Forum › Posts by halmoni

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

wtf I had so much fun reading this chapter drama llama and salty tears mmm - http://pastebin.com/Pa9uLgaq

idk I'm a sucker for Ssamba's inner monologues like dayum hit me right in the feels
seol-a was crying because she didn't get enough guac in her burrito rly sad I know

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I was a little surprised to be honest, because the art in this looks different from FF. And the characters also look different too, it made me think why Ssamba didn't use this for FF too. Also the backgrounds are different and well drawn too. Maybe she has more time to draw this one while FF has to be done in one week

It's called "The Best Combi" (short for combination), and it was some detective mystery manhwa if I remember correctly. After Ssamba decided to discontinue it for whatever reason, it was rehashed into FF. So that's why the two main characters look just like No-rae and Seol-a (and hence No-rae got her hair cut into a bob like character she was based on). I think Ji-hwan was in the original story too.

The style probably looks different because the original was a more serious drama, while FF is a romantic comedy/slice of life.

last edited at Jan 17, 2016 6:22PM

halmoni Uploader
halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

yo Halmoni
what does the author's note say? I get the gist of it using google translate but I'm afraid of making my own translations
also, the written text near the part that translates to 'It was fun working with new faces for the first time in a long while.'
ssamba's art sure is nice but her handwriting is still damn hard to read lol

yoooo my bad I totally forgot about those lol I've added them

bruh deciphering Ssama's handwriting is probably the most time-consuming process for me LOL

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

A syndrom of "only six faces".

le negative nancy strikes again gg

for all the non negative nancy's, I stayed up for this shiet: http://pastebin.com/qcpGcmzN

SSAMBA NEVER FAILS TO DELIVER JESUS THAT SNOW SCENE THO

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

jesus 18 in and we finaly get something but that something should have happened 15 chapters ago! how long is this going to be?! or its going to have to most anti climatic ending...

The author said it's going to be about 100 chapters long

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Thanks Halmoni!

I don't understand what really mean Ina, I don't understand the meaning of << "totally not a pushover" No-rae~>>

Very literally in Korean, the conversation went something like "Don't think of her as being easy" and "blah blah blah 'totally not easy' No-rae". In this context, being "easy" means like it's easy for other people to influence you/control you, so you're an "easy" target. Being seen as easy can also imply that the person is looking down on you or like underestimating you. idk maybe I'll change it in the final version

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

One thing I'm not sure has ever been clarified. Who's older, No-rae or Seol-a?

Assuming they were both born in the same year, No-rae is older by a few months. She was born sometime in the spring, and Seol-a was born in the fall.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

In chapter 57, when Norae told Enah she liked someone, she addressed that someone as "they". Is it common in Korean language to not identify 3rd party as he or she?

If it's not common, I think it's pretty obvious she's talking about a girl. Addressing someone she liked as "he" is much easier but she didn't do it

When they're talking about Seol-a, No-rae refers first refers to her as "a person that I like" (좋아하는 사람). Then she refers to Seol-a as "child" (그 애, variations include 그 아이 or 걔; changes to 얘/쟤 depending on location of the person you're talking about) which is just another informal gender neutral term to refer to someone who's either younger or around your age. In Korean, it's very common to omit the subject or object of a sentence (i.e. "When [we're] together...[I'm] happy. Even if [we] aren't doing anything. [x] = omitted), and that's how the rest of the conversation goes.

Pronouns are usually omitted if you can understand from the context. It's much more convenient to either omit pronouns or use shorter gender neutral pronouns, than to say "he" or "she". No-rae probably didn't want to suddenly come out of the closet and tell her boss that she was in love with a girl.

