Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

"Spring Breeze in the Heart"

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

The manga itself was finished a year and a half ago, complete at 8 volumes and 61 chapters.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

i'm looking for a one-shot from this artist (or, at least, i was sure of this, but i can't find it)

http://yurimanga.net/Happy-Go-Lucky_Days_5_%5Blililicious%5D/1

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I'm assuming the author first heard the song from Carmen Maki (my typo) seeing as the other chapter titles are drawn from songs of Japanese origin of the late 1960s-1970s.

She probably did, but the Japanese being culturally myopic isn't a reason to endorse their myopia. In any case you directly used the original spiritual's title rather than a translation of the Japanese version (which is simply "Sometimes, Like a Motherless Child...), and you acknowledged the initial source in the case of the Godard film.

This series has a lesbian couple, incidentally. Seems a bit odd to recognize the hetero and gay aspects and not that.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

The chapter title most likely comes from a song performed by Carmen Mika & Blues Creation.

Seriously? That song's probably 200+ years old. It's a black spiritual.

last edited at Dec 8, 2015 10:19PM

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Read Vespa

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

HotCakes has a 3 day upload delay, whereas Lililicious has none.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I emailed you

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Yes Please

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

You have 6 and 7, MK? You wanna, like, do this?

Gulf Standard
Gardenia discussion 27 Nov 17:31
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Having Japan admit that Shinto is, in fact, a religion was one of the major steps in the Allies dismantling the prewar order.

Gulf Standard
Gardenia discussion 27 Nov 16:03
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

In general Japanese (older generations anyway) will identify as non-religious then, when pressed why they nonetheless put so much stock in traditional beliefs like the kami, will say "Well, that's not religion, it's just true."

Gulf Standard
Gardenia discussion 27 Nov 04:48
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

jtt:
Thing is that this one is one of the "original" ones. Scanlated now, but published more than 6 years ago...

Well it's plainly shooting for a throwback to the oldest generations of tragic or bittersweet yuri, so I don't know that I'd give it many points for originality. And 2009 isn't exactly the Early Days given Marimite and Utena were already fairly postmodern about these themes in 1997.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Is the stegosaurus riding a skateboard or about to bombard Vienna?

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I imagine it's not quite what you're looking for, but Mulholland Drive is one of the world's great films and is at its heart a lesbian love story. For that matter, while there's no lesbian content whatsoever, Tokyo Story was rated by directors as the greatest film ever made and has always seemed to me a sort of proto-yuri. (To be clear, you should definitely watch it for the first reason and not the second.)

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

There is no anime, and God willing there never will be.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I'm trying to hide the fact that I'm a heartless bitch, seriously.

Kill them, Nez. KILL THEM ALL

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I would say the existence of a separate spoiler thread obviates the need for black bars altogether.

Gulf Standard
HxB Fanbook discussion 23 Nov 20:23
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

More definitely exists, though I've never seen any of it. Hoshitori was still working on one of them (as of Dec. '13), but I've fallen out of contact with RingsOfFate. It's amazing to me how much better (for my money) dsr is than pretty much any professional mangaka. She's the only fan artist whose work I consistently misremember as canon.

By the way, am I correct that none of dsr's HXB/Marimite short comics (from here, here, here, here, here, and here) made it to the reader? Is there maybe no format that would easily support them?

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Heeey, this is rather unrelated but I'd really like to help out the scanlators but they didn't answer to my comment on their page...

Try http://almostkawaii.wordpress.com.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I see I've stumbled on #HowIsThisYuri: The Thread.

We should probably take off the tag

You'll break my heart, MK. Don't kowtow to these people.

Gulf Standard
Magan&Danai discussion 21 Nov 01:46
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Their dog Potato

burying the lede

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

"Note: We'll also be releasing a couple of short extras for this story soon."
http://www.lililicious.net/projectDet.php?id=228

well uh... that was that... disjointed storytelling...

You're being far too kind.

Do people not know about 4-komas?

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

The incident I'm aware of involves a massively popular shounen series basically being stolen from the mail supply and released as internet piracy before even being published in Japan, so it's hard to extrapolate. If two people from Norway and Malaysia want to scanlate a decade-old out-of-print Kari Sumako tankoubon over e-mail I don't know that they could ever be prevented or that there would be any incentive to do so.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Common, people that can typeset are way more common than translators

can not will

As it stands, I've had to start going outside the yuri genre to get things typeset, which really wasn't something I particularly wanted to do