Forum › Posts by bagpuss

bagpuss
Image Comments 23 Jul 09:11
joined Jul 23, 2013
69772563_%e7%94%b0%e9%bb%92%e5%8a%a0%e5%b2%a1%e6%a0%b9

@borgo42

https://bookwalker.jp/ex/feature/watamote-vote/

You need a Bookwalker ID but isn’t too hard to make one.

bagpuss
Image Comments 23 Jul 05:32
joined Jul 23, 2013
69772563_%e7%94%b0%e9%bb%92%e5%8a%a0%e5%b2%a1%e6%a0%b9

@koneko

There’s literally an official poll for picking the character to date Tomoko in a new story, and none of the candidates are men so I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.

bagpuss
Image Comments 22 Apr 12:46
joined Jul 23, 2013
Dutmtd_voai-jxv

Great thing about Watamote is that all the relationships developed slowly and believably though (except maybe Ucchi, but if she was a repressed lesbian then it makes sense that she would latch onto what she thinks is a potential lesbian relationship). None of that ‘because s/he was kind bullshit.

bagpuss
Image Comments 19 Apr 22:59
joined Jul 23, 2013
Dutmtd_voai-jxv

Lmao the thirst is real

bagpuss
Oddman 11 discussion 18 Jun 14:09
joined Jul 23, 2013

Sister Itami is a sadist, so this is probably her own twisted way of expressing attraction

joined Jul 23, 2013

I'm a huge fan of pretty much everything Nakatani did, but this just seems rushed..

It's a shame because I think there's a lot of potential in it.

joined Jul 23, 2013

It's pretty obviously a happy ending, if you take the epilogue in account.

Shou acknowledges her little sister for the first time in five years. I think it's implied that their relationship went south ever since Yuu recognised that Shou thought her as a nuisance, and actually taking the effort to greet her is a small, but symbolic gesture. Also, Yuu's classmates talking about the ghost (i.e Chiharu) hanging around the house implies that Shou managed to make contact with Chiharu and is actually buying a cellphone to contact her. Also, Chiharu saying that Shou 'grew her hair long again' pretty much spells out that they met after Shou got her hair cut. And that big ass smile from Shou in the end isn't something that ever happened through out the manga. You can't get anymore clear cut, really.

Also, while I rarely try to bring up realism as a defence for manga since it's usually a bogus one, I think this one deserves it. Shou was a completely broken person, and to her go through a dramatic change at the end of the manga would be, well, unrealistic. Speaking from experience, changing is an incredibly difficult thing for a person to do, and is a long term thing. You have to look at it from Shou's perspective. Shouting towards Chiharu at the train station, asking for a cellphone and saying 'hi' to her sister were most likely difficult, nigh-impossible things for her to do unless she really, really wanted them.

Overall, I'm satisfied

bagpuss
joined Jul 23, 2013

The last few chapters were just too rushed.

It skips 3 months of time in which we barely get to see Tomoe and Mikage's changed relation, the subplot involving their father is never resolved (what was the point of showing Mikage and her dad if you're never going to show what came out of it anyway?), Takayanagi just disappears from the plot, the part involving Kujou feels like an asspull because the lack of any foreshadowing, the relationship between the sisters in the end doesn't seem ambivalent, more simply swept under the carpet because we're never shown what Tomoe's answer ultimately was. I'm all for ambivalent endings, but too much things were unresolved. I think the story could have used at least one more volume

It's a bit frustrating because I thought it was quite good up to the 8th chapter. But still I did enjoy what I read for the most part. Thanks, Yuri Project

last edited at Oct 18, 2014 5:26PM

bagpuss
Opapagoto discussion 23 Sep 03:08
joined Jul 23, 2013

Now that I've read the raws again the pages where Ryou is explaining things is kind of a mess

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch02#39

Being locked in.. -> In a closed environment like this there is obviously going to be those who become frustrated

and they get pregnant -> Nobody wants to get pregnant and get expelled and even more,

So, girls hitting on other girls -> there are plenty of girls who fall in love with other girls too

Next page:

getting popular -> When you go to school this monday you're going to face a little popularity yourself

Basically, while the family system might be fake the romance can be very much real

bagpuss
Opapagoto discussion 21 Sep 14:52
joined Jul 23, 2013

This manga starts out slow but it gets amazing in a bit. Patience

I'd say it started way too fast...

Plot is too fast for it's own good in the beginning and doesn't let the characters breath, yeah

But once the characterization catches up it gets fucking great, just give some time for the scanlations to catch up

so in your opinion, does this remainder of this manga try to be more plot driven or character driven?

Mix of both. We barely know anything about the characters now so it's hard to care about them, especially the children but once the family gets fleshed out the interactions between the members is really great. The plot becomes ott as hell, but I'd say it focuses more on the characters overall

It's a comedy manga through and through (at least up to chapter 9 out of 11, which is how much I read) though, so if that's not your cup of tea you might not like it

last edited at Sep 21, 2014 2:53PM

bagpuss
Opapagoto discussion 21 Sep 14:42
joined Jul 23, 2013

I'd say it started way too fast...

