OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Reserved.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

On series status tags

There is currently nowhere on the site to define the series status tags. An effort will be made to do so here.

Abandoned - The series has been left dormant for at least eighteen months with no explanation given. Not enough information is known to provide a better categorization.

Cancelled - The series has been explicitly cancelled by its artist or publisher. May be paired with the Completed tag when its scanlation is complete.

Completed - The series' scanlation has been completed.

Dropped - The series has been explicitly dropped by its scanlation team.

Licensed - The series has been licensed in the US. A series being licensed does not automatically imply it will be removed, please refer to the FAQ for more information.

Not Updated - The series is no longer updated on Dynasty Reader, even though further scanlated chapters exist. Please refer to MangaDex or other online readers to find more chapters.

On Hiatus - The series has been explicitly put on hiatus by its artist or publisher.

Ongoing - The series' scanlation remains actively ongoing.

Removed - The series has been removed from Dynasty Reader. Please refer to the series description or thread for further information.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

On rule application for past events

Rules are only considered as being in effect from the date that they are codified in the Rules thread. Past offences previously not codified are not and will never be considered when weighing disciplinary action. However, in some rare cases, certain past posts may be removed upon review of their respective threads. This is not a statement about any individual users' posting habits, or a judgement of them as a person. Rather, we find it preferable to remove the most blatant forms of toxicity when we encounter it, regardless of the post's age or the poster in question. You may refer to two examples here and here. Thank you.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

On Tag Usage, And Tag Suggestions

Certain tags, like Rape and Violence are meant to warn readers of story elements they do not wish to see. These ought to be tagged even if a story contains only small amounts of them, given that seeing them may be sufficiently unpleasant for many readers.

Other tags, like Bisexual and Bath are meant to describe story elements that appear in a meaningful way. A bath being present for 1 page in a 20 page manga does not qualify said manga for the Bath tag. This tag is better used in onsen, public bathing, or stories in which the bath itself is of other significant relevance. A girl having dated a boy once or making a single comment in a 20 page manga that "this is her first time with a girl" does not qualify said manga for the Bisexual tag. This tag should describe characters who earn the tag with their actions or communicate their identity through their words.

In sum, we are less interested in the technical definition of the tag, and more interested in providing suitably curated content to folks interested in those tags in the first place.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Extra Reading Material Pertinent To The Site (continued till end of page)

On the distinction between Yuri and Futanari

Tags are a means of categorizing content on the site such that it is easier to find what one wishes to find, and avoid what one wishes to avoid. In general, we do not mix the Futanari and Transgender tags. In general, we do not mix the Yuri and Futanari tags, unless both are separately present. This does not mean that women with penises do not exist. However, we draw a distinction between Futanari as a genre and Yuri that simply happens to have a Transgender character.

Futanari may be appealing to many trans readers, but it is also unappealing to many others. Futanari as a genre tends to differ rather greatly from the Yuri genre, or more nuanced and grounded stories that may appear in the Transgender tag. By treating these genres distinctly, we are able to more accurately portray the contents of a given story. If you, the reader, wish to consider Futanari equivalent to Yuri, or Transgender, or both, you are more than welcome to do so.

As always, there will be exceptions. Some stories may exist that bridge the gap(s) between these genres, and those stories will be tagged appropriately.

last edited at Nov 30, 2022 7:35PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Bugs

1. When using an adblocker or Ghostery, the Lists feature may not work as intended. You may disable those services on the site - we don't run ads and never will. If you wish to keep those services enabled, opening the desired list button as a new tab will allow chapters to be added to a list.

2. It is possible for new accounts to get caught in the spam filter when they use the "Preview Post" button too frequently on a single post, or use certain phrases. If you have trouble with this, please contact us and we'll get you sorted.

3. In rare circumstances, the blacklist / whitelist feature can have unexpected consequences. Please contact us if you have troubles with this feature.

4. For technical reasons, the linkback from a forum thread to its linked manga is unavailable when not logged into the site. This is not a bug.

5. In very rare instances, chapters in a series may be automatically duplicated some time after upload, or their order may be automatically shuffled some time after upload. If instances of this are discovered, please report them here.

6. The email subscription feature no longer works for all users. Being worked on.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Site Navigation

Certain chapters will be in a long strip format rather than a page-by-page format. Please use the Resize button in the top-right of the screen to read these.

The site has an in-built Lists feature to help you keep track of what you're reading and categorise it as desired. This feature may be accessed on desktop and mobile, as shown below.

If you do not enjoy certain content and do not wish to interact with it at all, the site does offer a blacklist feature. You may blacklist up to 5 tags; blacklisting will remove them from the front page, though you will still see these tags in searches. You may access the blacklist feature like so:

last edited at Mar 19, 2024 1:56PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

FAQ

How do I delete my account?

Please post in this thread, and we will take care of you.

I know a manga or image that should be on the site, how do I upload?

You may use the Upload Request feature - also available in the dropdown menu by your username - for any work you believe belongs on the site, and we will review and (if approved) add the suggestion when possible. Please note in your request if you are the artist/commissioner/translator, etc. as this will speed up our process significantly (you do not need to do this if your username makes this obvious).

Will I receive feedback on my upload requests / tag suggestions?

