Forum › Posts by Blackkitty

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I don't think she know English so well to read this thread but it's just maybe my opinion xD

Why? English is a relatively simple language.

This WAS sarcasm right?

English is a really simple language compared to other ones.

English might have some tricky places in its grammar that are harder to master probably because it doesn't have this strict word order and it has about 80% of its vocabulary coming from French, but still it lack the grammar cases in German and Russian(they are real pain at least for me) and French - it's full with grammar exceptions(not even dare to mention the spelling).Anyway, that's my opinion as non-native speaker.

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

I don't think she know English so well to read this thread but it's just maybe my opinion xD

What makes you think that way? I mean most people nowadays know some basic English from school or maybe i am mistaken?

Umm most people yeah... but I just have this feeling xD It's based on my knowledge about Asian (mostly Japanese) manga authors. If they know English in most cases it's VERY basic. Of course I'm not telling that EVERY author is like that. Some of them may know Eng better. As I said it's just my feeling and opinion :P

I see, you have insight on the matter, but from my own experience I am prone to trust your female intuition :P

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

What makes you think that way? I mean most people nowadays know some basic English from school or maybe i am mistaken?

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Don't you think the author Ssamba somewhat acknowledges the existence of our translator, halmoni?

I think she really does! Sometimes I also wonder if she's reading us here too, hehe

I just got the goosebumps...

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Lol, it's out already!! Hahah, the expressions of No-rae are just hilarious, she isn't mad but doesn't know how to react to the scene of her mother and Seol-a being drinking buddies xD she must be shocked xD

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

@Blackkitty
Speaking of your gay friend proposing to you. I wonder if you or others have heard of this but I was informed a few months ago that it's common for gay men to marry Japanese women here in the states. (Japanese women from Japan.) ......

Haven't heard of it, but it makes sense and it's a good way to live happier life being who you are :) Well, it was a funny idea marrying him since contrary to Japanese women I am a proud almost 6ft tall memeber of the volleyball team in high school soo the guy was shorter than me(2cm but still...) xD and I don't go for short men(even for a fake marriage)..women are another story though.
About the sport topic, I skimed through but I admit my very superficial knowledge on hockey/baseball, anyway would gladly comment on snooker/volleyball/tennis xD
One of my most favorite anime soundtrack songs is the opening of The witch hunter robin, love the guitar intro :)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

The discussion might be hard to follow sometimes, buts it's enjoyable because it's all nice people around and when fanart pops up, that makes my day, so thatk you all! Different is lovely!

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Haha, the minute you said that (well, I suppose the minute I read it, hah) and with you being from Europe and all, an image of Fleur Delacour's arrival at Hogwarts popped into my head. Book version though! I haven't seen any of the movies besides the first two so I've got no idea what that scene looked like.

haha, well the only common between Fleur and I is my broken French xD

LOL tho. He asked you to marry him so that you could get a green card?? That seems kind of backwards haha, he must really want you to stay in the states! Well, having posted it on here and all, I suppose now the option of marrying for a green card is forever closed to you. That or you'd have to work really hard to convince whatever U.S. department it is that looks into that. [I should know this...The Proposal is one of my favorite (shameful secret) movies].

well, I've never had the possibility to marry for a green card, regardless of who is proposing.I have to be insanely in love with someone to do that, then I wouldn't mind :P

and also lol XD blackkitty. I am sorry about your exams tho. :/ Everyone deserves a break!!!

Well, it was my fault, I chose to travel last summer knowing well that I will delay my graduation, but I am glad, I had lots of fun and adventures :)
And btw actually he proposed to in Alaska, since we were there xD refernce to your favorite movie xD

last edited at May 2, 2015 4:15PM

Blackkitty
Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

So it's tragedy, am i gonna cry in the end :( ?

Yes

But it worths it, if i assume correctly? I will pluck up courage and finish it :) i cry easily but i appreciate works that move me emotionally.

last edited at May 2, 2015 8:47AM

Blackkitty
Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

So it's tragedy, am i gonna cry in the end :( ?

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

LOL. Y'all think Americans are prudes?? I'm not gonna lie, I'm totally one, but most other normal Americans I know are sleeping with every Tom, Jane, what have you . But I've got nothing against decapitation, as long as it's in the books and not by Isis. >-> I love a good murder mystery after all (tho, I'm about 99% sure that you didn't mean it like that).