Plot is too fast for it's own good in the beginning and doesn't let the characters breath, yeah

But once the characterization catches up it gets fucking great, just give some time for the scanlations to catch up

bagpuss
Opapagoto discussion 21 Sep 14:30
joined Jul 23, 2013

bagpuss
Heartbreak discussion 20 Sep 17:50
joined Jul 23, 2013

Boring and predictable as fuck. Women with commitment issues because of a previous lover and the resulting angst in their partner is only in just about every third (lesbian) romance ever.

But hey, adults, suddenly I love every trite cliché in it I would've bitched about otherwise, even though it would've made fuck-all difference with high school girls! \o/
At least that's the impression I get from the comments.

Nice art though, thanks.

Girls School are a familiar yuri setting. Duh. And this needs to be mentioned in every other post why? Oh look, the sky is blue. Major breakthrough there.

Is this the smug superiority hour? Ohhh, that's sooooo cliché, I'm such a sophisticated, erudite individual because I can recognize the most recurring trope in the genre, give me a fucking break.

last edited at Sep 20, 2014 5:50PM

bagpuss
Your Fault discussion 10 Sep 02:09
joined Jul 23, 2013

And the lesson is: Act upon your goddamn feelings instead of regretting shit when it's too late, kids

joined Jul 23, 2013

Well you have to look also the other way if Emi tried to confess her in some way or give her hints the blonde girl wouldn't have to try so hard to get her attention it wouldn't have escalated........ it's also somewhat Emi's fault

The normal way of getting someone's attention is not: 'I sleep with other people, including one who is a family man. Oh and by the way I knew you were attracted to me, I was killing you in the inside and mentioned I got pregnant by a man out of spite and a desire for undeserved attention. We're cool now right?'

She's fucking insane, and any decent person should not have to put up with that.

last edited at Aug 29, 2014 8:12AM

joined Jul 23, 2013

For as why Emi didn't give attention to the blonde girl, you don't put your fingers in crazy, that's why. If someone is willing to potentially destroy a family by sleeping with a father, fuck another guy on the side and knowingly put another person that loves you through hell just for the sake of attention then you tend to stop loving them. You have to be a special kind of crazy to actually even imagine about doing that shit.

I can't really imagine that the blonde girl was ever quite right in the mind. She comes off as borderline psychopathic and insane. Emi dodged a bullet there and wasn't willing to play the little mind game. Good for her I say.

bagpuss
Opapagoto discussion 07 Aug 00:15
joined Jul 23, 2013

For starters this is a completely non apologetic comedy manga, why are you guys thinking so hard about it

And there isn't a single male character and you people are already talking about this being fake yuri? Jesus christ why

bagpuss
Game discussion 11 Feb 12:16
joined Jul 23, 2013

Looks like they're in the same school as the girls from I Await Your Reply

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_await_your_reply#8

last edited at Feb 11, 2014 12:17PM

bagpuss
joined Jul 23, 2013

yeah, no

bagpuss
joined Jul 23, 2013

What is happening to my cheerful slice of life manga, shits getting weird and nasty in places.

Most of it I don't mind, considering much of the background world has been pretty complex to start with. I mean we're only a handful of generations after centaurs were slaves, after all, and if memory serves they still might be in some places.

What really jars me is the interaction between Prez and her father, and her apparent conning of an old woman for donations. That's something that upsets the story dynamic in a big way, I think.

Yeah, she flat out states she hates him and just etherizes him. Then there's the whole business of centaur!Obama hanging people to make examples out of them, the tigermen graphically slaughtering people, Antarcticans being shady, the fucking aliens ect. I mean, that's very unlike what tone was like in the beginning.

Like I said before, I have no idea where the author is going to go with all of this. Maybe we're seeing the writer going through a breakdown in realtime, or it was all planned out and the manga is going to end in one gigantic clusterfuck.

bagpuss
joined Jul 23, 2013

Yeah the tone of this manga has been changing a lot lately. I really have no idea how the author is going to go with this.

joined Jul 23, 2013

Not to sound too unappreciative, since I really enjoy your work, Bakkin but the translation for chapter 20 was really bad :(

Last ones were fine, what gives?

bagpuss
Cotton discussion 25 Jul 06:31
joined Jul 23, 2013

The omake was a slap in the face. Why.

joined Jul 23, 2013

Mizuho is coming off as a pretty terrible person right now, but that's probably because she went through a lot of shit. I think it's pretty obvious that she disappeared from home and never contacted her family because she was disowned after she came out.

I have no idea where Kanae fits in all this though, or how the plot's going to develop. The suspense is killing me.