Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

VariousThrenodies
joined Jun 26, 2022

I think there's a pretty good chance Kaori will manage to drag herself through to finish the book, but man...

last edited at Nov 2, 2023 7:18PM

joined Jul 30, 2023

BTW, sensei announced in advance that volume 6 will be a thicker volume, so there might still be at least 2 chapters left.

On the last page of last month's YuriHime, there's no "climax chapter" indication for KimiTsuzu, so I'm leaning toward 2.

But yes ... it surely going to come to a conclusion sooner than later.

There are 2. The next month's chapter is the final.

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1724896879513600395

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

There are 2. The next month's chapter is the final.

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1724896879513600395

It's currently still a rumor. He gets things wrong all the time, so I wouldn't rely on his information.

The next issue will come out in about 8 hours anyway, so we'll see

I've seen the actual "next issue" page, and yep, next chapter will be last.

Sensei just post an update ... I'll post a new message.

Anyway, we got an official notice from Yuama-sensei that she's skipping 2024/01 issue (releasing 2023/11/17), so next chapter won't come out until December.

https://twitter.com/maymaymay7523/status/1725048758306828482

last edited at Nov 16, 2023 11:48AM

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

Just got a confirmation from Yuama-sensei that there'll be 2 chapters left for KimiTsuzu. The "conclusion" marking on the "next issue" page of 2024/01 issue was a mistake.

https://vxtwitter.com/maymaymay7523/status/1725193577972842573

So, we'll be getting one chapter in December, and one in ... whenever that drops. See you then.

joined Mar 8, 2020

Just got a confirmation from Yuama-sensei that there'll be 2 chapters left for KimiTsuzu. The "conclusion" marking on the "next issue" page of 2024/01 issue was a mistake.

https://vxtwitter.com/maymaymay7523/status/1725193577972842573

So, we'll be getting one chapter in December, and one in ... whenever that drops. See you then.

Thank you

Lmao at ANN and some other news places posting that serie is going to end in December with February issue, doesn't hurt to look at author tweets to make sure (since this month serie went on break, yurihime probably had the notice ready which they didn't remove lol)

last edited at Nov 18, 2023 11:52PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

I read through the localized manga, and I noticed a major difference between it and the fan translation on Page 12 of Chapter 13. For context, Shizuku's on the train and worrying about how her apology to Ruri will go.

In the fan translation, Shizuku thinks, "Back then, I basically just had my mom make a formal apology. I can't repeat that."
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kimi_to_tsuzuru_utakata_ch13#11

In the localization, however, Shizuku thinks, "Back then, my parents had me apologize and promise never to do it again."

I'm curious as to which is correct, but I'm leaning toward the fan translation- you can see Mrs. Hoshikawa seems to be bowing but Shizuku appears to be standing up straight, implying that Shizuku couldn't apologize (most likely due to nerves after seeing the mother of the girl she bullied), or chose not to. It also fits with how Shizuku is determined to actually apologize this time.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I read through the localized manga, and I noticed a major difference between it and the fan translation on Page 12 of Chapter 13. For context, Shizuku's on the train and worrying about how her apology to Ruri will go.

In the fan translation, Shizuku thinks, "Back then, I basically just had my mom make a formal apology. I can't repeat that."

In the localization, however, Shizuku thinks, "Back then, my parents had me apologize and promise never to do it again."

I'm curious as to which is correct, but I'm leaning toward the fan translation- you can see Mrs. Hoshikawa seems to be bowing but Shizuku appears to be standing up straight, implying that Shizuku couldn't apologize (most likely due to nerves after seeing the mother of the girl she bullied), or chose not to. It also fits with how Shizuku is determined to actually apologize this time.

I don’t know Japanese but since the official is done by Seven Seas, there's a higher chance the fan translation is more correct because it is not uncommon for the 7seas translation to be littered with mistakes or be a very, very loose translation that loses all nuance. There's several series I've read where the translation is flat out wrong and completely changes the meaning of the scene. Or sometimes you don't even need to have read the fan translation for comparison to see a speech bubble that completely doesn't make sense with the context.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I don’t know Japanese but since the official is done by Seven Seas, there's a higher chance the fan translation is more correct because it is not uncommon for the 7seas translation to be littered with mistakes or be a very, very loose translation that loses all nuance. There's several series I've read where the translation is flat out wrong and completely changes the meaning of the scene. Or sometimes you don't even need to have read the fan translation for comparison to see a speech bubble that completely doesn't make sense with the context.

That's certainly true, but I noticed a few things that were more accurate in the localization. For example, in Chapter 5 of the localization, Shizuku says she "bullied (her) friend" in the singular rather than plural in the fan translation, since Shizuku didn't bully anyone besides Ruri. At the start of Chapter 15, Seri says that she "heard (Shizuku) yell," rather than seeing Kaori collapse like she claimed to in the fan translation- the two only noticed because Ruri heard Shizuku calling Kaori's name (Seri's expression implies that she heard it, too, and that Ruri confirmed that Seri wasn't just imagining things).

last edited at Nov 21, 2023 7:06PM

joined Mar 15, 2015

I've heard some people compare this with Your Lie in April, and I can certainly see the similarities (particularly a terminally ill girl named Kaori), but does it remind anyone of A Silent Voice? Both star suicidal former bullies who fall in love, but in this series, the bullying victim and the love interest are separate characters.

joined Dec 15, 2022

Well, shit

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

Always was hoping something would happen, and she'd pull through.

Glad they were able to tell each other their feelings. What a good tragedy. Tearin' up a bit.

last edited at Jan 2, 2024 7:40AM

joined Aug 13, 2021

Guess who's going to work ~crying~

sikachu Uploader
Mimi-avatar
joined Aug 12, 2022

T_T

We're expecting a new chapter this month (Jan 2024), so we'll do our best to get the release out asap once the raw is out.

Volume 6 in Japanese is scheduled to be on sale on 2024/02/17. There's a first-print limited edition, so I'd highly recommend getting it if you can. Scanlation-release-wise, we'll probably have c32, volume extra, and then the first print limited booklet.

I hope that you will continue to support the series until the end.

last edited at Jan 2, 2024 7:47AM

20240220_122100
joined Aug 18, 2020

just woke up and saw this had updated, decided to read it, day ruined TT this really hits u man

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, it was written on the wall since the beginning.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

Happy new year.

Iftv
joined Jun 3, 2023

Way to start 2024 huh...
I knew this was going to happen but I had hopes for a happy ending T-T

joined Feb 23, 2020

I'm trying to be positive, at least they spent this last summer together and got their feelings known, Still, this is unfair...

TonoNaster3000
joined Aug 5, 2020

God damnit why i did I read this now I'm about to cry

joined Aug 7, 2020

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

i knew it was coming
but i couldnt help but hope for a bs plot armor miracle to get my girls the happy ending they deserve

20220308_002456
joined Mar 8, 2022

We all knew it would end like this but it still hurts none the less

Rsz_file_000
joined May 20, 2019

Welp, that tears it

This is the best yuri manga of 2024 so far </3

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I already saw the raws and I'm not ready for this translated one. My heart can't take it yet. Maybe in few months.

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

That last page doesn't exist

joined Oct 22, 2020

We all knew it would end like this but it still hurts none the less

Nothing says true yuri fan like the fact we all ignore inevitable outcomes

To reply you must either login or sign up.