Forum › Download limit exceeded??

joined Oct 21, 2016

I literally just woke up and logged onto the site not two minutes ago and tried to download a manga, and somehow I've already downloaded more than the system allows?? Can someone explain this to me?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Do you maybe use a download accelerator?

Those work by opening multiple downloads, so you can get to the limit in just one download.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

I think the site keeps track of when your downloads were rather than just resetting your allotted downloads at a certain time each day. So if you downloaded several right before bed or something then trying to download something else shortly after getting up wouldn't work. It's fairly easy to handle though if you just make an additional list specifically for stuff you still need to download.

joined Oct 21, 2016

Yesterday I downloaded only one, and haven't downloaded anything else in months from this site.

joined Oct 21, 2016

And no, I don't use an accelerator.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Omn says that your IP may be shared with someone else who's been downloading stuff, and thus you're stepping on each other's toes.

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Dynasty allows you to read (via the reader) as much manga as you want. However, to reduce bandwidth costs for the (donated) server the website runs on, there is a limit of how many full chapters one can download per day.

Source: Talking with sysadmin

last edited at Oct 22, 2016 1:55PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Dynasty allows you to read (via the reader) as much manga as you want. However, to reduce bandwidth costs for the (donated) server the website runs on, there is a limit of how many full chapters one can download per day.

Source: Talking with sysadmin

Does the same apply to downloading individual pages?
I usually just end up saving pages I especially like, or want
Unless, being just a couple dozen pages at most, it's not significant enough to reach that limit

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Faust

I don't think so, since that's effectively the same as viewing the page individually.

TimberWolf5871

If you keep having trouble, let us know. But if necessary, it's probably wise to download from the scanlator's own site, and reserve downloads for stuff where that's not an option.

joined Sep 21, 2014

So I guess that, if they can't download the chapters elsewhere, and have reached the limits, they could take the harder, more annoying way of dloading each page :>

last edited at Oct 22, 2016 3:11PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I don't know the "under the hood" stuff, but I think it's possible, yeah. Can't guarantee it though.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Nezchan posted:

I don't know the "under the hood" stuff, but I think it's possible, yeah. Can't guarantee it though.

There's nothing stopping you from downloading each page individually when you've hit your download limit. I was curious so I tried it once when I'd hit my download limit for the day. Of course it's probably a good idea to not go overboard with it anyways since that download limit is there for a reason though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, if it's only a handful of people doing it, it's probably not a big issue. I would imagine it'd be too much of a PITA for more people, and they'll just spread their downloads out over many days. Sort of a last-resort measure.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Personally I only download from here when there's no link to the scanlator's release and if I do happen to hit the limit, which happens pretty rarely, then I just add it to a "to download" list I made and get back to it later. Dealing with it page by page would be, as you said, a pain in the ass. I could also probably work up a userscript to help automate it but that'd be a pretty shitty thing to do so I'm not going to.

joined Sep 21, 2014

What's the actual limit? I've never reached it because I hardly ever download full chapters, but I'd like to have an estimate in mind for possible future stuff. Is it a number of chapters limit? MB limit?

last edited at Oct 23, 2016 3:21AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

It's an 8 chapter per day limit.

To reply you must either login or sign up.