Forum › Posts by Nya-chan

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

XadarxBlack posted:

is it me or that black costume is making her look like an guy cosplaying since the boobs are literaly gone???

She had not much boobs to speak of from the start (see chapter 5.5)

If you look at her hips/thighs, it's obvious she's a girl.

I don't know what you're on.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Digital version is also available for Kobo on Rakuten. No need for Amazon.

https://books.rakuten.co.jp/rk/92f15da787e83663a9014a7fbf2ac681/

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I guess Tara gets freckles in the middle of the chapter because of the sun?

Nya-chan
Oniisama E discussion 27 Apr 02:59
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

You have to put this manga in context. Class S was par for the course in the 80s/90s.

It was just a phase

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BoobTwinkler posted:

It's a child. Please, no.

Omichi please stop falling for the literal child.

They're both children, you're overreacting.

No, they're pixels on your monitor.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I don't get the drama.

Chads took over when Cyan Steam had no editor, but Stan kept translating. Chads apparently refuses to upload their stuff on MD.
Meanwhile, someone on MD thought it was abandoned so translated it (didn't seem that bad a TL)
Chads then announced they dropped it.
Cuetie scans then asked Stan Miller directly if they could take over, to which they said Ok.

And since Stan Miller is staff here, I guess their word is final on what goes on here or not and they didn't want the MD version (for whatever reason), so the sanctioned Cutie Scans version comes here.

I don't get what Chads is complaining about? They were not "current" anymore.

Not posting on MD increases the sniping chances a thousandfold, because most people take it as a reference.

last edited at Apr 15, 2023 6:31AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

BreadBunny posted:

Huh, so were Emielle's parents not vampires then? Or does she just have like an enormously strong glamour.

Probably the latter. Nearly everyone around her in the previous chapters was trying to be on her good side.

She probably has unconscious glamour that keeps growing. Maybe she learned to control it later? Or has a trinket on her that keeps it lower.

As for her parent, I think they're vampires. Lucie is a half-vampire because her parents are a vampire and a human. So vampires reproduce like the humans.

It was never mentioned that Vampires were sired, just that they started to need human blood at 14.

last edited at Apr 14, 2023 11:06AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It's hinted they don't sleep in the same bed anyway.

The author obviously wants to keep it wholesome, so I doubt there will be any allusion about a sex life or whatever. Not even sure they'll kiss onscreen.

They're now in a romantic relationship and that's all there's to say about it.

Voyeurs, move on.

last edited at Apr 13, 2023 2:27AM

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Art's so cute.

But at the same time, the tags say it'll end badly. And with the MC married to a guy.

So, it's kinda a waste. I liked Pink Ribbon more.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Gash posted:

Do you think this chapter means drama from before the hiatus is resolved now? Or is this an out of order interlude?
I love this update but I was really thinking previous arc needed at least a chapter or two more to properly resolve.

The author choose to stick to a "real" timeline. Ie, it's X-mas when it's X-mas IRL, it's spring when it's spring IRL, she references concerts that actually happen in Japan, etc.

So, since the concert, I'd assume a few weeks have passed, as much as in real life. Maybe she'll reference the aftermath in later chapters.

Though I think that next chapter may be a birthday chapter, since it'll be Aya's according to what's been mentioned here.

Another occasion for Mitsuki to be a smooth criminal I guess.

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 5:37AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Koveras posted:

So, is she gonna sleep with her childhood friend for free? Wouldn't that kind of break this manga?

Childhood friend forks out the money in next chapter. I don't get Thai, but who needs the dialogues? xD

https://mangadex.org/chapter/214435a5-f008-4ad6-b536-058dbe9a5a04/4

last edited at Apr 10, 2023 5:30AM

Nya-chan
Reliance discussion 10 Apr 03:02
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

As I've read all the series, it sounds pretty obvious to me:

• Shiki had a crush on Kanata, but in the course of 14-sai, eventually understood that it would never amount to anything
  • Haijima has/had a crush on Hinohara for years (since High School I think?), but also knows it'll stay unrequited. She's even the one who more or less direct Hinohara to Nagai
  • Shiki becomes aware that she and Haijima are "of the same kind" in 14-Sai and starts to hangout at the infirmary to find solace with someone who understands her. She even tries to interfere in Hinohara's relationship with Nagai, for her to spend time with Haijima.
  • Haijima is literally PISSED OFF at Shiki, because Shiki is meddling with things she shouldn't and also Haijima sees her own younger self in Shiki, with her hopeless crush on another girl. So, she's harsh with Shiki, trying to get her aground and realize that she's going into a dead end.

Now, in Reliance, this is their third year of Middle School. Kanata is still in the school, as we saw, but her boyfriend moved, as we also saw in 14-Sai. Shiki obviously gave up on her, but still hangs out at the infirmary and even volunteered to be part of the health committee. In chapter 1, Haijima is less than thrilled by it.

I think the rest means that: Haijima has no feelings for Shiki and tries to keep her busy with a new friend she found for her. Shiki is maybe developing feelings for Haijima, but it's not clear. She at least relates a lot to her. Tachibana misinterprets their relationship as Haijima manipulating Shiki for her own benefit, but it's actually the reverse: Shiki is kinda obsessed with Haijima (as the sole lesbian she knows, probably) and Haijima is trying to keep her at bay. Not sure if she's in love, but I wouldn't put it past this author, who loves age-gap.