Unfortunately due to a variety of factors, we are unable to easily respond to individual upload requests or tag suggestions. If your request has not made it onto the site within a few weeks, any user is welcome to broach those topics in the Help thread. Should you wish for a more private setting, you may reach out via email or on Discord. I am always available for dm at Orange Pekoe#0863, or you may highlight me in any channel within the Dynasty Discord Server

This story is missing a tag!

We do our best to be clear and consistent in our tagging choices, but we do miss things from time to time. Tag requests or discussion within a chapter's thread are acceptable to a point, but these will not be immediately sent to us for review. Please use the tag suggestion feature shown below if you feel an entry is missing something. If it is not replied to in a timely manner, you may wish to post the suggestion in the Help thread.

Can I search for two tags at once?

Yes, you may. Click the search field and hit enter, or use this link.

Is it possible to search the forum?

You cannot search the forum directly, but you may use Google, by typing "site:dynasty-scans.com" (remove the quotation marks) at the beginning of your search. Or use this template.

Why is my favourite series still on the Reader even though it was licensed?

Any work licensed in the US will be removed at the discretion of the publisher(s) and scanlation team(s) involved. Works that lack a scanlation until after the manga has been licensed are not typically uploaded, but exceptions may be made.

Is it possible to sort manga by rating/views/etc.?

No, we do not offer public data of that nature. You may wish to visit the Recommendations Thread for recommendations.

I want to be more involved in the community!

We have an off-topic thread for any use, the Dynasty Cafe, and we also have a Discord server, as previously mentioned. Feel free to drop into either any time!

last edited at Feb 1, 2023 12:07AM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Current Dynasty Staff:

• Casusby (administrator)
  • Tentacles (administrator)
  • drpepperfan (administrator)
  • omnscient0 (administrator)
  • OrangePekoe (administrator)
  • Stan Miller (general staff)
  • runrin (general staff)
  • Norainhere (uploader)
  • Altair (uploader)
  • Alice (forum moderator)
  • Nezchan (forum moderator, retired)
  • A5PECT (Discord moderator)
  • Vaver (Discord moderator)
OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Welcome to the new Help thread!

In this thread, any and all suggestions for the Reader are welcome. Any reports of forum misdeeds or questions regarding forum moderation are welcome. Any scanlation updates or fixes are welcome.

Please familiarise yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.

If you're new or otherwise unfamiliar, I highly recommend checking out the variety of user-made tools for the site, they can be found in the Userscripts Masterpost.

Before posting a suggestion or asking for help, please consider reading the FAQ below and the Markdown Guide. The FAQ does list most of the common problems and questions, and answers already provided there.

This thread succeeds FAQ, Help, & Suggestions. Ideally, posts made in that thread in the past should be directed here from now on.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Titanoktonon posted:

This?

And the relevant context related to the covers is right in the top post of that thread, too! I've studied a bunch of Tsubomi covers and as far as I know they never had anything like that. Very cool idea.

last edited at Nov 29, 2022 10:55PM

joined Mar 20, 2013

Lizstar posted:

Every week when this updates I check it out and it's consistently like the best thing on this site

Why do you think it's the best? Also, happy (early) birthday!

joined Mar 20, 2013

Yuri is in our sights

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

jq- posted:

I want to suggest a "Public transportation" tag! (or some similar name, because I'm bad with names......)

I was imagining using it to mark works with settings on public transportation (like buses or trains or planes) because isn't it everyone's fantasy to break the monotony of commuting life with a meetcute???

Some works that made me think of this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_love_yet_to_bloom
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/our_15_minute_secret_garden
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/one_sided_love

We're totally doing it! Soliciting better name ideas though, cos I couldn't come up with anything better yet either.

joined Mar 20, 2013

Removed a few nonconstructive, overly personal comments that had nothing to do with the manga or its related discussions. Tomorrow should be good!

last edited at Nov 19, 2022 10:18PM

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Hirari in 2022 yay

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

random posted:

I see it like that after going thru the story in me head.

Yeah, 'bout what I figured.

Might I suggest going through the story in the actual text instead?

I don't see why this comment was necessary. If you have nothing constructive to say, there's really no need to reply at all. Though I do hope you'll take the follow-up comments and contribute your own perspective in a more mindful manner.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

DumShork posted:

This post is just needlessly inflammatory and unnecessary. I've seen several posts from people with similar attitudes lately, and the rude, smug superiority attitude without regard for other points of view has become grating.

Yeah, agreed.

OrangePekoe Admin
joined Mar 20, 2013

Not particularly thrilled to see a user running around with a swastika avatar: https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/posts?user_id=72091

I'm obviously well aware that the symbol is used in Buddhist contexts, but anyone choosing it as an avatar sans any other context almost certainly knows the antisemitic implications and I'm not inclined to assume good faith.

Yes, thank you. They're gone.

joined Mar 20, 2013

I understand and appreciate the effort to keep things civil, but in effort to respect the artist and their efforts I think it unfair to censor their works and discussion of it, in context, because of some bad actors and or out of context interpretation.

don't forget about the very first time that you guys had to shut down a convo that devolved into accusations of alt accounts and discord servers. this manga's comment section is wild

Going to assume you got mixed up in the reply system. It’s not very intuitive, so that does happen sometimes. Just want to clarify that Green777 was not involved in that, and I don’t see an issue with the other posts they’ve made here. The thread has indeed been a bit wild at times, though.

last edited at Nov 16, 2022 5:08PM