I am not sure if my experience on the matter is relevant (being a non-American) but every time I go to the USA, it's the same - I have to deal with a hail of men hitting on me and somehow out of nowhere I turn out to be a very desired woman(not my fault, back home I am not at all), having lonely-wolf kind of character I find it annoying... so I mastered perfectly turning down invitations..... well, a male gay friend of mine(nice person and we get on well since i also go for women so he was open to me) asked me to marry him for a Green Card xD which i refused momentarily and without a second thought, i missed my chance to become an American citizen xD there are still people who are nagging about it..
Mystery novels, I love too, but i am a bit old-fashioned fan of Agatha Christie, though after reading certain amount of her works, the plot of poisoning someone to death becomes pretty much obvious xD

I...what are ya'll talking about. I'm staying far away from Europe. Next stop, South Korea. :D Hm, but in all honesty, this semester's been crap, so America needs a vacay away from me. I might end up in Thailand over the summer. WITH THE TIGERSS [but I have no desire of them never finding my body again so hrm. maybe I can harness the power and become useless at being eaten. :P].

I envy you, I will have to stay the summer and take my final exams, which I missed last year.

blackkitty

HypocriticalLiar, will you consider me as a memeber of the pack if I confess reading Harry Potter 3 times xD.. though not at your ultrasonic speed xD

rescinds previous coughs

I know bestow upon you honorary pack membership. :3 Count yourself among the few! huhuhu.

I am flattered(glad you can't see my blushing now xD)

Lara , about the music, well it depends on my mood, and thanks, you reminded me to finish "A lollypop or a bullet" because, if I am not mistaken, it was on hold or something. :)

last edited at May 2, 2015 6:23AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

hahah, cute tiny little No-rae <3

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

oh... I see I was excluded from "non-touchy people club" oh kay...

Haha, don't feel lonely, you are very welcome to the dark side of monsters :P hah

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

AHH I'm loving all of this kindred spirit stuff!! In 24 hrs apparently I've found out I have more in common with all y'all than I have with 99% of the people I've met in real life.

HypocriticalLiar, will you consider me as a memeber of the pack if I confess reading Harry Potter 3 times xD.. though not at your ultrasonic speed xD

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Knowing your hardships is of much help, thanks :)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

HypocriticalLiar

I'm from Poland. We have three-cheek-kiss as a greeting but honestly I see this only in family meetings (never with strangers).

What. What's a three-cheek-kiss?? It goes Cheek 1-Cheek 2-Cheek 1?

yep, exactly ;)

My gradma kisses me that way :)

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

lol non-touchy guys here, reading your comments, I started wondering how comes no one has used some strength on me..i think i will leave the discussion embarrassed..

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

LOL! Wow, I've known a couple of affection monsters, and I've never considered them annoying (mostly because they actually tone it down for me haha). I guess it depends on the level of affection? Handshakes I can deal with. I can even deal with those pseudo-hugs (mostly from those hugging monsters lol). But I cannot deal with sincere hugs at all. Friends. Family. Nada.

I need a bubble around me, to put it another way lol.

Extreme example: last (and only) time someone from another culture did the whole kiss double cheek greeting thing, well...I couldn't comprehend that my bubble had literally just exploded and (to my shame) I just stopped talking with my mouth hung open. I mean, I obviously recovered. But, ya know, not before everyone else noticed. -_-; Now the other people I know from the same culture try to ward off friends who would do the same so that there's not a repeat event. Nice, but still embarrassing lolol.

Another culture, you mean not Americans? Well, from where I come from, which is somewhere in Eastern Europe, that double-cheek-kiss would be ok accepted(probably)but generally shaking hands and hugs is the common way of greeting people.And when I was to the USA, I think I noticed some people definitely were a little surprised of how I greeted them xD

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Blackkitty

So, how do people who don't like initiating physical contacts view people who naturally are
into expressing affection sincerely even to people they meet for the first time? Are they annoying or something? I rarely consider people's feelings when it comes to that...

Well... I'm just feeling uncomfortable. But because of my body language these situation rarely happenig to me. I'm clearly showing people that I don't like that so they don't even try. But when someone is clueless... xD well, it depends. Mostly I don't mind about it (especially if someone is cute) but I usually say in very kind words to them to not doing it again in future because it bothers me.