Aynway, the way Mizutani Fuuka writes is often real subtle and you have to read between the lines and it's all a build up.

Harmony in that regard is a lot more straightforward and comedic. Because we all know where the characters will stand in the end. It's fast food.

But Reliance is more intricate, dramatic and subtle. It's a gourmet dish.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

"Getting married"

It's dead to me.

Nya-chan
Harmony discussion 08 Apr 07:46
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

rainbow8 posted:

Thanks for the chapter!

(Is the male teacher being a wingman for Hinohara and middle-schooler Nagai???)

(also would the story make more sense if Nagai were in high school?)

As far as I remember, the male vocal teacher here is gay and is in love with another (male) teacher.

Another girl student has a crush on that other teacher (who's not in love with anyone).

14-Sai no Koi is about a web of various relationships inside the school, besides the MCs' one.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Mannic posted:

Wait so did bartender pick up her phone or does bartender know Sugimoto personally?

Sugimoto works in the next door Maid Café.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuzoroi_no_renri_ch61#4

And seems to be hanging out in that bar pretty often. They may have exchanged number at some point.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fuzoroi_no_renri_ch62 : "Very close"

last edited at Apr 6, 2023 2:30AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Basically, this: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_dont_want_a_happy_ending_after_story#12

Mikanuji wants to write stories about happy relationships between women. Not "perfect" relationships, but relationships that somehow work even though the women involved are flawed, like every human being is.

As she says, their relationships are erratic, difficult, etc, not because they're gay, but because they're human.She doesn't judge her characters, she just brings them to life and watches them change.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Golden Brown posted:

Wait, wtf just happened? I feel like I just got either Killer Queened or King Crimsoned.
I'm pretty sure I remember reading a chapter where Fuuko dropped the fucking bomb. And I remember reading the START of chapter 7, but the ending of it is new to me.

Wtf happened?

Just look at the chapters numbers.

Someone is redoing properly the horribly butchered chapters that are on mangadex that were done with machine translation and no knowledge of either Japanese or English.

It's just, they left a gap in the chapters and translated chapter 16. Guess they'll fill in the gap progressively.

If you don't mind poor grammar and mistranslations that make no sense, you could always head to Mangadex. But Dynasty prides itself on quality, so it won't be uploaded here.

Nya-chan
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

rusi posted:

I have now read all of Elisha X Honoka, and absolutely nothing else. Anyone have recommendations for which pairing I should read next?? :D

Anything with Nononon.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Glad to see a proper translation instead of the gibberish that's on MD.

last edited at Apr 4, 2023 12:04PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This scene between Ruri and Hato was probably the author's reaction to (Japanese) readers shipping them, so she gave them food for thought. Imo, she has/had no intention of making a side couple, so she just made them aro.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I'd rather notice that she's sitting besides Yuki (and not Yuni), but whatever.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

XadarxBlack posted:

As for Nanase, she's naive and it's not surprising she ended up in the role of the cuck. She totally overlooked the needs of her girlfriend in favor of "what will people think" and "Club is my life". Yuni is needy and Nanase neglected her. It comes as no surprise she got cheated on. I don't justify the cheating, I just explain it. Yuni has huge affection, or even sexual, needs and is weak. Nanase just can't bring that to the table.

not making excuse yet making excuses that cames at no suprised Yuni cheated…….WTF?? I’m sorry what part of this story is “a suprise” as if it’s the natural order of things for an neglected partner to CHOSE TO CHEAT insted of fixing the issue in A FEW MIN!!! or GIVE a second chance and once that failed you can break up! how in hell ALL OF THIS is Yuni briliant awnser?? DOING this much to HIDE the cheating instead of fixing it? BREAKING up take less time that Yuni making an sorry excuse to be with her misstress

Yes yes, it's well known: real people make rational decisions all the time and have iron wills. /s

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 7:18AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yuni is such a pushover and a bundle of contradictions. I find her super cute!

She's selfish, deluded, and wants to believe she's making her own decisions, but actually she totally let herself get caught in a storm she has no control of. She wanted it all and she might end up with nothing. I can't bring myself to hate her because she's a blob of weak willed cuteness and I find this endearing.

Fuuko probably likes her because of that too. Fuuko is the villain, but she's a magnificent villain, always in control, she wears her masks beautifully and when she makes a move, she's ruthless. It's only when she was in her family, with the woman she had loved, that her mask cracked.

As for Nanase, she's naive and it's not surprising she ended up in the role of the cuck. She totally overlooked the needs of her girlfriend in favor of "what will people think" and "Club is my life". Yuni is needy and Nanase neglected her. It comes as no surprise she got cheated on. I don't justify the cheating, I just explain it. Yuni has huge affection, or even sexual, needs and is weak. Nanase just can't bring that to the table.

All in all, this train is going full steam ahead toward a crash.

last edited at Mar 25, 2023 3:45AM

Nya-chan
Citrus + discussion 17 Mar 09:06
Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

This is so obviously the same person. Joined the day Masina was banned. And use the EXACT same language.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nene posted:

"gather love with you"
"moon is beautiful"

subtle this is not

Keeping in mind that the author of this is the mangaka of Kimi wa Shoujo, I think we should praise the admirable restraint she has showed by not having Tsukiko bang Hinata silly in the first chapter...

I checked the content of the magazine it's in and it doesn't go beyond ecchi, like the sensory maids or "I kissed a succubus".

So I don't think it'll be very explicit.