Btw, I thought No-Rae was really cute and sweet this chapter, especially at the start, telling Seol-A she looked so pretty, asking for the pics, getting nervous when Seol-A didnt say anything. Haha, come on Seol-A, she is being obvious :p

Seol-a was silent because she was surprised by No-rae's forwardness lol. It was kinda hard to tell, but I think Seol-a was blushing + a bit dumbfounded after No-rae said she wanted Seol-a's unedited pictures for "personal" use. And then No-rae had to justify herself.

last edited at Jan 4, 2016 3:01AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015
halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

boop - http://pastebin.com/KRs00fRb

No-rae's inner monologues are the best

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

herpderp - http://pastebin.com/Y3gGGx9z

Honestly I've read as much translates stuff, then I read the pictures of the yet-untranslated manga up to chapter 38. Honestly long, drawn-out romance with tons of het interference irks me a ton. So can anyone convince me to keep up with this series?

FF is actually a yaoi series 0/10 would not recommend

last edited at Dec 20, 2015 2:32PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

ch. 55 eng trans - http://pastebin.com/QzQw3ufz

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Are you sure that revealing such an important intel about you is a good idea ?

It honestly isn't really "important intel" since I've changed my legal name to my English name lol I haven't used my Korean name since like elementary school

And I'm sure plenty of other Korean girls have the same name as well.

@romantic_reader
LOL I doubt Ssamba knows that I exist and even if they did, they wouldn't have known about my Korean name

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I think this is the first time i read a korean name spelled like that halmoni,
Yoon I-Na is more like what i used to encounter lol

Anyways, good luck on your finals, big boss grandma :)

yeah idk that's how I always spelled it romanized korean can suck my balls

I've seen people with names like "Ina/Inna" who pronounce it as "ih-nuh" with a soft 'i' sound, instead of the hard 'e' sound. About 90% of people that I've met have mispronounced my Korean name as "eh-nah" with a soft 'e' sound. So I just think my name is hard to romanize in general, but we'll follow w/e the official romanized guide says.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

?: It's nice to meet you. My name is Yoon Enah. (t/n: WTF THIS IS MY EXACT BIRTH KOREAN NAME SPELLING AND EVERYTHING LMFAOOOOO)

Must be highlighted xDDDD.

Bruuuh the weirdest part was that we have the same surname too.

Fun fact, my name is actually kind of a pun based on the phrase "윤(이) 나다" (yoon (ee) nah dah), which means "to be bright/shiny".

@ffins07

WDTFS - I really do like the art. It's right up my alley, but I am sooo tired of the promiscuity theme with adult, lesbian stories. I've only read the first two chapters or whatever was posted on Dynasty, and I'm not really trying to read anything more.

I was hesitant to translate WDFS at first since I thought it was gonna go down that route too (sexy girls with huge cow tits having orgies in every chapter untz untz), but the story does get more complex as the chapters progress. And have you heard of our lord and savior Sungji? Although WDFS does contain the whole promiscuous cougar lesbian theme, it also has stories of first love, broken relationships, unrequited love, etc. The first chapter is a really poor representation of the story development that happens in later chapters.

last edited at Dec 6, 2015 9:46PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Ch. 54 eng - http://pastebin.com/1bPSdC5s

I DIDN'T REALLY HAVE TIME TO CHECK CUZ FINALS BUT HOLY SHIT WHAT A LONG ASS CHAPTER

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

마을이 끝났어여ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
처음 예고편 봤을 땐 여름도 다 지났는데 무슨 호러드라마냐 싶었는디ㅠㅠ
보면 볼수록 와 이거 장난아니다 싶더라구요.
사실 제가 오컬트물을 좀 좋아라 하거든요...;
근데 이건 무슨 오컬트+미스테리+싸이코드라마... 이러니 어떻게 안 볼 수가 있나여ㅠㅠ
드라마 자체도 너무 좋았지만 드라마가 메시지를 시사하는 방식도 상당히 직접적이고 강렬해서..
여운이 많이 남네요...
하...잘가요 혜진쌤ㅠㅠ 잘가요 소윤쌤..ㅠㅠ

"'The Village' has endedㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
I saw the trailer near the end of summer and thought, 'What is this horror drama'ㅠㅠ
But as I kept on watching it, I thought, 'Wow this is no joke'.
Truthfully, I kind of like occult stuff...;
But this drama was occult + mystery + psycho... So I just had to watch itㅠㅠ
I loved the drama itself, but the way it delivered certain messages was pretty strong and direct..
I'm still thinking about it...
Sigh...Farewell, teacher Hye-jinㅠㅠ Farewell, teacher So-yoon..ㅠㅠ"

*Ssamba is referring to a Korean drama called "The Village: Achiara's Secret".

