Forum › Posts by YuriLoveFan

YuriLoveFan
My Beloved discussion 10 May 19:20
joined Jul 8, 2013

Is it just me or has Takemiya Jin's art really improved with her more recent works? Can't really put my finger on it but it just seems better. I think maybe it's the kissing. She used to just block it out or almost entirely eliminate lips but now I feel like the kisses have a lot more detail, right?

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Holy fuck. "You probably brought it upon yourself..." Oh...oh my god...that's like...the douchiest thing I've heard all day. I can't even. Dealt with a lot of douchebags today so that's quite the feat.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Was about to ask wtf was going on and why this arc was still going lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

WHY DID THEY HAVE TO GO THAT FAR!? Ow...my heart...

joined Jul 8, 2013

That extra at the end with the old lady was just excellent.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Honestly, it will feel so empty if at the end there is nothing more than them staying friends...

We've already been told that that's EXACTLY what's gonna happen.

Believe in the retcon.

I'm not one to give myself false hope without any sort of reason to believe otherwise lol.

Worst comes to worse, ignore what the author has written and believe in the head cannon.

Where ? In the adult side of the series ? There might be some more story about them adult... I will follow this one till the end, might as well be optimistic x)

To be fair, I don't think their relationship was all that clearly defined. At least not in the sense that a word like friends could define it. They seemed to occupy some middle ground.

I think.

Going off of memory here, mine ain't great.

Sadly, I'm a pretty fucking literal person so head canons are things that I'm literally incapable of believing in Q.Q...I can hope for it, but the moment they say "No, that's not gonna happen" I'm done for lol. My literal-ness (pretty sure that's not a word lol) is also why I fucking hate western comics and their 239859478543985734985 different universes and alternate timelines, because, to me, everything that happens in one timeline, may as well have happened in the main timeline...*sigh* I'm a very sad person.....lol
I also REALLY, REALLY hate implied endings. You know those times where something ends but blackouts before the conclusion for a "you decide what happened" kinda things. Because to me it may as well have just not ended. I'm well aware of how off-topic I went lol. Just venting my frustration at the universe right now.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Honestly, it will feel so empty if at the end there is nothing more than them staying friends...

Believe in the retcon.

I'm not one to give myself false hope without any sort of reason to believe otherwise lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Straight yuri girl? you're a straight girl that like yuri or you're a yuri girl (lesbian) that go straight for the yuri and don't care for the rest?

The second of course. Yuri is the main outlet for the (single) lesbian that I am.

Edit: I have a friend who is a straight girl that likes some yuri.

I must say I'm jealous, not everyone can be a lesbian, or have friends irl that like yuri...

Wait, you mean there are other people irl that like yuri...? I thought they were all myths...I was 99% sure that all other commenters on this site were simply robots lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

So fucking stupid. This series is making me think less of Takamiya Jin tbh. Like she has always made stories with pointless drama that doesn't really make any sense to actually occur but this is just stupid. Like if there exists a person who actually thought this was a story that is reasonably decent then I just...I don't even know. That person is an idiot. WHO ALLOWED THIS KIND OF STUPID CRAP TO GET PUBLISHED!? Like the main story I get. I don't love how that ended but I get why that's okay. But who thought that this extra story was any good. It's really, really, really fucking bad and just plain stupid. It's insulting to humanity as a whole to imply that there'd be people who are this fucking stupid to go along with ANYTHING THAT HAS HAPPENED SO FAR! I'm not saying that there aren't people that stupid, I'm saying that its insulting to imply it like this story has done.
Seriously though, this chapter may cause me to drop this series. Like the main story is done now, right? Why am I gonna keep reading this? For the garbage extra story? For the sole purpose of punishing myself? My history in manga selection may imply some level of masochism but I'm not fucking stupid lol. It occured to me as I was reading this chapter that I don't even like ANY of these characters anymore. Like I could've tolerated the blonde up til this point (even though her personality annoys me) but after finding out how everything turns out when they're adults...I just can't with these characters anymore. They just do stupid thing after stupid thing, and I'm expected to root for them now? How? No seriously, I'd honestly like to know, how do I root for characters who do things so stupidly that it gives off the impression that they're making themselves miserable ON PURPOSE.

last edited at Apr 28, 2015 3:25PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Not a big fan of how this artist uses yuri in most of his/her works, shame cuz the art is freaking great.

But this one was really nice. Hoping that the continuation does not ruin it.

Yeah I agree with you here. The few yuri works of this mangaka that I've read (actually, all of his works, both hetero and yuri), I've kind of just downright disliked. And even though its a one shot it said to be continued, so again I agree with you, I really hope Maruta doesn't fuck up the series with any threesomes, infidelity, cough hetero cough (lol even though she showed an interest in her father, I don't think this series will include hetero, could be wrong tho), or something else. I'd really just like an actual, preferably yuri, romance here.