Sounds fair enough, haha yeahh i am clueless most of the time, maybe should try change that and cause no more potential inconveniences to people, because usually sooner or later they just surrender before my desires xD

You know, for me physical contact is very important. Probably not in a way as for other people. For me it has much more deep meaning that's why it's important who and how touches me. For one person hugging, touching shoulder, clap in the back can be nothing special for other not :P Everything depends about person ;)

Well, for me as well, I mean I always put a lot of heart into my actions,i wouldn't say it's not special, probably that's why i don't pay much attention and being a bit of a klutz I remain oblivious of other's feelings :) thanks for the insight, i mean i need a reminder from time to time :D

last edited at Apr 30, 2015 4:35AM

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Blackkitty

So, how do people who don't like initiating physical contacts view people who naturally are
into expressing affection sincerely even to people they meet for the first time? Are they annoying or something? I rarely consider people's feelings when it comes to that...

Well... I'm just feeling uncomfortable. But because of my body language these situation rarely happenig to me. I'm clearly showing people that I don't like that so they don't even try. But when someone is clueless... xD well, it depends. Mostly I don't mind about it (especially if someone is cute) but I usually say in very kind words to them to not doing it again in future because it bothers me.

Sounds fair enough, haha yeahh i am clueless most of the time, maybe should try change that and cause no more potential inconveniences to people, because usually sooner or later they just surrender before my desires xD

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

OriginalGengar

IT WAS ALWAYS HARRY/HERMIONE DAMMIT.

Thank you! Why does nobody ever complain about that?

Because it's not this thread xD?

trafi

I think it's just her being afraid of having a closer relationship with Seol-A and getting hurt, not her being awkward initiating physical contact.

HypocriticalLiar
Actually y'all, I think trafi's right. I half-compiled all the "contact" No-rae moments and was going to analyze them, but it ended up taking way longer than I expected lol. Not enough hrs in the day with finals looming (and fifty bazillion projects/papers/assignments. evil professors).

To be fair, out of all the moments, the only one No-rae's actually ever initiated contact with was Kkyeong (the kid totally doesn't count haha), and even then, it was only three-ish times (and near the very start of the comic). Everyone else (and there's 50+ odd moments), it's been them->No-rae, including Hee-jin and her bro.

That being said, I'm now revising my opinion to No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with. She seemed pretty flustered (as well) the couple of times we saw Ji-hwan touch her as well (well, when she wasn't drunk anyways lol).

From my personal POV I can tell you I don't initiating physical contact not because I'm afraid of having a closer relationship with someone but because I just don't like it. it's something like HypocriticalLiar wrote "No-rae is awkward with physical contact with everyone she's not ridiculously close with." - but I would change that "ridiculously" :P it depends about person. I had very close friend but I still didn't initiating physical contact with her because no. But one time I met a girl and it just clicked. We just met but I felt comfortable with her and I don't have this "physical contact barrier" with her.

Also I agree that kids don't count. Another similarities - me & No-Rae - I have exactly the same relationship with my 3yo niece

into expressing affection sincerely even to people they meet for the first time? Are they annoying or something? I rarely consider people's feelings when it comes to that.. my best friend doesn't like, need, seek for example to hug people and one time she explained to me that there is some part of her brain that makes her not like it.. anyway, since i'm being me all the time she exclaimed once: 'jeez, Maria, because of your affections i had enough for a week, now i won't let even my boyfriend hug me because of you xD I am terrible but she loves me anyway xD

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

The part of FF where both heroin end up at no-rae's country house reminded me so much of NANA manga...........
God I miss NANA so much........

NANA..<3

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

Never loved Monday so much as these days. It's crazy. Got a smile plastered on my face all of the Monday just gone by.

Same here, it's surprising how this tiny detail can change my since-forever-lasting natural hatred towards Mondays :D

Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

When I read some people saying FF is draggy or something similar I feel like they don't seem to understand how nice is that the story isn't jumping because it feels natural and sweeter. I don't want the story to rush confessions or kisses unless it feels natural. I think the fact that the story moves slowly is the reason why I really love this manhwa. Of course, that doesn't mean I don't like it when yuri story have kisses from the beginning, I just think it's sweeter when it happens slowly.

There are trolls everywhere, just ignore them and enjoy the steady pace of narration :)

Blackkitty
Lily Love discussion 28 Apr 08:24
Phpol1pm9_c1pm
joined Feb 3, 2015

but don't you think we should create a scantalating syndicate and release yuri stuff in every corner of the world...

Thumbs up!Make yuri, not war!!
Totally fan of the art and the facial expressions in Lily Love, pleasure for senses :)