Just wondered whether anybody noticed that they made Sung-pyo study abroad in the Japanese version?

wtf why would they do that LOL Korean translations of Japanese manga don't suddenly change names or story elements that aren't consistent with our culture. That reminds me of how a lot of Japanese games/anime in the past used to get americanized when they were brought over to the U.S.

How is the Japanese version gonna explain the princess leia lamb towels + pink uniforms in chapter 53???

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

There is one thing that I can't fully grasp. Why would someone be scarred of a relationship because of issues irrelevant to the relationship. I mean I can understand if he was feeling insecure that No-rae didn't like him, or he was afraid she would dump him. But why be scarred of the relationship, when his problem was the fact that he couldn't play soccer anymore? I know being stressed or depressed over it is a part of the explanation, but this still doesn't make complete sense to me.

It wasn't about the stress from not being able to play soccer, it was the way he was treating No-rae because of the stress. He ignored her, didn't tell her anything about his injury or stay in the hospital, told her to pretend like they don't know each other, and left without a word. All because he didn't want No-rae to see him in that state. He knew what he did hurt No-rae, and after realizing this, he decided it would be best to break up because he was afraid of treating No-rae the same way again in the future.

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

Ch. 53 eng trans - http://pastebin.com/nnZhfwXc

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

No salty tears this week? How will I keep myself young w/o dem tears???? The Korean readers on comico this week also seem to have calmed down from their salty rampage of "WHERE IS SEOLRAE GIMME", so good job on holding out everyone lol

Ch. 52 eng trans - http://pastebin.com/qvsj6WYm

Also concerning the app, I'll look into it after I get home today so yeah hopefully we'll figure something out. The android app is still working for me though.

last edited at Nov 22, 2015 2:32PM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

That my perception of FF for now and I doubt any wall of text is going to change my feelings about this. I think other people around here feel the same, but they just don’t voice it. So here I am, because I feel it needs to be said instead of bathing in universal praise.

It's almost like you didn't even read anything anyone has said to you lmao

because I feel it needs to be said instead of bathing in universal praise.

^Passive-aggressive comments like this are completely unnecessary, and this is exactly what I meant when I said you're provoking others into responding to you

But whatever there's no point in having a discussion with someone who says "I'm never going to change my opinions because I'm always right in my own head, so here enjoy". You just completely averted the issue. As a final thought, all I'm gonna say is that you have the right to have an opinion, but 1) Don't provoke others with useless shitposting and create a hostile environment where it's you vs. the world 2) It's not okay to insult or disrespect the author.

This is not necessarily true. He could still come up while they were dating and create conflict inside No-Rae's mind and as a result in their relationship too. It's not like couples don't face some drama in their relationship. Even if they have healed their past wounds, it is common for new ones to come up too.
But this is the direction Ssamba has chosen for them to take. To heal everything from the past first, which is a healthier way to develop a relationship.
I do think No-Rae would be scared off if she heard the confession though instead of accept it.

Yeah I mean it's definitely possible that Ssamba could have introduced him + No-rae's past after they got together. But like you said, it probably wouldn't have been very clean, and might have lead to a lot more complications. No-rae doesn't have a set of big gay balls yet, unfortunately.

last edited at Nov 18, 2015 5:35AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I could write an essay about what I think is wrong with FF, but then a few people here would reply with twice as long refutations and would just drown my opinion under sheer text. My lack of answer would be considered their victory, while actually it would just mean I'm not as involved as them. I'm conscious my opinion seem half-baked because of that, but watching a few people raving about FF and attempting to quell any dissenting opinion with dismissive and ad-hominem comments gets on my nerves.