YuriLoveFan
Rapunzel discussion 23 Apr 21:31
joined Jul 8, 2013

I know that the Witch was keeping her captive and all but...Rapunzel's kind of a bitch, isn't she? Like, she cheated on the Witch, who did truly love, and not only cheated but also rubbed the fact that she cheated in her face by using it to brutally insult her...Frankly, I kind of consider the Witch to be more of a good guy here lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Ah please don't tell me this is one of those series where the girls fall for each other whilst bonding over how much they hate dudes. Series like that feel empty. Like its more a rebound than actual love. That's not to say that that is always the case irl, but nonetheless that is the impression such a relationship gives off (too many bad yuri endings does not produce an optimistic person lol).

last edited at Apr 20, 2015 7:00PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

OH. I was wondering what this was a continuation to. And after reading the second chapter. I find out that its the second chapter to the GODDESS OF AN MC, of what I originally thought was a one shot. I just hope she remains as perfect as she was in the first chapter for the rest of the series (assuming there is more, that is). Still can't get over how perfect that rejection at the end of the first chapter was though. Nice to see that, FOR ONCE, somebody gets whats coming to them in a yuri manga. I feel like more often than not the scummy characters get their happy endings in these lol. Probably wrong but that's just the impression I get because of the disappointing feeling I get when it happens they leave a more lasting impression I guess. But I really feel like those characters that cheat on their husbands/spouses with another woman, stringing them along the entire time, without ever having the intention to actually break up with the spouse get what they want. Both the married life AND the mistress which just isn't an ending I'm okay with.
This MC tho. Took a character that totally tried to pull that kind of shit and then trampled all over her, which was just wonderful.

last edited at Mar 31, 2015 6:38PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

I love this series but tbh I can't differentiate between ANY of the characters lol.

YuriLoveFan
Lily Love discussion 22 Mar 16:27
joined Jul 8, 2013

That cliffhanger...What a polite way to say fuck you to the readers.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

This felt very rape-y
I'm not sure im OK with this.

Didn't really see it that way - she said to 'stop that' in the earlier bit where she was trying to take her panties off to change them - but once the sex started several pages later, the older lady never once complained, in fact she seemed to enjoy it all - and didn't seem to regret it after either.

I see what you mean but since she never protests during the sex scene - and has bubbles with hearts in, and shares a willing kiss at the end, it seems ok.

I feel like series like this are confusing people by convincing them that "stop it" doesn't actually mean stop it, when it actually TOTALLY DOES. Reminds me of all those rapists who just go "Yeah, she said no, but she was totally asking for it." Like really guys...if they say no, even once just at the beginning and even if she changes her mind by the end of it, its still rape lol.

last edited at Mar 3, 2015 5:54PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Been too damn long. I have literally no idea whats happening anymore. Could've sworn the MC as a blonde loli and a dark haired highschool girl lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

Well this series...is interesting...lol I kinda liked it, assuming its not gonna be one of those "A WILD ORGY APPEARED" series. Really hate those. But I'd like to think that this was one of those "I'd only do that with you" type of series, although there wasn't really any indication to either side lol.

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

WOW. See THIS was a great one shot. I know everybody on this site thinks I just hate on everything in the world that exists but that's not true. But seriously tho, I loved this one shot. Like a lot. I'm in utter shock that the person who wrote this also did something as insulting adjective as The Feelings We All Must Endure. I'm not sure if a spoiler bar was necessary when all I said was that I didn't like the series but I put it anyway lol.

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 9:42PM

YuriLoveFan
joined Jul 8, 2013

sigh Really can't win when it comes to this series, can I? Well I really hope that Ginko doesn't ACTUALLY become this guy's sex friend.

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 7:26PM

YuriLoveFan
Citrus discussion 02 Mar 19:01
joined Jul 8, 2013

I hate this series so much. Just so fucking much. These characters are all just so fucking god damn stupid that I can't even. I might be done with this series now. This really might've been the last fucking straw for me. Its just that the message this series sends out to me is that ALL lesbians are fucking idiots and that upsets cuz I know its not true. Cuz I think most of us agree that this series has LONG SINCE past the line of emotionally complexity and whatnot. It's honestly insulting to call a series like this realistic. It really is. I think i'd be more accepting of this if there was a giant fucking dragon attacking the city because it'd at the very least imply a sense of surrealism to the plot in this series lol.

Eeeeeeeeeh, it feels like this is just a series of love triangles that act as some sort of obstacle to Yuzu and Mei's relationship (both in terms of family and romance). This whole thing just feels very sloppy and not all too great in terms of storytelling. It really is tiring for me personally but hey, at least the art looks nice.

I honestly think its even starting to lose its art appeal too lol. Did you see the first few pages? It was literally just the outlines and everybody was see through. Soon this series will literally have nothing going for it lol.

