Forum › Posts by Random Reader

Random Reader
Tie Breaker discussion 23 Apr 04:15
joined Nov 30, 2011

I put "dropped" because Tranquil Spring is dead, but I probably should've put "ongoing," as I understand there is a fourth chapter that TS was in the process of translating. I'll dig around when I have the time and see what there is to see anyway.

Thank you for even considering to do that.

Random Reader
Citrus discussion 21 Apr 18:55
joined Nov 30, 2011

Well all the thing you said is true but when I read this chapter and recollect my high school time, it makes some senses. Back then I looked at life in a MUCH simpler way; I did anything mostly for joy; I didn't care about rules, regulations or consequences at all; I was reluctant to scolds or threats; and I felt like I could do everything for love. The complicated plot and its twist, its absurdity maybe the negative points of this series, but it emphasizes the 'yuri' more drastically. Or so I thought.

Hmm.. Even in my high school years people still knew when to say "stop, what are you doing? Are you crazy?" Being young and in high school doesn't excuse anyone from bad behavior in my eyes. And I feel like this one isn't entirely different...somehow. Though I'll still read it hoping it'll turn around later on.

Also, this story reminds me of most shoujo stories. By that I mean when the main guy force kisses the main girl after doing some kidnap-like action where he tackles the girl in a private area after grabbing her when she least expects it. And out of all of that the girl somehow ends up liking the guy completely ignoring his actions.

Random Reader
Tie Breaker discussion 21 Apr 16:48
joined Nov 30, 2011

I love this manga, it sucks that it has been dropped. Is Tranquil Spring Scans over?

Last I checked they were in the midst of translating Ch.4 but they sorta never got around to it.

http://www.tranquilspring.com/2011/11/recruiting/

And another solid female sports manga is BaggataWay, though it has no yuri from what I can tell, it's really worth checking out. (Though the team behind the scanlation has since disappeared and left the story unfinished, it's quite awesome.)

last edited at Apr 21, 2013 4:49PM

Random Reader
Tie Breaker discussion 21 Apr 16:28
joined Nov 30, 2011

Great to see Tie Breaker on here. Such a shame it was dropped. Been waiting a couple of years to see if someone would pick it up again.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

..and now, at the end, can i ask something?

better Girlfriends or Sasameki koto ?

(i know is a useless, moronic, senseless question)

For me its Sasameki Koto, Octave, and then Girl Friends/Girlfriends. Sasameki Koto is was originally got me into yuri in the first place. (I actually saw the anime on Crunchyroll first and decided to pursue the manga when I finished it.)

I'm still miffed it had to end early. I really wanted to see them develop their relationship during their 3rd year and then continue on into their post-high school lives. I always hate how these school romances end when they graduate. So annoying.

joined Nov 30, 2011

This is a really interesting and i think fujiwara should have long hair! >w<

If you think that, you are missing the point of the story.

Whait, what ?

What does hair lenght have anything to do with understanding the story ?

I dunno... could have something to do with them being "the same." One having longer hair than the other could turn this into something entirely different... Possibly O_o

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

I've pretty much avoided it.Is it really that good?
I don't tend to like very long ones (i.e. this one is 5 volumes (35ch)), also ones who are dramatic just for the sake of it.
Are the tags exaggerating?

Silly questions. No chapter is wasted, drama makes sense, and angst has all those a's for a reason. ;)

My biggest gripe is that it doesn't continue after they graduate from high school nor do we see their relationship grow as a couple during their 3rd year. I wish some of these would just continue on when characters are done with H.S.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

FINALLY!!! Ugh! I think I trawled half of the website for this one. Anyone do that for one shots and small series like this one? You read a one shot or small series sometime ago and really liked it. Later on you get an urge to read it again but can't find it, remember its title, or who the author was?

I don't know why but I think I read this series once every six months or so. I somehow rediscover it, then read it a couple times in a row, afterward I move on. Then months later this process repeats itself. The majority of the stories I like tend to be really short series or one-shots and this one continually tops them all, I just don't know why. I really like it.

joined Nov 30, 2011

I can't add any manga to my favourite list. Anyone having the same problem?

Nope, just added several to my own favorites with no problems.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Couldn't agree more about Hiyori. I keep rereading Hiyori's work without realizing who the author is ( and tbh, I never really pay attention to authors much as it is lol).

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

It appears to have been picked up again as 2 chapters were just released on March 20th.

@nytestorm - I'm in the same boat as you. I tend to check all the updates for yuri before reading other stuff. And sometimes that's rereading yuri one shots or whole series.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Wow... totally forgot it was April 1st when I read the OP. Loved it.

Random Reader
joined Nov 30, 2011

Damn. Would have loved to have seen their relationship grow to what it was at the end of 51 all through their 3rd year of high school. Definitely going to miss this once the last chapters are finished.

last edited at Mar 28, 2013 7:02AM

Random Reader
Octave discussion 19 Mar 07:17
joined Nov 30, 2011

Haven't touched this one in a long while since it was originally finished. Am happy to see it on here. The first time I read it I wanted to choke Yukino so badly. But having reread it now, after having not read for a long while, I must say this is definitely one of my favorites... It's better this time around because I have a better understanding of Yukino's insecurities now than when I originally read it while it was being released. I can easily relate to a lot of her insecurities in a sense. It was great watching her take those necessary steps to get past them, find out what she wants, who she really is, and begin the maturing process. It would be awesome to see what Setsuko and Yukino are like 5 years on as a couple and individually as well.

Random Reader
All Good Things... 30 Nov 17:57
joined Nov 30, 2011

Thanks for the all the hard work and especially for continuing to host for other scanlation groups. Much appreciated.