Forum › The Meaning Behind the Bouquet discussion

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

To be honest, for me the "mental effort" is half the fun of shipping. I love figuring out how a couple actually gets together and coming up with plausible situations. That's why the off-fanon pairings are so interesting to me, I guess, since the fanon ones are such well-travelled ground. There are hundreds of NicoMaki fanfics, and easily as many NozoEli. But what about EliMaki? How would they get together and how would they relate to each other once they did? Is a shared love of idols sufficient for NicoPana, or do they need something more?

And, of course, there's the matter of NicoTori. Which is portrayed in lovely fashion here.

To me, putting in the mental effort pays off big time. We're at opposite ends of the scale, I suppose.

I didn't say that I don't enjoy putting in the mental effort, though. I simply pointed out that some ships require that effort and some ships don't, and I tend to prefer ships that flow more naturally according to what I see in the source material.

But "preferring one ship over another" isn't the same as "not liking any other ship but my OTP". I do like this NicoTori doujin, as stated earlier in the thread. There's also a very lovely MakiPana doujin on Dynasty which is among my favorites on the site. And like I say, I could (do pardon the implied pun here) whip up a Tsubasa x Umi story pretty easily.

last edited at Jul 25, 2017 12:13AM

Tumblr_inline_mnt4g3zxm31qz4rgp
joined Jul 23, 2017

KotoNico is my secret number one Love Live rarepair so this doujin is so <3

There's barely any content for them in the anime, but SIF players will know that there's a lot more material for this ship there. Kotori and Nico are the most fashionable muse girls, so they work together to make the costume. They're the prettiest and cutest pair: Kotori with a great fashion sense and Nico with great accessorizing. They have a very sweet back and forth in the side stories with Kotori reaching out to Nico for help while designing and Nico being a good upperclassmen and helping her juniors. It's a very mellow and cute relationship.

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

I feel like I can die from happiness at this moment... nicotori is something that feels natural, I'm not sure why it's not that popular. It feels so good. I love this so much. Thank you very much. Even tho I was very shock when Nico cut her hair, I almost cried...

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

Going to be what? GOING TO BE WHAT???

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

While i do like nicomaki i think i'm the only one that prefers nicotori, kotonico...?, I still don't really understand why people (especially in LL) are fixed in just one ship, RARE ! give me more rare ships !

Funny you should say that, when the other day I was figuring out how Tsubasa x Fumiko (or Hideko, or Mika) would be a plausible pairing.

Why aren't there fics about the stage manager trio, anyway?

They could ship with the 2nd years, especially Honoka. Not sure they even know the rest very well.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Going to be what? GOING TO BE WHAT???

Co-worker, I think, from logical deduction and the final "thank you" with Kotori obviously bundling a big plant somewhere in the shop. I think the implication is that Nico FINALLY not only gets why Kotori keeps coming back, but that it's very serious.

What makes this a great doujin is that Nico is NOT just being hypocritical - she's genuinely upset that Kotori would feel anything like she did when she cut HER hair. She had Kotori pegged as fundamentally happier and more together than she is, and evidence to the contrary made her sad and upset.

last edited at Jan 24, 2018 12:40AM

Dia%20mezashi
joined Dec 5, 2014

Coworker for sure. There's a sequel.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Never read any Love Live but the title drew me in. It's good. Can't judge canonicity but great buildup.

Reimu-shock
joined Mar 27, 2015

This is surprisingly good

Love%20live%20school%20idol%20project
joined Apr 15, 2018

Is no one gonna the short hair kotori and nico

To reply you must either login or sign up.