Forum › Big Sister Hana discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

If anyone can help translate the title of these comics as seen in the Twitter posts, that would be very helpful. https://twitter.com/_mangooooooo/status/763033222351499267

Norainhere Uploader
2hu%20cats
joined Jun 27, 2014

I love this, thanks for posting and/or translating.

Edit: Also, the word "unni" that Hana was using to refer to Tracer apparently is used to refer to someone older than you as a term of respect. So kinda like senpai? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 12:37AM

joined May 7, 2015

I love this, thanks for posting and/or translating.

Edit: Also, the word "unni" that Hana was using to refer to Tracer apparently is used to refer to someone older than you as a term of respect. So kinda like senpai? Correct me if I'm wrong here.

You're almost correct. Just one thing; "Unni" is Korean word that is used to refer someone who is female older than you (but in not huge age gap) in familiar tone, when you're also female. So this word also can be used to refer older sisters, too. But "Senpai", which is Japanese word, only refers to upperclassman, especially in school and college. "Senpai" is never used in family. Corresponding word for "Senpai" in Korean is "Sunbae", which has almost the same meaning. But most Korean people prefer to use "Unni" or "Hyung("Unni"'s male version)" because "Sunbae" sounds a little bit strict and distant.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 2:59AM

joined May 7, 2015

If anyone can help translate the title of these comics as seen in the Twitter posts, that would be very helpful. https://twitter.com/_mangooooooo/status/763033222351499267

트레디바메르: 트레(Tracer), 디바(D. Va), 메르(Mercy)
대형캐붕주의: Be cautious for characters being massively out-of-character
왕언니 하나: One big "Unni"... "왕언니" usually refers to oldest person in a female group who has leadership in humorous tone.

I hope my comment would help.

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Thank you very much, that certainly helps. One Big Unni works for the title, thank you again.

joined May 7, 2015

Oh my, I've just realized that '하나' here means D. Va's Korean name(Hana Song), not number 1. What a stupid mistake. Sorry for being careless :(

In terms of that, "Hana the Big Unni" or "Big Sister Hana" could make sense.

last edited at Oct 6, 2016 4:28AM

drpepperfan Admin
joined Oct 12, 2010

Bonus picture:

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Can I just say here that I like that the three of them are living together and I'm just going to assume they're all in a poly relationship AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

joined Jan 6, 2014

Can I just say here that I like that the three of them are living together and I'm just going to assume they're all in a poly relationship AND YOU CAN'T STOP ME!

i wish there was a like button for comments (if there is, sorry i'm an idiot)

To reply you must either login or sign up.