Forum › Posts by Gulf Standard

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

We'll be ceasing scanlation of the series due to its licensing. Completed chapters will remain unless parties with relevant authority request otherwise.

Scanlation of that other series is still ongoing.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

zensunni
In any event, the line at the end of chapter 5 speaks volumes: "I couldn't just simply give up. But I didn't realize it at that time."

This was an incorrect translation. She actually says "I had to give up."

Gulf Standard
Kase-san discussion 06 Feb 11:39
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Just don't sound mean when correcting someone, or group them with "people".

Shut up.

And that reminds me I owe the scanlation team a thank you for their previous work.

Keep it.

Gulf Standard
Kase-san discussion 06 Feb 10:47
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I can't believe Phyis just left it hanging.

Maybe don't talk about people's circumstances if you don't know them? The entitlement of people is absolutely appalling.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

And to be clear my offer doesn't just stand only for Seira anyways. If Yuri Project could deal with the translation itself and the typesetting I can do the cleaning. I don't think I've looked at Comprehensive Tovarisch over there in particular but I've looked at their discussion stuff and I never did offer to help at all or anything simply because it seems a lot more decentralized than a group like Kawaii so I wasn't sure how things worked over there at all.

Yuri Project is more just a board than a group. You're welcome to use Phyis' scans (through volume 2 is scanned) and my translations. Seira is welcome to contribute as well. I don't really care who's involved or what name it's released under as long as the translations are accurate and it looks decent.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

But yeah, I'm up for doing the cleaning and redrawing, especially if it's only going to be 8 chapters or so.

The project has been sitting there for a year waiting for someone to work on it.

I am willing to come out of retirement to prevent the previous translator from releasing any further chapters of the Tovarisch series.

edit: I should clarify the sources of my grievances as you would have no way of being aware of them. The Half-ass Scan group stole AnonT's translations, sometimes verbatim, without any indication that another translation had been consulted. It also showed insufficient respect for the original author by providing inaccurate and unvetted translations of her work. Unless things have changed there significantly I recommend against working with that group.

last edited at Jan 21, 2016 6:24PM

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Faust is right - only the initial letter should be capitalized.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Is the chapter "Come home hungry" mentioned in the index unrelated to this story?

It's an unrelated one-shot, yes.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Ahahaha I changed it back sorry Pekoe

Gulf Standard
Silenzio discussion 11 Jan 19:24
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013
Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Yeah I mean your picture is of a girl, I'm not sure where the confusion is coming from

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Are you really sure that's not just good customer service

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

what is it with kouhai

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Not sure how anyone misses that at the top of page 29, Yuriko isn't wearing anything below the waist.

I don't see this, why do you say that?

Add in the rest of the context, and it's pretty glaringly obvious they had sex.

In my initial reading this was the point - we're led to believe Yuriko is merely rapacious, but at the critical moment we find she really cares for Koro.

I agree the sex doesn't change anything, I don't get why some are making a big deal out of it.

The point (again in my initial reading) isn't that they didn't have sex but that we don't know and it doesn't matter.

I think Corvus is spot-on here except for the fact of that hand. If Yuriko's meant to be holding Koro here some part of her should be visible there, unless Yuriko's got Kawhi Leonard's arms. And the way her hair's spread out suggests to me she's lying on her back.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

I don't think they had sex. I think they just cuddled, since they both had their clothes on.

This was my initial interpretation as well, that the middle panel on 29 immediately follows the top panel. This fits narratively as well, as Yuriko is learning to cherish Koro's presence itself and not just use her for her own needs.

But on reexamination, I think the people here have it right. If she's meant to be clutching Koro in that panel the position of her hand makes no sense, and the flowers are suspect. As poor a way to convey it as it is, I think that's intended as a one-panel sex scene.

If true this drops the story from one I'm fairly fond of to basically a zero for me. There's no character redemption. It's just a dumb story about a bad lady.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

The major conflict of the story is her inability to get Matsuri to take her protestations of love seriously. By the end of the story this is clearly no longer the case; it's been resolved in a positive direction. In no sense is this a tragic arc.

If you think the point of the extra is "rejection," all I can say is you misread it.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Wait why is this tragedy? I feel like people read an entirely different story

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Reply to this post if anyone is interested in me.

I can guarantee you wouldn't ever run out of things to do.

Gulf Standard
My Odile discussion 27 Dec 17:15
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Thor:
Glad that this had the Aaaaangst tag or I might have accidentally read it. Sounds like I dodged a bullet.

Don't understand why some people like reading tragedies. There's enough tragedy in Real Life, why go to fiction to wallow in even more of it?

Here's another list of works to avoid you might find useful.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

There's older.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Thiaguinho:
True, but we know 100% sure in most cases that the guys are indeed straight without doubt.

Indeed do we not, for it is the love that dare not speak its name

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Male homoeroticism has been a prominent feature in fiction for basically as long as fiction has existed.

Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

Watch Cave of the Yellow Dog everybody

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

dpf:
who the heck is this author ;__; I need more of this.

Her first offering (in Hirari 11) was awful, I mean I really hated it, so I wasn't expecting her second to be this, which I would call the best thing Hirari has ever published. Her only other professional work is this and she's got five stories on pixiv, all yuri. Past that I wouldn't expect to hear more out of her. The world isn't quite ready for a person of her talents.

Gulf Standard
Blakeysquare
Yuri Project
joined Sep 15, 2013

The madness needs to stop. The "subtext" tag should have been sunk to the bottom of the ocean and detonated long ago.

Also I'm looking at the first page and they're sitting there with their fingers intertwined and the damn red string of fate wrapped around them.