When your opinions of FF are worded in such a way that serve to do nothing more than foster a hostile environment without any productive discussion and to provoke others, it really makes people wonder why you bother saying things like that in the first place. Do you enjoy getting a rise out of the common "mob mentality" plebeian fans? Some of your "criticisms" are so far-fetched that you have to resort to directly insulting or disrespecting the author. And I don't think that's okay.

If your opinion sounds stupid and lacks the evidence to back it up, it's obvious that people who think otherwise are going to call you out for it. But if you're only going to play the victim card every time and say "Wah wah these bullies are being mean to me because they don't agree with my opinion!" because you don't have legitimate, convincing arguments for said opinion, there's honestly no point in posting it in the first place. If you can't handle the heat/don't want to bother defending your opinion, again it would be best not to post such comments.

In other words, stop trying to start shit on this thread for the sake of starting shit. It doesn't add anything to the discussion, and really it's just a waste of time. If you don't think your past few comments have sounded hostile or provocative, you should go back to read them and reconsider. Provoking others into responding to you and then whining about those responses because they're "mean" is hardly "BITING THE ANKLES OF BULLIES FOR LE JUSTICE". If you tell someone they look like crap, don't be surprised when they end up punching you in the face. If you can't handle the heat, don't dish it out.

Do you really believe that the majority of people here would read your negative criticisms and nod their heads while jerking you off and saying "Mmhmm, yup yup, you're so right Nya-chan! I'm SO stupid haha I can't believe I've never thought of FF that way before!"? People are clearly going to want to argue against you or ask you to justify your answer.

last edited at Nov 18, 2015 4:28AM

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I'm not sure Ssamba put that much thought in her story. People here sure are in deep.

The curtains were fucking blue.

But then, I've done the same for other stories, so...

It's called basic reading comprehension, my friend.

Ah yes, clearly Ssamba took a month and a half vacation to Hawaii during the hiatus. Definitely wasn't working on the story or whatever. I mean it's not like Ssamba mentioned anything about working on FF while on hiatus

halmoni Uploader
Jjjtjtjtjy
joined Jan 6, 2015

I think people are mostly just frustrated because there was some serious progress towards a confession and then... new story-arc. Personally, I have been waiting for this arc. I always wondered what really happened between No-rae and her ex. To be honest I feel slightly frustrated sometimes myself, but that's is precisely why I love this story. Ssamba keeps us on the edge, wanting more and more. A true fan-base isn't built from instant fan gratification/ fast pacing... A good story will make you want to stay until the very end no matter how long it takes. FF is a good one.

I think someone else said this before, but it's completely possible that No-rae could have rejected Seol-a if she had confessed at that exact moment. We know No-rae likes Seol-a, but we don't know if she's prepared for relationship/healed from her whatever happened with her ex. What would be the point of introducing Sung-pyo after Seol-a had confessed?

If he hadn't interrupted, best case scenario would be that No-rae and Seol-a are together and he suddenly becomes an irrelevant character. We never get to find out what happened between him and No-rae, and No-rae magically gets over her inability to completely trust/love people somehow. Ssamba introduced a part of No-rae's past to us, and now there's no real reason to finish that story. It just wouldn't have been a good choice plot-wise to have No-rae and Seol-a become a couple in that chapter.

The other scenario would be that No-rae rejects Seol-a. Now Seol-a has to deal with that somehow, but of course she wouldn't know how because she's never met Sung-pyo and she doesn't know what happened with him and No-rae. She wouldn't know about No-rae's problem and the reason why she rejected her, nor would she know how to help No-rae. No-rae herself would never confront her traumatic experience with her ex, and a major part of her character development would be cut out of the story. Ssamba could then introduce Sung-pyo after this rejection, but then Seol-a would have to go through another confession which could feel awkward or forced. The story would have been dragged out even more.