Forum › Posts by cyricc

cyricc
Anime season 06 Jan 18:23
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

So, Citrus. I'm not much a fan of the manga but the first ep has got me looking forward to the rest. They definitely know where to allocate their animation budget, at least.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Cloy552 posted:

I don't know why I'm tearing up from this chapter. It was literally two pages and it gave me such a fluffy feeling and just whyyy? The rest was funny and made me chuckle to myself but then just her seeing and remembering the first doujin she got is making me tear up?

You're not alone! For me I think it was seeing her progress toward accepting herself. Yes, it's slow going and she takes a step back for every two steps forward, but today she looked at something that represented a major milestone in her descent to otakudom and instead of expressing shame and denial as she usually does she felt inspired and empowered. She wrote a gay fanfic she was proud of and for once a chapter ends without her feeling compelled to make excuses for how happy she is to be true to the yuri fujoshi she is inside. It was beautiful.

last edited at Jan 5, 2018 10:18PM

cyricc
Anime season 04 Jan 22:06
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Yurucamp looks pretty promising. Haven't read the manga but the first ep reminded me of Flying Witch and Aiura. Looks to be the comfy show of the season for sure.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

SF posted:

Bruh, It's one of my goals in life to be apart of an EDM rave! I'm a huge fan of Electronic Dance Music! Tracks like this always get me hyped!

Do it! Hearing tracks like this blasting out of a proper soundsystem surrounded by a hyped up crowd is just a totally awesome experience! And then before you know it you're spending hundreds or thousands of dollars a year chasing that next fix...

Suosiki posted:

Yes, but I am a snobby snobby snob, so I like styles of EDM few have ever heard of. But I love 90s techno music, Suomisaundi and Goa.

Last year I had the privilege to visit Tokyo. The culture of staying out until the first train on the weekend means that the city is friendly to all-night dancing. I'm sober and have experienced the "busted party" too many times (I'm American), so I appreciated that.

I'm actually a fan of Goa/psytrance, but yeah everyone I know just thinks it's really weird. Really want to go to a psytrance festival at some point but it seems like a pretty niche thing in the US, and the ones that do exist all seem to involve camping out in the woods which I'm really not down for.

Do people in Tokyo get as wasted as Americans tend to do over NYE? The few times I've gone out for NYE here I found the level of overall drunkenness way too extreme for me to enjoy myself.

last edited at Jan 2, 2018 3:52AM

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Wow. This is just too damn cute.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Is anyone else here into EDM/raves? I'm normally pretty shy and antisocial but there's nothing I love more than going to a rave in a ridiculous outfit and dancing all night until I can't stand up. Just got home from a weekend festival and I'm still buzzing... happy new year everyone!

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Oh, I didn't take you as being rude in any way at all. Believe me I've totally been there in regards to not being able to afford stuff, I screwed up my life for a while after college and have only recently started to turn it around. Also Okami is definitely a great choice, I'm thinking of picking up the PC remaster when it goes on sale.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Oh my god. The mochiverse is truly a blessed place. Also I'm loving the hairstyle reversal.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Speaking of Flying Witch, my blu-ray copy just came in and I'm ready for max comfy redux. The entire aesthetic of the show is just so wonderfully pleasant and understated. I really don't know of any other show quite like it.

If you want an uplifting game, take a look at Journey on the PS4. Easily one of the most beautiful games ever made and probably my #2 top game ever (and I've played a lot of video games). It's only 2-3 hours long though and not free so it might not be what you had in mind if you're looking for something to occupy your time with.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

rincewind posted:
And don't forget 'A Little Lily Princess'. I love that game so much! I can't have enough Victorian age yuri!
Starlight Vega is a nice one too. I love Melody's route.

Oh yes, Little Lily Princess is great! The quality of the writing (as in the usage of the English language) is second to none in a VN. It really feels like all the lines are taken straight out of an English lit novel. I haven't read the book so I'm guessing some of them are, but the style is consistent through the gay parts as well. A really refreshing break from deciphering awkward translations.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

I really love the art of this series, but is it just me or are some of the lines just kind of... nonsensical? Maybe just translation issues? I found the conversation on pages 9-10 genuinely difficult to follow and after rereading it a few times I'm still not 100% sure I'm interpreting it correctly:

• "I don't care if anyone complains, but I won't accept what she says." Based on the speech bubble layout, this is presumably Makino's line. Why would anyone complain? Complain about what? "She" refers to... the president? Is this just a very stilted way of saying that Makino isn't interested in dating the president?
  • All of page 10. I assume all the spoken lines on this page are Seo's. Is she accusing Makino of "harassment" and "imposing" on her for returning her cigarettes? What reason does she have to believe that Makino "perceives" her unfairly, as her dialogue suggests? Is she just being irrationally upset with Makino out of jealousy?
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Yesss! Merry Christmas everyone!!

