onna whose description seem awfully familiar.

A white-haired girl who claims to be an alien esper, who is often seen wearing a spacesuit and occasionally talking in a silly alien-like manner. She is rumored to be a troublesome runaway and it has been vaguely hinted that she really possesses supernatural powers, however this is not made clear.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I think Yashiro was straight up from another work of the author. Yep, don't search that long, there is a Yachiro in Denpa Onna whose description seem awfully familiar.

A white-haired girl who claims to be an alien esper, who is often seen wearing a spacesuit and occasionally talking in a silly alien-like manner. She is rumored to be a troublesome runaway and it has been vaguely hinted that she really possesses supernatural powers, however this is not made clear.

Oh. Didn't remember a Yashiro in that. lol

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Oh. Didn't remember a Yashiro in that. lol

Yes there are several carryover characters from other works. Yashiro is the one we actually have as a side character in this one. There are appearances by others that I'm not sure of their names or whatever but they existed elsewhere too. The creepy dude in the pool who is watching the little girls the first time Shima goes swimming is one. I THINK the dudes wearing weird hats and arguing over keychains/phonestraps are too. There's a couple others I suspect as well but I don't have a way of finding out since I can read very very little Japanese, so have not read any other LNs.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Oh yeah, going by the sleepover chapter(s) (forgot how many it were), Shima's mom approves Adachi as a daughter-in-law, although Shima herself has yet to consider romance.

Edit: Finally got to volume 5 chapter 5. Two more chapters to go including it.

last edited at Mar 15, 2020 5:13PM

joined Oct 5, 2016

When Shimamura's mom was all like, "Oh, she got you flowers, huh?" I sure got the impression of a knowingly raised eyebrow while she was talking. Shimamura might be willfully clueless but I can't see her mom not noticing the meaning.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

When Shimamura's mom was all like, "Oh, she got you flowers, huh?" I sure got the impression of a knowingly raised eyebrow while she was talking. Shimamura might be willfully clueless but I can't see her mom not noticing the meaning.

I mean, didn't you will find strange that your daughter's classmate give her flowers when it's not her birthday ?

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

I finally caught up again

Also, there's one thing that has been bothering me. Yashiro was always described as having blue hair, so I imagined something like Erio Towa even before knowing Denpa Onna is from the same writer.

Then she appeared in color and her hair is actually white.

She isn't the only character that doesn't seem to match the descriptions.

Also, I'm kinda disappointed Adachi doesn't want to be friends with anyone else. I have difficulty interacting with people, so I kinda get her, but I like having friends either way.

I mean, didn't you will find strange that your daughter's classmate give her flowers when it's not her birthday ?

Not suspicious at all. xD
Is it even common for people to receive bouquets on birthdays?

last edited at Mar 16, 2020 8:10AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Also, there's one thing that has been bothering me. Yashiro was always described as having blue hair, so I imagined something like Erio Towa even before knowing Denpa Onna is from the same writer.
(https://pa1.narvii.com/6828/673fd1378181dc3e09bb31c715a2427dbae10d12_hq.gif)

She isn't the only character that doesn't seem to match the descriptions.

Which Yashiro are we talking about here? Since this series' Chikama pretty much confirms here that she planned to base her looks on Denpa Onna's Hoshimiya, but accidentally went with Erio instead.

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Gotta read the whole thing again while I'm on home quarantine.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Yashiro has pointedly stated she is an alien, and that there are others of her kind that she has lost track of and is searching for. I have always taken it to mean that the characters in Denpa Onna and this work are different Yashiros but of the same group. That's my personal reading, at least. It's very clear Yashiro is some sort of supernatural being, presumably an alien as she states.

Yuriloveisbestlove
37cdda916e06996c5273d79dec6e6f7d%20(1)
joined Feb 15, 2019

I need some more AdaShima in my life, I need my fix man.

Moth%20rect
joined Jul 26, 2018

I just finished the chapter actually, should be out in a day or two.

joined Oct 5, 2016

oh man that makes me super happy, I'm going cabin fever crazy

Thanks for all you do sneikkimies, stay safe :)

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

happy to know that not only I wasn't the only one who was getting a bit crazy waiting for the next chapter, but even happier to know that is coming soon!

Bestgirl
joined Sep 1, 2019

Thank you so much!!!!!

Lilium
joined Aug 29, 2018

Amazing! Thanks. ^-^

happy to know that not only I wasn't the only one who was getting a bit crazy waiting for the next chapter, but even happier to know that is coming soon!

Same, same.

last edited at Mar 21, 2020 9:54AM

joined Jan 25, 2017

Thank you Sneik, making Quarantine much more bearable

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

I finally caught up again

It's a very light blue, but
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/adachi_and_shimamura_novel_ch01_4#4
I'd definitely call that blue.

She isn't the only character that doesn't seem to match what I imagined from the descriptions.

Fixed that for you. ;p

I tease, but more seriously, who do you mean? I feel like everybody's mostly pretty consistent with how they're described?

Not suspicious at all. xD
Is it even common for people to receive bouquets on birthdays?

Maybe not common, but definitely less suspicious.

JustCallMeDaBoss
joined Mar 23, 2020

Thx a lot for this I can always use more Yuri in my life and this was very sweet.

On that note can any sweet soul out there please throw some recommendations on good Yuri my way ?

Novel would be preferable but manga is okay too.

Please and thank you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.