Forum › Still Sick discussion

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

. "You got lucky, I'm the real talent" is her previous attitude, "That was what I believed" is her acknowledging Maekawa as the real deal, and from that moment, she changes her behavior.

She doesn't change her behavior. She's still a bitter ass to Maekawa though. She only calms down after Maekawa goes on her knees to basically beg her. They also need to work together for her manga's shake, so she would literally have to be a lunatic to not tone down that aggressive attitude.

I didn't say her ego wasn't ever hurt, or that she wasn't bitter about her loss. She clearly was envious. The point I am making is that this scene explicitly shows her growing -past- that and coming to respect Maekawa. It's literally the entire point of the scene.

She must have been literally crazy if she didn't acknowledge she wasn't the best AFTER losing. Would she get off her stick had she not lost? With that egotistical attitude I don't think so. Also she's clearly still bitter over her loss, that's why she treats Maekawa like that in the beginning. The anxiety of a deadline is just an excuse to me, and even if that also contributes, that's not an excuse. Not everyone would treat someone like that because they were stressed about something. The root is their character, not the stressful situation.

I still see the elements of her being envious (that's why she's so aggressive to Maekawa) and that's why I dislike her. I don't dislike her because "I didn't read the part of her acknowledging her loss" right.
I also dislike her because I don't like the super aggressive attitude towards Maekawa, for whatever the reason might be.

last edited at Feb 8, 2020 4:49AM

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

hmmm Akiba Detectives website/tumblr appears to be no more...

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Ohh, nice. The top of page 25 was hilarious.

last edited at Feb 29, 2020 5:32PM

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

They're such petty dorks and I love them.

Also guess who's a tooooop~

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This manga is so good

last edited at Feb 29, 2020 5:42PM

joined Jan 22, 2015

Communication in my yuri manga!? Blasphemous I say!

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Can someone please zoom in on panel 5 of page 23 for me? I can't read the last of the 3 words in that sign over that building. Is it line?

EDIT:
Oh, and gotta agree with the Maekawa from the credit page convo - Like WTF did Shimizu even say?

last edited at Feb 29, 2020 5:56PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Can someone please zoom in on panel 5 of page 23 for me? I can't read the last of the 3 words in that sign over that building. Is it line?

I think that say "da yurikamome line" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurikamome

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I think that say "da yurikamome line" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurikamome

Thanks. Though I only wasn't sure about the 3rd word, but I guess you answering as if I asked for all 3 words made the word I was asking for have much more sense, so, again, thanks lots.

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Fastest resolution time for "Is she cheating on me?" (unnecessary) drama.

No bonus points, but no minus points from me. Whew...

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

. "You got lucky, I'm the real talent" is her previous attitude, "That was what I believed" is her acknowledging Maekawa as the real deal, and from that moment, she changes her behavior.

She doesn't change her behavior. She's still a bitter ass to Maekawa though. She only calms down after Maekawa goes on her knees to basically beg her. They also need to work together for her manga's shake, so she would literally have to be a lunatic to not tone down that aggressive attitude.

She literally does change her behavior. She immediately capitulates to Maekawa's guidance and at the end she encourages her to succeed with her own manga. She doesn't say anything hostile or mean after that point. I mean, she doesn't say much, but everything she -does- say shows a change in her opinion.

I didn't say her ego wasn't ever hurt, or that she wasn't bitter about her loss. She clearly was envious. The point I am making is that this scene explicitly shows her growing -past- that and coming to respect Maekawa. It's literally the entire point of the scene.

She must have been literally crazy if she didn't acknowledge she wasn't the best AFTER losing. Would she get off her stick had she not lost? With that egotistical attitude I don't think so. Also she's clearly still bitter over her loss, that's why she treats Maekawa like that in the beginning. The anxiety of a deadline is just an excuse to me, and even if that also contributes, that's not an excuse. Not everyone would treat someone like that because they were stressed about something. The root is their character, not the stressful situation.

I still see the elements of her being envious (that's why she's so aggressive to Maekawa) and that's why I dislike her. I don't dislike her because "I didn't read the part of her acknowledging her loss" right.
I also dislike her because I don't like the super aggressive attitude towards Maekawa, for whatever the reason might be.

She isn't mad because she lost, she's clearly mad because Maekawa explicitly made light of her victory. I don't care if you -like- her or not, just don't misrepresent what the text literally tells us happened.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

This manga does a lot of "here's a yuri manga trope! Now behold as it is obliterated by adult communication!" so I wouldn't freak out just yet.

I mean not to brag or anything but (brags)

I love how Maekawa even makes it worse by lying and they STILL sort it out by talking about it once it's obvious there's a misunderstanding.

last edited at Feb 29, 2020 6:29PM

Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-vijden3cpybzpq
joined Feb 27, 2020

ugh that last scene was beautifully gay

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

Lol, hilarious.

Shimizu: Okay, I gotta do what I gotta do to be the best top I can be for Maekawa
Maekawa: Mad Top Energy
Shimizu: surprised Pikachu

joined Jun 12, 2019

They’re sooooo cute

joined Mar 5, 2016

"i might've thought there was a lil' cheatin" is the most shimizu way of phrasing that

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

Lol, hilarious.

Shimizu: Okay, I gotta do what I gotta do to be the best top I can be for Maekawa
Maekawa: Mad Top Energy
Shimizu: surprised Pikachu

Best summary of that page I can imagine.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I like how I understood what the TL page stuff meant without actually knowing what it was saying, and then had to look things up to find out what everything meant. Deep culture.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

This yuri manga has something that other yuri manga don't have, COMMUNICATION.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

We got a misunderstanding cleared up, a love confession, and the promise of some sexual healing all in one chapter
I fucking love this manga

I did want to see them kiss again dammit

last edited at Feb 29, 2020 8:06PM

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Hopefully they go all the way and not just stop at foreplay. Have to wait for the next chapter to be sure. I have high hope.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Bruh.. i wanted to see more

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

I hope the next chapter have NSFW tag!

joined Jan 13, 2019

shimizu: since im the one thats had to make most of the steps forward in this relationship that means shes probably a bottom
maekawa: plays reverse uno card

To reply you must either login or sign up.