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

Does anyone have a list or something of (free) yuri/lesbian themed games? I've tried going through itch.io, but there's so much on there that it's kind of a pain to navigate. I tried "female protagonist" and "romance" but there doesn't seem to be a way to filter out things like otome games...

I don't have a list per se, but Ebi-hime is a good writer and has a couple of free yuri VNs (Lucky me lucky you, Once on a windswept night, Emmeline Burns). Not free, but on the Steam sale right now there are some excellent VNs for under $3:

There's also the aforementioned free Butterfly Soup, which is definitely my favorite free yuri VN. Don't play this one first, it'll spoil you :)

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

So happy to see this coming back! Time to reread the series...

cyricc
Image Comments 20 Dec 03:32
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015
En-941898289686835200

just succumb to the temptation and multiship

Enlightenment is holding two contradictory ships in one's mind simultaneously, and believing both to be true.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Butterfly soup is great! Played it a couple of times. Hopefully she makes a sequel soon.

God, yes. I would do shameful things for an Akarsha x Noelle sequel.

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Anyone here played Butterfly Soup? Came across some Tumblr fanart and picked it up, and hot damn it was good stuff. It's cute and gay and has some of the most believably written dialogue I've seen in a VN. Also it's free!

cyricc
Anime season 17 Dec 09:32
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

MistressTiramisu posted:

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this, I usually post in the off-topic thread but I wanted to ask for some anime recommendations real quick.

Basically I want some really comfy slice-of-life series. The ones I've enjoyed the most off the top of my head were Flying Witch and GJ Club, so I'm after something in a similar vein to those.

Haven't watched GJ Club, but Flying Witch is one of my favorites! Konohana Kitan and Girls Last Tour this season are pretty great. If you mean in general, there's K-ON, Non non biyori, Aria, Tamayura, Amanchu, and many more I could name...

cyricc
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:
Oh, is it not supposed to work for the chapters in a series when you've subscribed to a series like that? I could have sworn it worked that way in the past but I must be mistaken then. It'd be nice to have as an option though, if possible.

Edit: Now that I'm thinking on it I may have confused a chapter that showed up in the random/featured slot with the chapters that show up on the main part of the page.

I'm working on a sensible way to integrate some options into the site UI. At the moment the plan is to allow the user to toggle marking/inheritance as well as customize the marking color for built in site lists, potentially extending to user-defined lists in the future (the main issue with this would be defining some kind of priority order for chapters that belong to multiple lists, I'm also not sure how useful it would really be for custom lists). Might have something by the end of next week, depending on how much time I can escape from relatives :)

On a side note, anyone using an old version of Gallery Viewer without autoupdates (before v1.6) should update to the latest version! There have been a number of improvements, most significant being an integrated comment viewer as well as keyboard navigation.

last edited at Dec 17, 2017 7:19AM

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Ship level: yamato cannon

cyricc
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Alice Cheshire posted:

Hey cyricc, for some reason the mark read script doesn't seem to be updating properly for me right now. I subscribed to Catcher in the Rhyme (the series itself, not the first chapter to be clear) and it still doesn't show up properly on the front page or the recently added page.

I don't seem to be getting any errors in the console either. Just checked my local storage and it is in fact set on the to read map too.

Based on what you're showing me here, this actually appears to be expected behavior, assuming you don't have a status set for the chapter itself. Subscribed and To Read status on groupings do not inherit to their chapters. To clarify, can you tell me exactly which statuses you have set/unset on the series and also the chapter in question?

If having subscribed/toread statuses inheritable would be beneficial to your... workflow (for lack of a better term), I could see about adding it in. It wouldn't be difficult or anything, the only reason it's not enabled is due to performance concerns since the way inheritance is handled can have a pretty high network cost for large lists (it makes an individual server request for every series it finds in the list).

last edited at Dec 15, 2017 12:17AM

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Really cute! Hoping for a sequel..

Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Really enjoyed this chapter, Micchan POV is the perfect chance for us to watch Sana and Ayane just being everyday gay in between the drama.

cyricc
1 x ½ discussion 13 Dec 18:31
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015

Oh yes things finally getting spicy!

cyricc
Image Comments 13 Dec 08:28
Cinnabar-profile
joined Aug 3, 2015
Doeuvmxumaaw6wm-orig

This pair is in dire need of more doujins.