YuriLoveFan
Citrus discussion 02 Mar 18:48
joined Jul 8, 2013

I hate this series so much. Just so fucking much. These characters are all just so fucking god damn stupid that I can't even. I might be done with this series now. This really might've been the last fucking straw for me. Its just that the message this series sends out to me is that ALL lesbians are fucking idiots and that upsets cuz I know its not true. Cuz I think most of us agree that this series has LONG SINCE past the line of emotionally complexity and whatnot. It's honestly insulting to call a series like this realistic. It really is. I think i'd be more accepting of this if there was a giant fucking dragon attacking the city because it'd at the very least imply a sense of surrealism to the plot in this series lol.

last edited at Mar 2, 2015 6:54PM

joined Jul 8, 2013

So, considering that the final chapter of Triangle Struggle came out today too, this is just the day of shitty endings, I see. I had read some of the spoilers so I expected this but HOLY FUCKING SHIT SHE REALLY DIDN'T EVEN APOLOGIZE. AND RUKI FORGAVE HER WITH NO HESITATION. I mean...this is a bad ending...this is arguably the worst ending...I know my reactions tend to be capslocked and filled with rage but I never really get that angry at a series and its usually just me overexaggerating them cuz I know its fiction but with this I'm legitimately enraged. I currently hate everything. Excuse me while I go on a murder spree.

I think you should change your name to YuriHateFan... all your posts are are filled with rage lol -- I'm also teasing, so don't take it seriously. ^_^

Can I just say I'm kinda hating this? I gave it the benefit of the doubt but I am disappointed at this point. Amano, how are you gonna make this up for me ヽ(`Д´)ノ
But looking at reality here, some people are probably like that. Just glad I don't have to deal with them.

Eh... to be honest, If I was Ruki, I would have forgiven Sacchan as well. if she only did it once, and it wasn't anything serious, I'd just blow it off and forgive her for it. I'd be hurt of course and probably a little annoyed as well, but I wouldn't destroy my relationship by telling her to go fuck herself and leave me a lone or whatever. I just don't tend to hold grudges or get in a serious rage over things...

Yeah, I know I tend to explode but, I swear its usually just me exaggerating how I really feel. I don't really know any other yuri readers irl so I tend to go overboard here lol. Also, they're not all rage/hate filled. I've done just as many calm and/or praise filled comments on this site. I read just about every yuri that comes out on this site (aside from the doujins, cuz I don't really care for noncanon things lol) and I try to comment on just about everything I read so I assure there are some positive comments from me all over. And honestly, I include a lot of Capslocked in my comments and a lot of the time that gets misconstrued as anger since you can't really hear my tone through text but as I've said before, for me, capslock isn't (always) me being angry but just a thing I do lol.
Also, Sachi didn't just cheat once, she did it repeatedly over a whole month and then asked Ruki to take her back without even the slightest semblance of an apology AT ALL. And of course Ruki did it, cuz she's kinda pathetic lol.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 5:55PM

joined Jul 8, 2013

YuriHateFan can I also go on a murderous rampage with you because I, too, like to get mad at fictional gays being written in a realistic way. Artists def should not be allowed to draw what they like, I mean how will they ever make it up to us??????!????????????

Pretty sure you're being sarcastic here, but just so you know, are you aware of how contradictory what you're saying is? I never said that the mangaka should stop doing what he or she is doing (I say he or she because this applies to all mangaka and not just this one), because, as you said, they are allowed to do what they like but just as they are allowed to like what they like, I am allowed to do the same as well. I never even once said that Shuninta had to make this up to me, so I don't even know what the hell you're talking about there. Hell, a lot of my other comments on this series in particular have been about how I'm willing to wipe the slate clean for this mangaka's next series and start anew, BECAUSE I know that everything's different.
And again, I'm not mad because of how this turned out, well, I mean of course I am, because it's not what I like at all but I'm not as close-minded as you might think lol, but what makes me the most upset is how fucking poorly it was done. Because Shuninta isn't new to the yuri world and has released plenty of great series and should not be making such a poorly done series but I mean really. Sacchan slept with Remi out of curiousity which would make sense if she did it once BUT IT WAS FOR A WHOLE MONTH. And then a day later, she tells Ruki "I want to protect you" without apologizing or saying ANYTHING remotely endearing and Ruki just accepts her. NONE OF THAT IS REALISTIC. If it were realistic Ruki wouldn't forgive Sacchan, hell even if Sacchan had only done it once she might not have forgiven her, but no self-respecting person would take back a person who cheats on them for an entire month out of "curiousity on what it's like to be the one cheating." Especially without even the slightest semblance of an apology. And if you honestly think it is realistic, then I truly feel bad for you because those are not the kind of people I surround myself with nor would I ever want to be. THAT'S what bugs me. Now, its no secret that I love happy endings, but the reason I'm upset here is because THIS IS NOT A GOOD HAPPY ENDING. This is one of the few series where there should be an unhappy ending because otherwise It just makes no sense at all. Ruki should've rejected Sachi right there dumped her out of the car, been sad for a while, but eventually move on with her life, possibly meet someone new. But no, Ruki just accepted Sacchan because she is a truly desparate and pathetic human being who has clearly made ALMOST no progress since this series started. Literally all she's learned is what "love" is. And love is in quotes because at that point its no longer love but desperation. What I'm truly upset at is the writing and the development not the content.

last edited at Feb 22, 2015 5:53PM