Forum › Website transfer speeds

joined Dec 28, 2016

Lately I've been finding that Dynasty reader is transferring image files at below 50kb/s speeds. Is Dynasty in need of money and that's why they're using such poor servers? Is there ongoing DDoS attacks? What's causing the recent huge slowdowns?

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

It's working fine for me. May your wifi was slow at that moment.

joined Dec 28, 2016

It's still occurring for me and I have 200mbit/sec internet. Even making this post took several seconds for it to post.

last edited at Feb 11, 2017 1:19AM

joined Dec 28, 2016

I did some tracerouting and might have figured out the reason. The routing is nuts. It goes California US --> Colorado US --> Illinois US --> Quebec Canada (why Canada?) --> New Jersey US --> United Kingdom --> France or UK --> France or Germany --> France or Germany --> France.

Is anyone else in California having really slow speeds?

last edited at Feb 11, 2017 1:29AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm in Ontario, and it's sometimes slow when loading big pages, but overall just fine.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

I did some tracerouting and might have figured out the reason. The routing is nuts. It goes California US --> Colorado US --> Illinois US --> Quebec Canada (why Canada?) --> New Jersey US --> United Kingdom --> France or UK --> France or Germany --> France or Germany --> France.

Is anyone else in California having really slow speeds?

im not having any issues.

joined Dec 28, 2016

I've confirmed with my ISP that they're not the cause so I'm pretty sure it's the servers. Or rather, the lack of any kind of CDN, even a free one.

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I've confirmed with my ISP that they're not the cause so I'm pretty sure it's the servers. Or rather, the lack of any kind of CDN, even a free one.

Wanna set up Squid?

joined Dec 28, 2016

Just sign up for cloudflare, free global CDN.

joined Dec 28, 2016

Mods can we get an update on this?

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

Just sign up for cloudflare, free global CDN.

LOL

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

tmtvl posted:

LOL

The only thing that would have had any chance of affecting a site like Dynasty if they were using it, from my understanding, is just the automatic https rewrites system but that's only if Dynasty switched over to using https in the first place.

To reply you must either login or sign up.